Which has the best browser? iPhone on VZW or Motorola Bionic? I really want a great browser now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 02:46 PM
    For those with iPhones: how often did your phone freeze up? I was told by some people about you having to take it in if it happens. If that's really the case, what's the average turnaround time? Thanks.
    I've had my iPhone freeze up about once every 3-4 months.. when it does just do a hard reset.. one more thing.. if you sneeze on your iPhone and take it to Apple you get a new one BAM POW WHAM.. no $35 insurance BULL$HIT.. no send it to Manufacturer BULLDONKEY DO.. ..no warranty additional insurance to buy garbage.

Your iPhone is too glossy for you? BAM.. NEW ONE!!! Apple don't #@$@# around and kills the competition on warranty and service.
    lssanjose likes this.
    01-14-11 06:10 PM
    I've had my iPhone freeze up about once every 3-4 months.. when it does just do a hard reset.. one more thing.. if you sneeze on your iPhone and take it to Apple you get a new one BAM POW WHAM.. no $35 insurance BULL$HIT.. no send it to Manufacturer BULLDONKEY DO.. ..no warranty additional insurance to buy garbage.

Your iPhone is too glossy for you? BAM.. NEW ONE!!! Apple don't #@$@# around and kills the competition on warranty and service.
    I'll have to take one for a test spin, one of these days. Maybe when I'm due in August for a supposed upgrade. Right now, I'm on the fence. I'm looking at the upcoming Bionic because it's dual core, and will see how the iPhone plays out on Verizon. I'll have two, or three guinea pigs in my family who'll be jumping to this anyways. So, thanks for that tidbit!
    01-14-11 06:15 PM
    I'll have to take one for a test spin, one of these days. Maybe when I'm due in August for a supposed upgrade. Right now, I'm on the fence. I'm looking at the upcoming Bionic because it's dual core, and will see how the iPhone plays out on Verizon. I'll have two, or three guinea pigs in my family who'll be jumping to this anyways. So, thanks for that tidbit!
    Test drive both, nobody beats the hands on experience. On the net, you gonna get a biased answer anyway.
    01-14-11 06:43 PM
    Test drive both, nobody beats the hands on experience. On the net, you gonna get a biased answer anyway.
    Very true.
    01-14-11 06:50 PM
    What do I like about Android? hmmm... I'm not sure really, because I haven't really seen its true capabilities other than playing around with my girlfriends Desire. I'm sure it has some decent features but someone else will have to chime in and sell it..
    Here's my take on it. If you want a really easy to use..great phone right out of the box..and don't really care about "personalizing it"..then go with the iPhone. Yes..the iPhone can be jailbroken to achieve customization..but right out of the gate..it's pretty much like everyone else's.

If you like to tinker and play with your phone..and really make it your own..I'd suggest Android. Hands down..it offers the most customization available on any platform imo. As well as offering flash support..you also have a great app store..and while it may not be as large is iPhones..it still has pretty much anything you could want..with alot of them being free..unlike the iPhone.

To me..bottom line is..how much do you want to play around to learn your phone. iPhone is dummy proof. Android takes some time. Each has their pluses and minuses..but each offer a great user experience imo.

Coming from a BB..you shouldnt be disappointed.
    highjakker likes this.
    01-14-11 07:17 PM
    Wait until June or July when iphone 5 hits. Could possibly be on the big red too. Only going by what I read. Not that everything one reads is true, but iphone 5 should be interesting if it includes everything on the list that they are saying it is going to have. dual processors, better cam, blinking red message light and a ton more goodies. There is even talk that you will be able to make purchases with it just by pointing it at something. They are saying no Droid phone will be able to ever do that..
    01-14-11 08:19 PM
    Here's my take on it. If you want a really easy to use..great phone right out of the box..and don't really care about "personalizing it"..then go with the iPhone. Yes..the iPhone can be jailbroken to achieve customization..but right out of the gate..it's pretty much like everyone else's.

If you like to tinker and play with your phone..and really make it your own..I'd suggest Android. Hands down..it offers the most customization available on any platform imo. As well as offering flash support..you also have a great app store..and while it may not be as large is iPhones..it still has pretty much anything you could want..with alot of them being free..unlike the iPhone.

To me..bottom line is..how much do you want to play around to learn your phone. iPhone is dummy proof. Android takes some time. Each has their pluses and minuses..but each offer a great user experience imo.

Coming from a BB..you shouldnt be disappointed.
    Well said. The iPhone really doesn't require a thought process to use. Android is more in depth at the beginning, but once you figure it out, there is no going back...
    01-14-11 08:43 PM
    Which has the best browser? iPhone on VZW or Motorola Bionic? I really want a great browser now.

You will not go wrong with the iPhone browser, its the benchmark.

If you are desperate for flash, again the SkyFire browser offers an alternative. To be honest, Flash was one the main reasons I was considering getting an android, but then many of the websites i visit started to convert a lot of their content to support the iPhone browser, so its not really an issue for me.
    01-14-11 09:20 PM
    I'm headed to the VZW iPhone when it's released. My primary reason for choosing the iPhone is the apps available for it. Most Web-site app downloads that I would find useful are for the iPhone only.

I have a wireless home security camera set-up in my living room so I can keep an eye on my husband, who is disabled, when I'm out of the house. The only way to view the video images is via iPhone or iPod Touch. Right now that means that I'm carrying my BB and my iPod Touch with me all the time. That makes my decision regarding Android vs iPhone easy.

As others have said, it's all about your personal needs and right now the iPhone is the best choice for me. I'm not afraid of tinkering with my phone, I've done it with my BB, but I'd rather not have to do it anymore (I say that now ).
    01-14-11 09:43 PM
    I'm headed to the VZW iPhone when it's released. My primary reason for choosing the iPhone is the apps available for it. Most Web-site app downloads that I would find useful are for the iPhone only.

I have a wireless home security camera set-up in my living room so I can keep an eye on my husband, who is disabled, when I'm out of the house. The only way to view the video images is via iPhone or iPod Touch. Right now that means that I'm carrying my BB and my iPod Touch with me all the time. That makes my decision regarding Android vs iPhone easy.

As others have said, it's all about your personal needs and right now the iPhone is the best choice for me. I'm not afraid of tinkering with my phone, I've done it with my BB, but I'd rather not have to do it anymore (I say that now ).
    When it's all said and done, you have to go with what suits you, that's all there is to it...
    01-14-11 09:45 PM
    One must realize that when a third party company (BMW,eBay,IBM etc.) is creating a mobile app be it small or large the iPhone WILL come first, if there are resources left then Android, then BB. iOS does have the priority over the rest and it doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.
    01-15-11 10:16 AM
    One must realize that when a third party company (BMW,eBay,IBM etc.) is creating a mobile app be it small or large the iPhone WILL come first, if there are resources left then Android, then BB. iOS does have the priority over the rest and it doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.
    Thats another very important fact. I'm not doubting the Market store for decent free apps, but compared to iphone, app store is where you find most of the quality branded apps first and often only.
    01-15-11 02:14 PM

I have to admit iPhone's Safari is really a kick a** browser, i know it doesn't have flash, but it's super fast and since I love my MacBook Pro it's hard not to like the browser on the device.... while I might be biased, I'd still have to say it's probably better
    01-18-11 05:50 AM
    #teamiPhone FTMFW. That is all
    01-18-11 11:17 AM
    I have to admit iPhone's Safari is really a kick a** browser, i know it doesn't have flash, but it's super fast and since I love my MacBook Pro it's hard not to like the browser on the device.... while I might be biased, I'd still have to say it's probably better
    Try out Atomic Web browser in the app store. Best browser in my opinion. Nice tab browsing, Full screen and many more customization options. There is a free version and a .99 version. I got the full version cause it is cheap anyways.
    01-18-11 11:26 AM

My .002, as long as you do not NEED Flash for work or something like that there is not better mobile browser then Safari. Not to mention that all of the demos of Flash running on an Android phone that I have seen look pretty bad as far as performance goes. Also I think that there are a couple of 3rd party browsers that you can get on the iPhone now that do support Flash but I'm not sure about that.
    01-18-11 11:29 AM
    Try out Atomic Web browser in the app store. Best browser in my opinion. Nice tab browsing, Full screen and many more customization options. There is a free version and a .99 version. I got the full version cause it is cheap anyways.
    Mercury costs some money, but it's my favorite browser. Very fast too, faster than Safari.

Review: Mercury Web Browser trumps iPhone’s Safari | iSource
    01-18-11 11:59 AM
    Mercury costs some money, but it's my favorite browser. Very fast too, faster than Safari.

Review: Mercury Web Browser trumps iPhone�s Safari | iSource
    Thanks. I will be checking this out. Safari used to be the best browser but these 3rd party apps with the extra features are smoking safari. Full Screen alone makes it a better experience.
    01-18-11 12:05 PM
    Android and Iphone users who want to change operating system, the speed of Android users want to try the iPhone is twice as high as iPhone users, who are trying Android. Since penetration is three times more iPhone Android, iPhone consumers are more likely to try Android.iPhone customers are more likely to have downloaded a game or play online, but users seem to use their Android phone for a wide range activities as well.
    01-18-11 12:54 PM
    i'm on the BB 8330 and have an upgrade coming soon, (i know, i hear that iP4 isn't available on a VZW upgrade) but my bro-inlaw has the droidx and he says that it has tons more free apps (but i'm not really an apps kinda person...yet anyway, i've had bad luck with BBs app world freezing up and bricking my 8330) but from what i hear iP4 is where it's at. i still don't know. guess i'll have to check em both out once i go to see.......
    01-18-11 01:00 PM
    Play to your heart's content at the Verizon store. But remember: play nice, and if there's someone waiting in line behind ya, just hop to another device until the same event presents itself
    01-18-11 01:07 PM
    Thanks. I will be checking this out. Safari used to be the best browser but these 3rd party apps with the extra features are smoking safari. Full Screen alone makes it a better experience.
    Not to mention, with Mercury, you can transfer files to your PC via WiFi, once you set your PC up to accept the iphone as a remote location.

lssanjose and DX9 like this.
    01-18-11 01:12 PM
    I like the browser. A little different then Atomic but I like it alot. Very comparable except for the added feature of wifi transfer. Don't think Atomic has that.
    Last edited by DX9; 01-18-11 at 01:55 PM.
    01-18-11 01:48 PM
    This is good stuff. I'll be sure to hand this info to my older sister when - not if, she makes the jump next month.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    01-18-11 01:52 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD