That's going to be sweet, man.
    01-12-11 09:45 PM
    See, my sister has a Samsung Captivate and I think it's the nicest screen I've seen on a phone. The super AMOLED screen is gorgeous and the colors are amazing...
    They both are, but the way the current organic droids are configure handicap it severely compared to a retina or a qvga. Yes, the colors are bright, and the blacks are deep, and that will NOT be beat. I can't wait for this tech to be enhanced. It is the best out.
    01-12-11 09:46 PM
    That's going to be sweet, man.
    Dang tron movie! That old game shop was awesome
    01-12-11 09:47 PM
    one more thing......when talking audio, digital rev sucks. Musicians amping it up through true tube amps of the 70s sound so much better.
    01-12-11 09:48 PM
    What do you like better about the iPhone? The features? The way you navigate the OS?

Thanks for the reply, I'm already leaning toward pre-ordering the iPhone, just making sure I won't be disappointed once I get it.
    The things I like about the iPhone:
    1) Bluetooth connects with my Kenwood head unit without fail every time I start the car. This is VERY important to me.

2) Ipod integration. I actually LIKE iTunes.

3) As you mentioned, navigating the OS. Very smooth with no lag.

4) Typing is surprisingly easy and accurate.

5) I have a factory unlocked IP4 running on T-Mobile. Even though I can't get 3g for data, using EDGE doesn't bother me.

6) running through all the settings and configuring email etc. is very intuitive.

7) TONS of accessories for sale, in stores and online.

I will say this.....regardless of how great the iPhone 4 is, I do miss my Blackberry!
    highlife likes this.
    01-12-11 11:57 PM
    The things I like about the iPhone:
    1) Bluetooth connects with my Kenwood head unit without fail every time I start the car. This is VERY important to me.

2) Ipod integration. I actually LIKE iTunes.

3) As you mentioned, navigating the OS. Very smooth with no lag.

4) Typing is surprisingly easy and accurate.

5) I have a factory unlocked IP4 running on T-Mobile. Even though I can't get 3g for data, using EDGE doesn't bother me.

6) running through all the settings and configuring email etc. is very intuitive.

7) TONS of accessories for sale, in stores and online.

I will say this.....regardless of how great the iPhone 4 is, I do miss my Blackberry!
    What I really miss is a BB at the quality and functionality of an iphone4. If BB would have something similar plus the addition of the BBmessenger and the flashing little red light and some high-quality customizable Operating system, this apple iphone would be history within days. It would be nice to see RIM not only trying to play catch up with the competition but leading again.
    01-13-11 12:17 AM
    What I really miss is a BB at the quality and functionality of an iphone4. If BB would have something similar plus the addition of the BBmessenger and the flashing little red light and some high-quality customizable Operating system, this apple iphone would be history within days. It would be nice to see RIM not only trying to play catch up with the competition but leading again.
    Amen Brother!!
    01-13-11 12:20 AM
    Well I have played with my Aunts Iphone4 and I still like my droidx's screen better...its bigger and brighter and just better...IMO.

I can't handle little screens...nothing will get done!
    01-13-11 08:31 AM
    The Motorolo Bionic will had LED notification as far as I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 10:25 AM
    Anyone that has used both devices that can give me a little input?

Also curious about the music thing...
    I have used many many android devices and all iphones to date. I lean more towards the iphone and here is why (keep in mind this is just me):

I am huge into music, i dj and listen to hours and hours of music. To this day, nothing syncs better than iOS device with itunes. I have used doubletwist and it is not the same. All i have to do with itunes is plug the device with the computer and forget about it. With doubletwist i have to tweak it every time so that it doen't remove or sync things i do not want.

Everytime i use android i feel bad for not making use of the 5/7 screens i am given. I force myself into adding widgets that i really never use just so that i can justify using them. I do not play games on the phone or anything crazy. My usage is phone, texting and music to be honest.
    If i want to use facebook or foursquare i use the application but i dont need constant updates on status or wallposts which the android widget allows you to see and do contantly.

If you are somewhat like me, by that i mean use the phone side of the phone more than the media, i think the iphone will make you happy. Now, if you are into changing the way your layout looks frequently and tweaking little things here and there constantly, then android is for you.

Hope this helps! Best.
    Last edited by dcgore; 01-13-11 at 10:31 AM.
    highlife and highjakker like this.
    01-13-11 10:28 AM
    That's what it really comes down to ... Me personally will be buying the moto atrix 4g when it hits the shelves ...It was good ride BB9700
    01-13-11 10:31 AM
    I've had a Droid X and an iPod touch.

I prefer iOS. Android is nice but I just prefer how everything is handled on iOS.
    01-13-11 11:34 AM
    I love my Incredible but I have to say, I will be moving on to the iPhone. It's just that apple provides updates to their iPhones consistently. I mean you're not going to have to wait for carrier or manufacture approval before the updates are sent to you. I think this is the biggest thing for me...yes, I know you can root your droid but why should I have to in order to get an update...also, even though the iPhone doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the upcoming android phones such as dual processor, 8 megapixel cameras, etc. The current iPhone still does a pretty good job at gaming, has pretty good battery life, and captures better pictures than my 8 megapixel Incredible...I guess it will come down to what you prefer better. I just think the iPhone excels despite not having a dual processor, 8 megapixel cam, flash, etc...
    highlife likes this.
    01-13-11 11:48 AM
    For those with iPhones: how often did your phone freeze up? I was told by some people about you having to take it in if it happens. If that's really the case, what's the average turnaround time? Thanks.
    01-13-11 12:33 PM
    It's great to be a consumer these days...so many great smartphones to choose from.
    01-13-11 02:14 PM
    iphone forever :S
    01-13-11 05:33 PM
    I say how about both? Im getting a Atrix to go along with my i4
    that's what i'll be doing. i will actually be returning my Focus (wp7) soon.
    01-13-11 05:49 PM
    I am impressed.
    This thread has remained civil, rational and balanced for 2 days.

Congratulations to all who have posted. There is hope for us afterall.

I've read SO MANY of these that turned into pointless stupidity.
    crackvegas78 likes this.
    01-13-11 11:05 PM
    I take it none of you had to take your iPhone because, in your experience, it hasn't frozen up?
    01-13-11 11:31 PM
    I take it none of you had to take your iPhone because, in your experience, it hasn't frozen up?
    My 4 has not frozen once. Past iphones would freeze but the application would close on its own and back to the home screen. Then you can select it again. I guess this means the phone does not freeze.
    Last edited by dcgore; 01-14-11 at 09:49 AM.
    01-14-11 07:28 AM
    Me: iPhone 4
    GF: Android (HTC Desire)

Both coming from BlackBerry.

and both agree the iPhone 4 is better.

The battery is longer lasting than her android, she is forever charging it!

Although her screen is nice and bright (amoled), with some nice colours..but the screen on the iP4 still peaks ahead.

UI on the iP4 maybe old looking for some, but this is my first iPhone, so its new to me plus its sooo easy to navigate through. I find flicking through the widget screens on the Desire a bit useless, or maybe its because my GF hasn't really utilised it.

Not sure if this is just a problem with the Desire, but we find the WiFi auto connect a major issue on the Desire.

Whereas my iPhone will lock on to known wifi signals automatically, with the Desire, you have to always go into settings to reconnect it, even after it was previously connected but the screen locked out! is this true of all Droids? I've heard there are apps to work-around it e.g WeFi, but most reviews I've read say they are unreliable.

and then there is the AppStore, truely amazing....pretty much anything you want, you'll find. If you are a gamer, there are tons of quality games, that rival the likes of PSP and DS...I consider myself a casual gamer, however the iPhone gave me back my joy of playing computer games. The last time I picked up and played my DS lite was probably a year ago and was also considering buying a PS3 or Xbox, but seriously I have no need for such toys now.

People who are anti-apple say the Appstore is cluttered with Fart apps, believe me if you dont search for it, you wont ever find it!

Music and videos, great.

HTML email, lovely!

FaceTime, fun!

You want Flash, get the SkyFire browser on AppStore.

and if you really want to customise and be unique, read up on jailbreaking your OS. The best thing I did!

What do I like about Android? hmmm... I'm not sure really, because I haven't really seen its true capabilities other than playing around with my girlfriends Desire. I'm sure it has some decent features but someone else will have to chime in and sell it..
    Last edited by The Gift; 01-14-11 at 09:50 AM.
    highjakker likes this.
    01-14-11 09:40 AM
    Thank you that was a pretty direct and useful post.. I am actually considering between the Epic, Evo, or IP4. Although I typically like larger screens. I'm coming from a BB so any screen will be a step up. Flash is also important to me because i plan to spend a lot of time on the web. So if i can get Flash on a IP4 then I'm sold.
    01-14-11 12:43 PM
    Thank you that was a pretty direct and useful post.. I am actually considering between the Epic, Evo, or IP4. Although I typically like larger screens. I'm coming from a BB so any screen will be a step up. Flash is also important to me because i plan to spend a lot of time on the web. So if i can get Flash on a IP4 then I'm sold.
    No flash on the iphone, have to go the android route. The epic is currently running android 2.1 which does not support "full" flash yet (stock). The EVO in this case would be the best player here.
    01-14-11 01:06 PM
    For those with iPhones: how often did your phone freeze up? I was told by some people about you having to take it in if it happens. If that's really the case, what's the average turnaround time? Thanks.
    Taking it in is a last resort, To simulate a battery pull to reset the phone you hold home and sleep buttons together til it shuts off and reboots... if it's still frozen (doesn't happen very often at all.. but could ) you restore it to factory settings from iTunes and recover everything from your last backup with iTunes, plain and simple...

There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING worse than trying to recover a bricked BB... I know I've done it, such a pain in the a** .... with Apple is simple and easy

so the last resort is going in, and if you go into Apple, their Genius Bar is by far the best Customer Service you could ever expect
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 01-14-11 at 02:44 PM.
    lssanjose likes this.
    01-14-11 02:39 PM
    I've done it too and it was terrible experience. Not only because I don't have a PC but because I spent hours at my parents PC to do it. I'm looking forward to Android backing up my data and apps OTA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 02:41 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD