I'm having a little trouble deciding if I should stick with my current Droid Incredible, or move over to the iPhone when it comes to verizon next month.

I like being able to fully customize a device, and from what I understand, the iPhone doesn't have flash. Is it possible to jailbreak the phone and install a flash rom somehow? Sorry if that has been answered before.

I'm also unsure of how the music on the iPhone works.. I know you have to sync your phone with iTunes, which I have never used. Does that mean I can 'only' install music on my phone that I purchased through iTunes, or can I load any of my already owned music on it as well?

Any pro's/con's people have would be helpful..

Thanks!
    01-12-11 10:50 AM
    Omg! iphone is the same as ipod touch 4G really!
    just because u can call and send messages if you get ipod touch 4G and install skype u have ur iphone i was iphone 4 owner and sucks!
    01-12-11 11:28 AM
    I'd wait for the Motorola Bionic. It's LTE unlike the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 11:40 AM

Word. Only upgrade when you can get perceivably twice the performance. According to Verizon's chart (who knows how much stock one should put in such a thing), it borders on high end broadband.

Dual core: need we say more?
    01-12-11 12:05 PM
    Anyone that has used both devices that can give me a little input?

Also curious about the music thing...
    01-12-11 01:40 PM
    You can use your own music. No need for purchasing music from iTunes. You just sync iTunes with the folder you use for your downloads. Very simple
    highlife likes this.
    01-12-11 02:31 PM
    i would get the Bionic. the Iphone4 is last years phone.. its not new, just on a new carrier
    01-12-11 03:22 PM
    Holy all of a sudden the iPhone 4 is outdated? Come on. The iPhone is an overall great device. Very fast, killer screen, amazing browsing experience using Atomic Web Browser from the App Store. Battery life kills any Droid out there. My iPhone is even jailbroken and battery lasts over a day easily with what I use it for. All personal pref. Try different phones and see what you like or wait for newer models. Your choice bud. If you want to really customize your phone go with a Droid or get an iPhone and jailbreak it Once there is a jailbreak for the iOS version. iPhone 4 is a great device.
    highlife likes this.
    01-12-11 03:32 PM
    I say how about both? Im getting a Atrix to go along with my i4
    Duvi likes this.
    01-12-11 03:54 PM
    Motorola Bionic for me....
    01-12-11 04:00 PM
    I've had Android phones and the iPhone 4. I prefer the iPhone, but that's just me. Make sure you test both devices before you choose.
    highlife likes this.
    01-12-11 05:23 PM
    I've had Android phones and the iPhone 4. I prefer the iPhone, but that's just me. Make sure you test both devices before you choose.
    What do you like better about the iPhone? The features? The way you navigate the OS?

Thanks for the reply, I'm already leaning toward pre-ordering the iPhone, just making sure I won't be disappointed once I get it.
    01-12-11 05:31 PM
    I to have used both android and iPhones and the OS is more stable and more user friendly IMO plus nothing ... And I mean NOTHING beats the display on the iPhone 4
    highlife likes this.
    01-12-11 05:43 PM

Preach on, Sista!
    01-12-11 05:56 PM
    I to have used both android and iPhones and the OS is more stable and more user friendly IMO plus nothing ... And I mean NOTHING beats the display on the iPhone 4
    The Droid Bionic has virtually the same display (only larger).
    01-12-11 05:57 PM
    Not a droid owner. Still on my storm 2 but when iphone 5 is released in the summer, this will be one to get. Better camera, non breakable screen, dual processors, blinking message indicator light along with more customizations possible, as a good alternative to the droids, this is going to be a sweet phone. For all of us BB users, if BB cant deliver for us, sounds like Apple will be able to.
    01-12-11 06:07 PM
    See, my sister has a Samsung Captivate and I think it's the nicest screen I've seen on a phone. The super AMOLED screen is gorgeous and the colors are amazing...
    justme71 likes this.
    01-12-11 06:52 PM
    They both do the same things just a little differently. Personally I like the 4 inch screens a little better then the smaller iphone screen.

01-12-11 07:19 PM
    Not a droid owner. Still on my storm 2 but when iphone 5 is released in the summer, this will be one to get. Better camera, non breakable screen, dual processors, blinking message indicator light along with more customizations possible, as a good alternative to the droids, this is going to be a sweet phone. For all of us BB users, if BB cant deliver for us, sounds like Apple will be able to.
    The iP4 screen is breakable. perhaps you meant, it's scratch resistant? It is, but if you drop it hard enough it will crack or shatter. So don't drop it and a rubber bumper or cover is a must. Don't know about the iP5.
    01-12-11 07:32 PM
    See, my sister has a Samsung Captivate and I think it's the nicest screen I've seen on a phone. The super AMOLED screen is gorgeous and the colors are amazing...
    The Retina display decimates all screens at this point in time... there in not a nicer display on the market today, not yet anyways...
    01-12-11 08:31 PM
    The Retina display decimates all screens at this point in time... there in not a nicer display on the market today, not yet anyways...
    but they can only make it this big.
    01-12-11 08:59 PM
    obviously, those who think the iphone4's screen display is not high-res enough, have never used or seen an iphone4, only in videos or screenshots.

Looking at my torch vs. my iphone screen, it's like comparing a 1980 made tube TV screen to a brand new 50 inch L.E.D screen tv.

blackberry torch display:

iphone 4.
    EleventhHour2139 likes this.
    01-12-11 09:35 PM
    Well, the res on most BB displays is painful, anyway. This said, it's not comparing apples to apples. I'll have to go play with both devices to get a better view of what's out there (no pun intended).
    01-12-11 09:42 PM
    Can I laugh? ha ha ha rock the tube you rock right?
    01-12-11 09:43 PM
    I am looking for old TVs gonna start a museum of old tech!
    01-12-11 09:44 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD