Even Hotmail is push now that MS gave it ActiveSync conduits. The only type of accounts that would poll would be POP3 accounts, but at least with that you can control your polling delay on them as opposed to the BB/BIS which defaults to 15 min poll and push to handset with no option to shorten it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 15 minutes is the best the iPhone can do also......Can you shorten the polling delay under 15 minutes?
    12-19-10 08:14 AM
    Depending on what email provider you use you could set it up as push.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 15 minutes is the best the iPhone can do also......Can you shorten the polling delay under 15 minutes?
    12-19-10 10:33 AM
    Depending on what email provider you use you could set it up as push.
    Yeah, but minus "push", can "polling" be set under 15 minutes (pop3 accounts)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shinbone; 12-19-10 at 11:41 AM.
    12-19-10 11:38 AM
    No I think on pop 15 min is the lowest you can go
    12-19-10 12:14 PM
    I currently have a Storm 2. I use two email accounts. One is gmail and my main one is AOL. If I switch to an Iphone, does it mean that the quickest I could get my AOL emails is every 15 minutes. That would be tough for me.
    Thanks.
    12-19-10 06:33 PM
    I currently have a Storm 2. I use two email accounts. One is gmail and my main one is AOL. If I switch to an Iphone, does it mean that the quickest I could get my AOL emails is every 15 minutes. That would be tough for me.
    Thanks.
    No. You would still get the email within seconds, you just won't get the notification for it if you are waiting for your phone to notify you. If you expect email, you could always just check any time.

Looks like people are confusing the notification and getting the email. You still get the email as soon as your mailbox received it.
    lapeter#CB likes this.
    12-19-10 08:07 PM
    Question: How do I send files from my iPhone 4 to my computer via Bluetooth?

I'm trying to send some pictures taken on my iPhone 4 to my MacBook Pro. I synced them both, so it's ready to go. But it only gives me the following options:
    - Email Photo
    - MMS
    - Assign to Contact
    - Use as Wallpaper
    - Print
    - Cancel

I want it to say "Send via Bluetooth" or something. Any idea?
    12-19-10 11:02 PM
    Question: How do I send files from my iPhone 4 to my computer via Bluetooth?

I'm trying to send some pictures taken on my iPhone 4 to my MacBook Pro. I synced them both, so it's ready to go. But it only gives me the following options:
    - Email Photo
    - MMS
    - Assign to Contact
    - Use as Wallpaper
    - Print
    - Cancel

I want it to say "Send via Bluetooth" or something. Any idea?

You can't send it via Bluetooth unless it's jb'n I'm pretty sure but why not just use iPhoto to import the photos off the device since you have a MacBook Pro ? You can import them and they will still stay on the device as well
    12-20-10 12:20 AM
    No. You would still get the email within seconds, you just won't get the notification for it if you are waiting for your phone to notify you. If you expect email, you could always just check any time.

Looks like people are confusing the notification and getting the email. You still get the email as soon as your mailbox received it.
    Confused here . . . the iphone4 doesn't notify me when I get an incoming email with a vibrate, chirp or some type of a ringtone??
    12-20-10 08:01 AM
    Confused here . . . the iphone4 doesn't notify me when I get an incoming email with a vibrate, chirp or some type of a ringtone??
    Yes, it does notify you when incoming e-mail arrives.
    12-20-10 08:18 AM
    Sorry for my Iphone ignorance. On my storm when I get an email the phone makes a noise and vibrates and one of the screen icons (either aol or gmail) will show that I have an email. What happens on the Iphone when I get an aol email or a gmail email. TIA

12-20-10 10:53 AM
    Sorry for my Iphone ignorance. On my storm when I get an email the phone makes a noise and vibrates and one of the screen icons (either aol or gmail) will show that I have an email. What happens on the Iphone when I get an aol email or a gmail email. TIA
    iPhone does the same thing, noise and vibrates, screen icon appears with the number of unread e-mails.
    lapeter#CB likes this.
    12-20-10 02:04 PM
    iPhone does the same thing, noise and vibrates, screen icon appears with the number of unread e-mails.
    So the only e-mail notification that is "missing" on the iPhone is the blinking LED (I love my BerryBuzz)? Is LED notification possible with jail-breaking or is there no LED on the iPhone to use?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that iPhone comes to VZW, I just went from a PC to an iMac so the iPhone would make life easier for me. I'm sure that I'd get used to not having my blinking BerryBuzz LED, but it sure would be nice to have it.

TIA.
    12-27-10 09:45 PM
    So the only e-mail notification that is "missing" on the iPhone is the blinking LED (I love my BerryBuzz)? Is LED notification possible with jail-breaking or is there no LED on the iPhone to use?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that iPhone comes to VZW, I just went from a PC to an iMac so the iPhone would make life easier for me. I'm sure that I'd get used to not having my blinking BerryBuzz LED, but it sure would be nice to have it.

TIA.
    There is no LED unfortunately but you will get used to it.

And to Lapeter and Shinbone what entertainment is saying is that if you have it set to check every 15 minutes you won't get the notification for the email until the set time rolls around and your phone checks for it. But if you open the email application it automatically checks for email and you would get whatever email that would have been pushed through when it checked for it on it's own rather than having to wait.
    mededitor likes this.
    12-30-10 05:20 PM
    I do miss the notifications but you get used to checking the phone every so often. It really isn't a big deal.
    01-03-11 06:45 PM

And to Lapeter and Shinbone what entertainment is saying is that if you have it set to check every 15 minutes you won't get the notification for the email until the set time rolls around and your phone checks for it. But if you open the email application it automatically checks for email and you would get whatever email that would have been pushed through when it checked for it on it's own rather than having to wait.
    Unless you have push email in which case you will be notified immediately.
    01-04-11 08:46 AM
    I'm so used to the LED notification that I can't imagine not having it---I'm afraid I'll be checking for new e-mails every 30 seconds.

On the other hand, I need a few of the features of the iPhone, which makes it a "must have" if and when it comes to VZW.

As long as I hear the e-mail notification, I'm sure that I'll adapt to the lack of LED notification. The 15-minute e-mail push doesn't concern me, so for now all I have to do is wait and see if the latest rumors are true about the iPhone and VZW...
    01-04-11 08:16 PM
    No I think on pop 15 min is the lowest you can go
    It depends on how brave you are. If you jailbreak your phone, I believe a plist edit can change the fetch intervals to virtually anything, including every second or something. Of course your battery life will suffer.
    01-05-11 12:48 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD