"~ D� fhada an l� tagann an tr�thn�na ~"

Obla di obla da, life goes on ah! La la la la life goes on.

I have no idea what that means but that's what I thought when I read your new sig
    03-16-10 01:59 PM
    03-16-10 02:15 PM

Don't get me wrong, I have an IPod and wouldn't swap it for the world but the IPad is crap I think.
    03-16-10 02:25 PM
    "~ D� fhada an l� tagann an tr�thn�na ~"

Obla di obla da, life goes on ah! La la la la life goes on.

I have no idea what that means but that's what I thought when I read your new sig
    LOL!!! Pretty good...almost correct.....
    03-16-10 02:44 PM
    Yes... it's called an iPhone..

It's great that we have choices. If everyone was happy with one prodcut then we wouldn't need to worry about buying anything else.

I think the points have already been made. Not everyone wants to browse, play games, read books on a 3.5" screen.

I ordered one. I like Apple products, I am hardly a fanboy since I spend my days managing a windows enviroment.

I have an iMac and iPhone. I didn't want a Macbook because all I do when I am away from my desk is maybe watch a movie, surf the web, check email, etc... I don't need a full OS to manage on my portable device. I am content with the iPad not being a full desktop replacement. I don't want that, otherwise I would have a Macbook. Like stated before I love what my iPhone does and if I can get most of that on a bigger screen I believe that will meet my needs.

If it is just a big iPod Touch then I would say most users are going to enjoy using it since most seem to love their Touch....If you can imagine your Touch bigger then you can make a personal call on how the product will peform for you.

Also when the iPhone first launhced there wasn't all these apps, etc... The iPad should evolve and who knows what OS 4.0 will bring.

Again this is my own personal reason for buying one. If someone else thinks thats dumb, stupid, etc.. that is fine. They are entitiled to have an opinion but I don't think it matters what a stranger on the internet thinks about a persons buying habits, I don't post for reassurance I made a good purchase. I evaulate my needs and found a product that will meet them, if my needs change then I will find a different prodcut.

That is all.
    Last edited by TWISM; 03-16-10 at 03:54 PM.
    03-16-10 03:52 PM
    You know, I'd buy this thing in an instant if it had Flash.

I know, I know....Steve Jobs doesn't like Flash. HTML5 is supposedly just around the corner....but it isn't here yet. Unfortunately, this is a device that has neither. So, for me, it's not worth it. Waiting for the 4G to see if that has Flash. If it doesn't I'll wait for the new BBerry devices to see if they have it. If they don't, I'll continue carrying my itty bitty little notebook.
    I wouldn't wait for Flash. If apple won't put it on the iPad, they definitely won't put it on the iPhone.
    03-16-10 04:18 PM
    I'm not saying they're not but ultimately, it's up to the user to decide which is better for them. They might like the browsing better on it than a netbook for whatever reason. Regardless of what we think about SOMEONE ELSES spending, they decide which device is "better". Just you one like an iPhone and another likes a Blackberry. Doesn't matter what I think is better if one of the devices in better to themselves. And that's all that matters. And by the way.... netbooks stink.
    I totally agree with this post. Especially that last line.

Although I like using my friend's when we're out doing stuff and I need to look something up really fast.
    03-16-10 04:22 PM
    Boy if a Netbook stinks, which happens to do more than an iPad... I can only imagine how bad the iPad will be. Oh wait.. nevermind.. it has the Apple logo on it, carry on.

Hmm a 64GB iPad.. can install my iTunes library on it.. nevermind.. my music and videos won't fit.

Show of hands...how many people have a Kindle?

Considering the new iPhone will have a 64GB hard drive on it.. well.. it's like.. buying a BMW 545 series.. with 400hp and an M5 with 500hp.. same car.. oh wait.. it isn't, is it? No.. of course not.. BMW said so..so I need BOTH! hahaha.

All joking and mocking aside.. I do hope all the fanboys.. correction sorry.. all the people who pre-ordered the iPad are truly happy.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 03-16-10 at 05:19 PM.
    03-16-10 05:09 PM
    Boy if a Netbook stinks, which happens to do more than an iPad... I can only imagine how bad the iPad will be. Oh wait.. nevermind.. it has the Apple logo on it, carry on.

Hmm a 64GB iPad.. can install my iTunes library on it.. nevermind.. my music and videos won't fit.

Show of hands...how many people have a Kindle?

Considering the new iPhone will have a 64GB hard drive on it.. well.. it's like.. buying a BMW 545 series.. with 400hp and an M5 with 500hp.. same car.. oh wait.. it isn't, is it? No.. of course not.. BMW said so..so I need BOTH! hahaha.

All joking and mocking aside.. I do hope all the fanboys.. correction sorry.. all the people who pre-ordered the iPad are truly happy.
    I'm sure they are. Just because you can't find a reason to use an iPad doesn't mean they can't.
    03-16-10 06:24 PM
    This whole thread is pointless. If you care that much about what other people are buying then you really have no life. What's really funny is when the known Apple haters start to talk like anyone really cares what they have to say. I am a Apple fan and if you want to say fanboy I really could care less, I am still not getting an iPad simply because I do not need one. That said I am sure that I will pick one up in year or so when all the bugs are worked out of it. And as far as the known Apple fans are concerned no one really cares what we have to say either since we are know to defend Apple against all the worthless haters that have nothing better to do then try to pick fights with us.
    03-16-10 07:54 PM
    I'm sure they are. Just because you can't find a reason to use an iPad doesn't mean they can't.
    Precisely. I wonder why some people can't get that fact through their thick skulls. We just will watch and see a bunch of other companies start pumping out tablet PCs (which are already in design and production stages) and then let's see how pointless it is to EVERYONE.
    03-16-10 08:50 PM
    I own a kindle.... Like it for what it does, but wish it had more features. When I read on my kindle it serves its purpose; however, there are times that I wish i could do more. Apples ipad is going to give me he opportunity to read books, browse the internet and read emails in one device.

For my use, the ipad will work perfectly. I like to rent movies from itunes and the bigger screen is welcome. Getting tired of watching them on my itouch laying in bed.
    03-16-10 09:24 PM
    That rant did not help you prove your point. "I don't care what you have to say because I'm right and you're wrong" and "you don't care what I have to say because you're wrong anyway and won't admit it". Way to raise the bar there
    See this is what I am talking about. I never said that either side was right or wrong. My point was that no one should care what others buy and that Apple fanboys and Apple haters will never really listen to each other, a point you made very well buy entirely missing the point of my post. Like I said I am an Apple fan, but that does not mean that I think they are the best at everything they do, gaming for example is an area where Windows PC's really have a big advantage over Apple. Like I said this thread is really pointless.
    Last edited by crackvegas78; 03-16-10 at 10:19 PM.
    03-16-10 10:16 PM
    I own a kindle.... Like it for what it does, but wish it had more features. When I read on my kindle it serves its purpose; however, there are times that I wish i could do more. Apples ipad is going to give me he oppertunity to read books, browse the internet and read emails in one device.

For my use, the ipad will work perfectly. I like to rent movies from itunes and the bigger screen is welcome. Getting tired of watching them on my itouch laying in bed.
    I think that you are a perfect example of the target demographic that Apple is after, people that own or are thinking about a Kindle.
    03-16-10 10:18 PM
    Of course.. it's a free capitalistic country.. just as Apple fanboys can justify their ridiculous reasons to even look at an iPad I can justify my ridiculous reasons as to not. Works both ways.. iPad rocks.. iPad stinks.. circle of life my friend.

Disclaimer: The mere fact that my opinion does not agree with anyone's - Apple can do no wrong mentality - is not intended to cause or incite emotional distress.

Sidenote: I love my 13" MacBook Pro, my MacMini, 1TB TC and my 3G[s]... but this iPad is reeeeaaaallllly stretching it.. for even this (me) "fanboy"
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 03-16-10 at 10:44 PM.
    03-16-10 10:42 PM
    I own a kindle.... Like it for what it does, but wish it had more features. When I read on my kindle it serves its purpose; however, there are times that I wish i could do more. Apples ipad is going to give me he opportunity to read books, browse the internet and read emails in one device.
    I think the point some posters are trying to make is that many people will run into the same problem with the iPad. You're gonna wish it could do more. It's not that I couldn't find uses for the iPad, I just can't justify it for the price compared to what's already on the market and what's in the pipeline and what my needs are.

I am still not getting an iPad simply because I do not need one. That said I am sure that I will pick one up in year or so when all the bugs are worked out of it.
    Now that's just funny...
    03-17-10 12:27 AM
    91,000?! and on a PRE-ORDER, not even released in stores.

Sounds pretty "not a flop" to me by that trend. Sorry Apple haters, you fail yet again.
    I'm an apple fanboy and let me say this

THE IPAD IS GARBAGE AND ANYONE BUYING IT SHOULD SLAP THEMSELVES! We all know what it does and its not much more than what my 3gs can do.
    03-17-10 12:34 AM
    03-17-10 12:57 AM
    lol, so that was pretty funny, gotta admit. FORE!
    03-17-10 01:29 AM

THE IPAD IS GARBAGE AND ANYONE BUYING IT SHOULD SLAP THEMSELVES! We all know what it does and its not much more than what my 3gs can do.
    Just by saying that you have shown that you are not an Apple fanboy. LOL And I am not saying that is a bad thing just saying that you are not one.
    03-17-10 02:19 AM
    I wouldn't wait for Flash. If apple won't put it on the iPad, they definitely won't put it on the iPhone.
    I know, I know.....I just like to methodically make a list of what I want and then seek out the device that gives that to me. Right now Berries don't have Flash. I'm waiting for Apple. If Apple doesn't give it to me (and I'm sure it won't) then I know to discount the 4G and wait for the Berry. And if not that, then continue carrying my notebook.

But I think the Berry might have Flash at the end of the year, so I'll wait and see. This may be a good year for me.
    03-17-10 03:07 AM
    I know, I know.....I just like to methodically make a list of what I want and then seek out the device that gives that to me. Right now Berries don't have Flash. I'm waiting for Apple. If Apple doesn't give it to me (and I'm sure it won't) then I know to discount the 4G and wait for the Berry. And if not that, then continue carrying my notebook.

But I think the Berry might have Flash at the end of the year, so I'll wait and see. This may be a good year for me.
    haha, yeah. A Palm Pre has Flash too, might be a decent option for you if you want Flash. Unless, of course, you don't like the small keys of the Palm Pre, or webOS.
    03-17-10 03:37 AM
    haha, yeah. A Palm Pre has Flash too, might be a decent option for you if you want Flash. Unless, of course, you don't like the small keys of the Palm Pre, or webOS.
    Ya know, I looked at the Pre, but it just didn't knock me flat. I want a device that rocks my world.
    I know that it sounds silly now, but when I saw the Audiovox Pocket PC way back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, I just HAD to have it. Ditto for my 8310. And the 3GS. And the 9000 and the 9700. I waited in line at the Pentagon City Apple store for the 3GS. The 9700 was insane because I hadn't even seen it! I'd intended to go to the store and try it out, but literally 20 minutes after I found out it had become available on the online release, I scooped it up. I brought it TO BED and my husband gave me *the look*.
    I tried the Pre and the Droid and I was like....meh....eh......NEXT!!!!
    Look, it's not that I'm a Flash nut - fact is, when you're running around the web, there are a bizillion sites that require Flash. When HTML5 takes over, then I'll get a device that supports that. I don't want to be constrained today in favor of something that will happen in the future. Tech becomes obsolete the instant it comes out and you buy it, because there's already something bigger, better, faster in development. The latest thing is only the latest thing for a fraction of an instant.
    Me? I'm psychotic enough to go after it and blessed enough to be able to go after it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 05:02 AM

So the ASSumption here is that everyone who gets an iPad has an iPhone? Good job.
    03-17-10 07:02 AM
    So the ASSumption here is that everyone who gets an iPad has an iPhone? Good job.
    Well kinda.. there are a godzillion iPhones running around...
    03-17-10 09:38 AM
141 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD