Just pre ordered mine can't wait to get it on the 3rd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lucky you for being a member of the ''elite'' who have enough disposable income to buy something pre-ordered during a recession.

I'm worried about making ends meet and paying my rent.

:P

Do let us know how it is. I think it's cool
    03-15-10 05:41 PM
    Well I wasn't the one who here in this thread who called it a big iPhone/iPad..(funny you say that because that was the first thing our of my wife's mouth when she saw it). I believe it to be someone else (Crackberry I believe). I understand your reasoning but I do not call it a failure as of yet, my problem is people calling it a success before it has even been used.. by 91,000+ blind buys.

My MacBook Pro 13" is very easy to carry... easy to keep on my lap as well as on the couch with no issues whatsoever so the iPad wouldn't replace my couching needs anytime soon. Heck I use my iPhone on my couch more than my MacBook.

Heck if I see some reasoning as to how it would fit my lifestyle I'll go get one, but as of now I just don't.
    I did agree with you prior to the 91K being sold. There may be returns, but we know it won't be a high amount, that's something we both can bet our homes on (barring that isn't a malfunction like the Toyotas ). Whether it is blind mice, loyal following knowing it will be a quality product, someone who actually has a fit in their lifestyle or whatever hundreds of other reasons, I'm positive it'll be a success... the level of success is yet to be determined.
    03-15-10 06:54 PM
    150,000 blind buys now but whos counting

And if its "just a big ipod/iphone" then how much of a "blind" buy is it really? People who own either device basically know what to expect.

150,000 is still impressive considering few people really know about the preorder and it hasnt even hit Apple or ATT stores where people can use them yet and it gets exposure.
    03-15-10 07:04 PM
    Yea i have to agree, the Apple products aren't like RIM's they usually don't come out flooded with bugs. (storm 1, tour 1). And like everyone on cb has been ranting seen the keynote its just a big iPod with a bookstore we know what were buying.
    03-15-10 09:07 PM
    150,000 is still impressive considering few people really know about the preorder
    I'm surprised anyone knew about it. I tried searching Google News and only found 1300 or so stories (*cough* free ads*cough) that mentioned it
    03-15-10 09:15 PM

And if its "just a big ipod/iphone" then how much of a "blind" buy is it really? People who own either device basically know what to expect.
    Hmm you kinda have a point there..
    03-15-10 11:12 PM
    I'm surprised anyone knew about it. I tried searching Google News and only found 1300 or so stories (*cough* free ads*cough) that mentioned it
    Not everyone spends their days Googling ipad stories. People have lives off the internet And there's only been maybe a handful of commercials run to the general public.
    03-16-10 12:39 AM
    Not everyone spends their days Googling ipad stories. People have lives off the internet And there's only been maybe a handful of commercials run to the general public.
    Yes, but it's been all over the news. Plus, any good company knows that word of mouth is the best possible advertising they can get.

03-16-10 12:56 AM
    Still, LOTS of people dont know about the pre-order, they may know its out there but not to pre-order it or thats even an option. Big difference between knowing about generally, and knowing about the pre-order that were discussing here.

And Im sure a lot of people are waiting to see it in person anyways and buy it on the spot, not a pre-order where they cant physically see one first.
    03-16-10 01:06 AM
    Can you pre-order the stand/keyboard/charger/USB connector accessory as well
    03-16-10 01:15 AM
    I pretty know what to expect; a large itouch. Nothing more-nothing less. Honestly... If the rumours are true, I'm more interested in the upcoming iphone. Probably will have to wait and see before I purchase the ipad.

03-16-10 01:30 AM
    03-16-10 01:48 AM
    I pretty know what to expect; a large itouch. Nothing more-nothing less. Honestly... If the rumours are true, I'm more interested in the upcoming iphone. Probably will have to wait and see before I purchase the ipad.

Exactly. Everybody knows how it's going to work. It's just going to be more efficient at things a tablet would be used for, such as browsing the web, emailing, IMing, etc., than an iPod touch because of the larger screen and better battery. If you want a portable desktop experience, buy a laptop. I don't understand why people want a whole desktop OS on a tablet. They were never made for touchscreens in mind. A tablet should have an OS that was made specifically for it, not Windows 7 or Snow Leopard.
    03-16-10 03:21 AM
    I don't get and don't think I ever will. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything yet people have so much hostility towards people that love Apple products. Is it not possible for people to just really like a brand and stick with it? Now I agree, some people are jerks and go overboard with defending their electronics and bashing others but I still don't think it justifies all the anger toward people who frankly just love apple products. When that slide phone comes out from RIM, thousands of BB users will buy it because RIM made it but yet they are not subject to same criticism. I mean I really don't get it. Kinda hypocritical to me because I think we all stick to one brand or another in at least 1 area of our lives. Oh well.
    03-16-10 07:52 AM
    Some people just don't like Apple so much on here that they also hate the people that do like Apple.
    03-16-10 07:55 AM
    Exactly. Everybody knows how it's going to work. It's just going to be more efficient at things a tablet would be used for, such as browsing the web, emailing, IMing, etc., than an iPod touch because of the larger screen and better battery. If you want a portable desktop experience, buy a laptop. I don't understand why people want a whole desktop OS on a tablet. They were never made for touchscreens in mind. A tablet should have an OS that was made specifically for it, not Windows 7 or Snow Leopard.
    But that's the thing, this is not meant to replace a laptop. Is it not possible that some people just want something where they can browse the web, check email, play games and read book and it not have a laptop? Why does everyone who wants to do these things need to get a laptop? Yes a laptop does a lot more, but everyone doesn't want more some people just want what this does. If a person wants more, then it would make sense for them to get a laptop, but who are we to tell people what they need?

Seriously, I just think people need to get over it and stop thinking that our needs/wants are everyone else's needs and wants. Does everyone that get the iPad need it? Probably not, but as in my other posts, most people will fit it into their live just like we fit smartphones into ours.
    03-16-10 07:56 AM
    You know, I'd buy this thing in an instant if it had Flash.

I know, I know....Steve Jobs doesn't like Flash. HTML5 is supposedly just around the corner....but it isn't here yet. Unfortunately, this is a device that has neither. So, for me, it's not worth it. Waiting for the 4G to see if that has Flash. If it doesn't I'll wait for the new BBerry devices to see if they have it. If they don't, I'll continue carrying my itty bitty little notebook.
    03-16-10 08:18 AM
    You know, I'd buy this thing in an instant if it had Flash.

I know, I know....Steve Jobs doesn't like Flash. HTML5 is supposedly just around the corner....but it isn't here yet. Unfortunately, this is a device that has neither. So, for me, it's not worth it. Waiting for the 4G to see if that has Flash. If it doesn't I'll wait for the new BBerry devices to see if they have it. If they don't, I'll continue carrying my itty bitty little notebook.
    Flash is doomed, even google has decided they are probably stepping away from flash as well now. All it took was Steve Jobs to open his mouth, and say it was buggy and slow, and now watch how the industry follows his lead. Its only a matter of time now for Adobe, and they know it.
    03-16-10 08:22 AM
    So because some consider Flash to be "doomed" it is not incorporated in a device in favor of a technology that is not fully the industry standard yet and which was not incorporated in the device.

I view of the logic behind this, I reiterate that the device is not for me. There are millions who do find a place for it.

I don't. So I'll wait.
    03-16-10 08:41 AM
    But that's the thing, this is not meant to replace a laptop. Is it not possible that some people just want something where they can browse the web, check email, play games and read book and it not have a laptop? Why does everyone who wants to do these things need to get a laptop? Yes a laptop does a lot more, but everyone doesn't want more some people just want what this does. If a person wants more, then it would make sense for them to get a laptop, but who are we to tell people what they need?
    Yes... it's called an iPhone..
    03-16-10 09:11 AM
    Yes... it's called an iPhone..
    Yeah but everyone isn't on AT&T nor want an unlocked one on tmobile. And everyone doesn't prefer to browse the web and do all those things on a 3 inch screen. Just maybe there are some people out there that want a nice size screen to browse the web and it not have to be on a laptop. Everyone isn't you. You may think an iPhone meets ALL of everyone needs, but fortunately for everyone else, they make that choice and not you.
    03-16-10 12:13 PM

Seriously, I just think people need to get over it and stop thinking that our needs/wants are everyone else's needs and wants. Does everyone that get the iPad need it? Probably not, but as in my other posts, most people will fit it into their live just like we fit smartphones into ours.
    Fact is a laptop is better at everything than the ipad is. **** a netbook is better than an ipad. Jobs wants one in everyones hand like the iPhone and iPod. Fact is, it's competing with my MacBook to go with me, with less functionality. It's competing with my MacBook at home in my bed, my iMac at my desk, and my Mini in the living room hooked up to my Bravia. Fact is it's not really much more powerful than my iPhone which does EVERYTHING you listed.

Now if I were technologically ignorant with no CPU, no smartphone i'd probably be intrigued to buy it.

03-16-10 12:24 PM
    They should make one of these GameBoy magnifiers for the iPhone:

Problem solved. Since the iPhone wouldn't need the light, they could reroute it to brighten the Apple logo on the back...
    03-16-10 01:05 PM
    Fact is a laptop is better at everything than the ipad is. **** a netbook is better than an ipad. Jobs wants one in everyones hand like the iPhone and iPod. Fact is, it's competing with my MacBook to go with me, with less functionality. It's competing with my MacBook at home in my bed, my iMac at my desk, and my Mini in the living room hooked up to my Bravia. Fact is it's not really much more powerful than my iPhone which does EVERYTHING you listed.

Now if I were technologically ignorant with no CPU, no smartphone i'd probably be intrigued to buy it.

I'm not saying they're not but ultimately, it's up to the user to decide which is better for them. They might like the browsing better on it than a netbook for whatever reason. Regardless of what we think about SOMEONE ELSES spending, they decide which device is "better". Just you one like an iPhone and another likes a Blackberry. Doesn't matter what I think is better if one of the devices in better to themselves. And that's all that matters. And by the way.... netbooks stink.
    03-16-10 01:43 PM

WHOA!!! Down boy!!! Maybe there are people out there who know what one of those there 'puters are and who got themselves one of them thar funny phones where you can surf the internets and look at the googles who just may want another piece of that funny tecchie stuff because....well....it's purty.....
    03-16-10 01:50 PM
141 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD