iPad pre-orders went live at 5:30am PT, 8:30am ET and in the 6 hours that follow, Fortune relays that Apple has moved 91,000 of the magical and revolutionary new devices. (50,000 in the first 2 hours!)
    91,000?! and on a PRE-ORDER, not even released in stores.

Sounds pretty "not a flop" to me by that trend. Sorry Apple haters, you fail yet again.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-13-10 at 10:56 AM.
    03-13-10 10:52 AM
    Oh yeah. Great. Let's move on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 10:56 AM
    You know the iPad would probably do a little better if it was ran off a better 3G network.

But AT&T users have fun when your network fails!
    03-13-10 10:58 AM
    91,000?! and on a PRE-ORDER, not even released in stores.

Sounds pretty "not a flop" to me by that trend. Sorry Apple haters, you fail yet again.
    yea i saw this coming from a mile a way, now to rub it in all the critiques face will feel all so good. i have a lot of friends that owe me money who said it wouldn't sale over 50,000 in the first week, and it did that in 2 hours literally, go check todaysiphone.com the article is there, and all the haters on crackberry i know are mad right now cause they will have to see post like this.

And then you know what their response will be oh its a toy its a fad, blah blah blah let the crying begin.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 03-13-10 at 11:01 AM.
    03-13-10 10:58 AM
    yea i saw this coming from a mile a way, now to rub it in all the critiques face will feel all so good. i have a lot of friends that owe me money who said it wouldn't sale over 50,000 in the first week, and it did that in 2 hours literally, go check todaysiphone.com the article is there, and all the haters on crackberry i know are mad right now cause they will have to see post like this.

And then you know what their response will be oh its a toy its a fad, blah blah blah let the crying begin.
    I'm so glad I am NO type of fangirl. Yes I love my mac and yes I love my bb, but seriously let the crying begin? That is a little overboard don't ya think? It is great that the iPad has already made a ton of pre sale, I personally knew that it would. It is going to be a great little gadget for people who are in graphic design or photography to have their portfolio right on hand like that.

I highly doubt people on crackberry are that upset about the iPad since half of them could give a **** less about it.
    03-13-10 11:09 AM
    You know the iPad would probably do a little better if it was ran off a better 3G network.

But AT&T users have fun when your network fails!
    Amp, it will be able to run off of any 3G network.

It'll be able to run off of VZW, or TMO, provided that they have micro SIMs.

VZW already has information on running the iPad on their network.
    03-13-10 11:19 AM
    Well thats just effin great! Now its going to bog down my network too! ****!
    03-13-10 11:20 AM
    Amp, it will be able to run off of any 3G network.

It'll be able to run off of VZW, or TMO, provided that they have micro SIMs.

VZW already has information on running the iPad on their network.
    Wouldn't that require VZW to use WCDMA 850/1900/2100?? Unless I just totally missed something, isnt there a difference between CDMA and WCDMA??
    03-13-10 11:30 AM
    Bwahahaha

Appletitus-C shall soon run rampant on a network near you!
    03-13-10 11:31 AM
    Actually, I read it wrong.

It'll run over VZW MiFi

http://www.tipb.com/2010/03/10/veriz...ata-ipad-mifi/

But it will be able to use Tmo's 3G provided they have a micro SIM.
    03-13-10 11:38 AM
    The CEO of my favorite tech company can beat up the CEO of your favorite tech company!!!
    03-13-10 11:41 AM
    The CEO of my favorite tech company can beat up the CEO of your favorite tech company!!!
    It's only a win if a mushroom print is involved
    03-13-10 11:44 AM

I agree. How many WEEKS did we have to suffer in the iphone subforum with BB fanboys saying how bad the ipad was, calling it maxipad, and starting thread after thread after thread clogging up or subforum?

Feels good to shut the naysayers up.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-13-10 at 11:54 AM.
    03-13-10 11:50 AM
    03-13-10 12:51 PM
    iPad is nice but I dont need a oversized iPod Touch. I prefer my iPhone over the iPad. Much easier to carry around
    03-13-10 12:59 PM
    The iPad is another apple product that customers will buy eye closed.

For most people it's totally useless. No-portable, do nothing More than the IPod or iPhone(exept 3G). And it don't have any Mac computer capacity.

I'll look in HP for a tablet with computer capacities running windows7. So you could do almost anything with this thing. With the ipad you're stuck with the apple app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 01:13 PM
    The iPad is another apple product that customers will buy eye closed.
    Exactly what I was thinking, I would like to know how many of those 91,000 buyers are Apple fanboy's that will buy anything as long as it has a apple on it with a bite taken from it. I think the real test for the maxipad will be is 2-3 months after it's release. Will it still be selling like mad then?
    03-13-10 01:49 PM
    iPad is nice but I dont need a oversized iPod Touch. I prefer my iPhone over the iPad. Much easier to carry around
    My thoughts exactly.
    03-13-10 02:17 PM
    Who cares, I don't need a pointless oversized iPhone when I have an iMac, MacBook and a 3GS.

I guess hardcore Apple fanatics are happy to have a meh device.
    03-13-10 02:22 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking, I would like to know how many of those 91,000 buyers are Apple fanboy's that will buy anything as long as it has a apple on it with a bite taken from it. I think the real test for the maxipad will be is 2-3 months after it's release. Will it still be selling like mad then?
    Good point, that said the iPhone is still a very hot item, and if you think about it many people who are thinking of a Kindle will at least consider the iPad since it can do so much more then just E-Books. I will say that the true test will be the first year of sales, then we should have a good idea of it's real impact on the market.
    03-13-10 02:24 PM
    Or 30 days from the day it begins to ship. If people don't start bringing them back after using them for 29 days then it will be obvious that the early adopters are happy.
    03-13-10 02:31 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking, I would like to know how many of those 91,000 buyers are Apple fanboy's that will buy anything as long as it has a apple on it with a bite taken from it.
    And how many BB fanboys keep buying the same device over and over with 1 or 2 small tweaks because theyll buy anything with a BB logo on it? It works both ways and for all products.
    03-13-10 02:40 PM
    And how many BB fanboys keep buying the same device over and over with 1 or 2 small tweaks because theyll buy anything with a BB logo on it? It works both ways and for all products.
    At least us BB fanboys realize that. Apple boys think anything that drops is the be all and end all of everything they've ever needed. Really? A big iTouch that you can get a data plan on? What was the huge difference between the 3G and 3GS? And Apple will only release a phone once a year? How many does BB release?

I get your point, it does apply to all products that are out there. I just think it applies more to Apple and it's followers. Whatever though...
    03-13-10 03:31 PM
    A big iTouch that you can get a data plan on? What was the huge difference between the 3G and 3GS? And Apple will only release a phone once a year? How many does BB release?
    3G-3GS: better processor, more RAM, better graphics chip, better camera, more storage, 7.2 HSDPA.

Which ties directly into one phone a year. Id MUCH rather buy one phone a year with a decent handful of upgrades than every few months with 1 or 2 things different.

Take the Tour for example, 6 months later its a new phone with WIFI (which there's no excuse why it was stripped to being) and a trackpad?

Look at the 8900, what was the point of that phone? Basically was a 2G 9700 until the 9700 came out a few months later. Now theres the 85xx Curve too. Its a total mess releasing that many devices which are all basically the same phone minus 1 or 2 tiny changes (which should have been there to begin with when other BB models have them at the same time).

More doesnt always mean better if one or 2 things changes between models. It almost seems RIM purposely leaves off one or 2 features to sell more phones, then adds those on a "new" phone 6 months later.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-13-10 at 03:51 PM.
    03-13-10 03:44 PM
    91,000 is only because of APPLE reputation... not because anyone actually likes it...yet. 91,000 fanboys who will buy Apple strawberries if they so decide to grown them. Let's wait six months from now to determine it's success or lack thereof.
    03-13-10 06:06 PM
141 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD