11-08-11 12:33 PM
64 123
tools
    Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Claims Siri Is A "Google Killer"

At least Google gets it.

RIM on the other hand. They probably think it will be a passing fad.....
    11-06-11 10:30 AM
    You are unable to make a post without knocking RIM are you?

You are really a very, very sad individual. I really wish that you would just stop posting trash on our site and just go away.
    Barljo and Blackberry_boffin like this.
    11-06-11 10:46 AM
    Ok furry I will......did you search me out? After all this is the Apple forum secondly I have been here before you knew what a BlackBerry was I have owned several of them. Thirdly the statement is true. Fourthly BB fanboys get off digging on Siri go look at the Gen Discussion area.
    15 Posts in 3 years......you are an active forum member aren't you?

I have an idea why don't YOU leave the apple forum?

Be happy I didn't slam this in the Gen. Discussion area.......the crapstorm would have started you seek me out so let's go.......

Have a great day......
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-06-11 at 11:21 AM.
    11-06-11 11:18 AM
    You are unable to make a post without knocking RIM are you?

You are really a very, very sad individual. I really wish that you would just stop posting trash on our site and just go away.
    You are in the Apple section. Just pointing this out...
    bigzdog and chiefbroski like this.
    11-06-11 11:18 AM
    You are in the Apple section. Just pointing this out...
    That is true but it shows up in New Posts so that it is visible toall on CrackBerry.

Accidental Post knows this very well and is clever enough to post just enough negativity to annoy most people but not to attract the attention of the Mods.

However we will get him in the end. We always do.

He cannot annoy me. I do not get annoyed, I get even.
    11-06-11 11:30 AM
    Come get me hot shot.

Once again I am being told I am clever can outwit most people on the forums. Can convince people to switch phones. I give covert classes on how to use the iPhone. Let's see I can manipulate stock. Tell people what to do. I am so flattered. What's next. I convince Kevin to buy an iPhone and start this sub forum?

You all make me laugh.

I will even tell you if you don't like what I say ignore me. Or if you are fan of me keep following me its quite humbling.

Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-06-11 at 11:36 AM.
    11-06-11 11:32 AM
    You remind me of some of the boys I went out with when I was 15. They, like you, were so immature that they could not stand any critisisms of what they thought.

You are not clever you are just weak and immature, I think.

Oh yes, I had an iPhone and it was horrible. It was slow, kept crashing and finally I went and got a BlackBerry which has been very reliable
    TrespassersW likes this.
    11-06-11 11:42 AM
    Got yourself a fan club, I see, AP. Nice. I wish I had that effect on women.

I'm no hotshot but, I will tell you this, I was here before you and I will still be here when you are gone.
    11-06-11 11:46 AM
    Interesting article, thanks. Looking forward to checking out Siri when my dad gets his iP4s. I think he will find it super handy.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-06-11 11:47 AM
    Really? How is 2009 before 2008? Do you have a time machine?
    11-06-11 11:48 AM
    Yeah chrisy when Eric acknowledges something like that it seems that the Android folks will have a task ahead of them. It will only push Apple to do more with Siri and Android to come up with something. I know they will and really look forward to what they can come up with. Win win for both devices.
    11-06-11 11:50 AM
    Competition and innovation are definitely a good thing for us as consumers. Just makes the engineers work harder I think!

I'm really interested to see how well Siri works for travel. Like finding directions and hotels.
    11-06-11 11:52 AM
    I used it Friday was pretty nice.
    11-06-11 11:53 AM
    And I was just informed I have been threatened by an Ex-Mod.

AWESOME!
    11-06-11 11:54 AM
    Interesting article, thanks. Looking forward to checking out Siri when my dad gets his iP4s. I think he will find it super handy.
    chrisy, i've had my 4S since Friday, and have called on my new "personal assistant" on a few occasions and i'm very impressed on how well Siri delivers

It comes especially in handy for me for when one of my kids txs me(while driving), i know i don't have to pull over now, go to the tx blah blah blah....i can hold the home button and ask for my msg to be read, and then reply as well !! i LOVE this feature on the 4S
    moiselles likes this.
    11-06-11 12:04 PM
    Competition and innovation are definitely a good thing for us as consumers. Just makes the engineers work harder I think!

I'm really interested to see how well Siri works for travel. Like finding directions and hotels.
    Siri works great for directions/hotels. The one thing I'm waiting for it to incorporate is flight data and information

Say Kayak integration: being able to check flights and reserve would be excellent; even better to check statuses of flights in air and/or landed.

I think about a month ago there was a thread on whether RIM should invest in Siri-like technology for their phones.

My main point against it is not that RIM should dismiss it (we all saw how well that worked out for full-touch screen devices), but rather they don't have the resources nor consumer/stockholder confidence to take risks like that right now. Essentially, they need to concentrate on brining BBX up to speed with features American consumers are looking for in a phone and raise confidence back up: fix the basic issues then explore other issues. In addition, it be more interesting to see innovation rather than just copy/paste of a feature.

Anyway, if Google pushes R&D into this technology for Android, as said earlier, competition is a wonderful thing.
    11-06-11 12:42 PM
    Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Claims Siri Is A "Google Killer"

At least Google gets it.

Eric Schmidts comments probably had more to do with who he was testifying to when he said them.
    Google killer? Not quite.
    Has Apple raised the stakes in the search game? Yep.
    Currently, a very large proportion of googles mobile searches come from ios devices.
    Siri cuts google out. And, as it gain greater integration with other databases, it will cut out google even more.

RIM?
    As someone else mentioned, they have a lot on their plate already.
    A virtual personal assistant DOES seem tailor made to be marketed to enterprise clients though.
    11-06-11 01:34 PM
    That is true but it shows up in New Posts so that it is visible toall on CrackBerry.

Accidental Post knows this very well and is clever enough to post just enough negativity to annoy most people but not to attract the attention of the Mods.

However we will get him in the end. We always do.

He cannot annoy me. I do not get annoyed, I get even.
    See this sounds like a threat...

Why don't you guys just put him on ignore? It really works well.
    Accidental Post likes this.
    11-06-11 03:43 PM

At least Google gets it.

I think it has limited appeal. As in everything tech, a number of people think it's cool and a few find some use. In an office environment this type of interaction doesn't fly as it is disturbing. So out of my day 10 hours are gone.

Plus the SIRI servers have to be up.

Besides I already have a personal assistant...
    11-06-11 04:06 PM
    Google is really going to suffer now aren't they.
    11-06-11 05:04 PM

At least Google gets it.

Rim does get it, they just offered free Vlingo Premium app to all blackberry owners and Eric S is still rocking a blackberry, he's been caught with one many times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 06:25 PM
    This thread is about Siri, right?
    Anybody remember the "Newton" era? I thought it was a creation of Scully, the PDA - Personal Digital Assistant.
    It was a brick size but I thought it was a cool device.
    Then, Steve Jobs returned and one of the first things he did was to kill Newton. But I believe the idea of PDA never died and remained in the DNA of Apple. Jobs was always mumbling about PDA type idea. When Palm Pilot was raging, there was an urge for Apple to come up with something to compete with Palm. For whatever reason, it did not move Jobs. Instead, RIM took the Palm concept further and succeeded.
    For Jobs, or Apple, it seemed the phone itself never attracted him or them.
    It seemed that the radio communication was just a part of the PDA idea. When iPod, a music player, the maturity of internet and all other elements for PDA started converging, Apple must have started working on iPhone. Siri is a typical PDA idea. To firms like RIM, device was always a communication equipment, and internet and music players etc. are just add-ons.
    For Apple, it's a PDA that has phone/emailing capability.
    When I thought about the past of Apple, and their long time resistance to a Palm-like device, it now makes sense (to me at least) that the iPhone is not really a phone, but a PDA.
    11-06-11 07:00 PM
    RIM doesn't do search so why would they care.

Just saw a SIRI commercial, no mention of it being Beta. I should create a thread titled 'Apple should be sued for false advertising!'
    11-06-11 08:15 PM

Me too. My husband and I are going out of town for a few days this week, so I plan on using Siri to help find things of interest!
    11-06-11 09:10 PM
    Haha y'all are mad he's posting the truth?
    11-07-11 01:12 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD