Interesting. With Siri and iMessage Apple has for the first time launched itself into the 24/7 server uptime zone that RIM pioneered with the innovation of BIS. It will be instructive to see how they cope.
    11-07-11 03:49 AM
    Siri has already been down many times and it's not even available many countries. So I guess they aren't coping very well. They will need to work on that. Once it goes worldwide there will be a lot more people upset if it's down. It's not big of a deal yet. But once everyone has most of their stuff in the cloud and are dependent on it their servers must not fail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 04:02 AM
    ^ It's been down "many" times? Proof, please. It was down for half a day last week. That was it.

Again, Siri is Beta and it will go to other countries. It's still a great feature and I have really enjoyed it!
    11-07-11 05:17 AM
    Hasn't Siri been our for, what, a month? I'd tend to be more forgiving of that then BlackBerry backup servers not working. BlackBerry has had way more time to get it functioning properly. Years even.

I do wonder though about Apple's iCloud and Siri crashing in the future. It will make a lot of folks upset if it happens, like the BB outages. Only time will tell.

Didn't gmail even go down once?
    11-07-11 05:22 AM
    See this sounds like a threat...

Why don't you guys just put him on ignore? It really works well.
    Because deep down, they love AP. :-)

Accidental Post likes this.
    11-07-11 05:54 AM
    The problem with your posts is that you always take a shot at RIM. You could have just said that Google sees a threat from SIRI but you could not stop there.

That is why you are pissing-off the BlackBerry users on this site.

so in return here are a couple of nice things about your beloved apple. Not from me but the media:

About how nice your company is. Do you hear about suicide from RIM component manufacturers? By the way, Apple is not passing that cost savings to consumers, the phone carriers are paying way more for the apple device than for a RIM device and then selling it for less in a complete distortion of the free market.
    The Darker Side of Apple: The Human Cost of Your iProducts | Daily Ticker - Yahoo! Finance

I saw and ignored your lies about the problem being fixed because you did not attack RIM on that post. Interesting that they won't have a confirmed fix until after the 30 return policy expires. Nice. Lock in the upgrade to iP5 at the client expense.
    Tech Today: Apple Admits to Battery Problem, Tests OS - Digits - WSJ

Here is another article on your Siri by Bloomberg and the Economist magazine says its more of a gimmick.
    Apple's Siri Speech-Recognition Software - Video - Bloomberg

So, how do you like not having a buy button on your Audible.com app (and knowing you never will again because apple is trying to cajole people into buying from iBooks and making it harder for them to choose) on your iPad? How about the Kindle? You like that fanboy? How about Google Books? How about... you get the point.

Antenna gate, now 4S problems with battery that can't get you through the day, apple literally allowing component manufacturers to work their people to death (how proud they must be for their 70 billion in blood money) and depriving customers of key functionality on competitor apps. At least RIM eventually gets the apps and they work.

Here is the bottom line fanboy. I don't care if you want to spread your damned lies to your apple fan base but if you dump on RIM don't be surprised if we call you on it. This may be an Apple thread but it is in a BlackBerry website.

We get it. You hate RIM, we don't. We love our products and don't need your hate comments. If you want to post your praising comments on apple that is no problem at all. Some of us have both products and I think it is a good link to have for several reasons.

Fact is that I don't hate apple, although I question some of their practices, they have made huge contributions to the mobile space. I have said that Siri has huge potential and would not support delaying it until they get the bugs out because that is how you get the bugs out and I've said that on previous posts. But I absolutely don't care for your dump on RIM posts.

Lets make a deal. If you stop posting comments that don't add any value and just remind everyone of how much you hate RIM we will just not go off on you for it and you can go on and support apple all you want.

Isn't that fair? Why do you keep knocking on our BlackBerry devices? As you can see from the above, no one has a perfect record or clean slate.

If you like the device you have it is the right one for you. Lets just cut this attack stuff out. What do you say?
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-07-11 at 06:34 AM.
    11-07-11 06:24 AM
    November 3rd https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=90&tstart=0 (although looks like it could be the phone causing the problems)

November 5th iPhone 4S Siri outage: Have you lost connection? � Phone Reviews (could be talking about days prior but not very likely, the comments are from that day)

October 17th http://www.tipb.com/2011/10/17/siri/

There are a few from a quick search.

Yes it's in beta and problems are to be expected. Take off the Apple tinted glasses and see the light. Apple does make mistakes and there have been a few with Siri so far.

Last edited by eKafara; 11-07-11 at 06:47 AM.
    RetroAndreas likes this.
    11-07-11 06:43 AM
    Hasn't Siri been our for, what, a month? I'd tend to be more forgiving of that then BlackBerry backup servers not working. BlackBerry has had way more time to get it functioning properly. Years even.

I do wonder though about Apple's iCloud and Siri crashing in the future. It will make a lot of folks upset if it happens, like the BB outages. Only time will tell.

Didn't gmail even go down once?
    Yeah, gmail went down, which shows you that even Google with their billions of dollars in worldwide servers still can get issues.

Hopefully some of the strain on Apple's servers will be relieved with their new facility in North Carolina, but they have to expect issues short and long term; the key being uptime percentage and quick fix if it does go down. People are more forgiving when you can't access the cloud for a few hours versus a few days.
    11-07-11 09:25 AM
    Speaking of damned lies....

About how nice your company is. Do you hear about suicide from RIM component manufacturers? By the way, Apple is not passing that cost savings to consumers, the phone carriers are paying way more for the apple device than for a RIM device and then selling it for less in a complete distortion of the free market.
    The Darker Side of Apple: The Human Cost of Your iProducts | Daily Ticker - Yahoo! Finance
    A few things here. First, if you read the article, you'd realize that Foxconn isn't owned by Apple nor do they make Apple products specifically. "Foxconn is the world's largest electronic manufacturer making product for Hewlett-Packard, Nokia and Apple's iPad" is the quote from the article. So why not blame HP and Nokia as well? In fact, some of the manufacturers that Apple contracts out make tech products for all the tech giants; apparently, though that doesn't matter and it's the company with the largest market cap's fault.

Second, Apple is a corporation looking to maximize profits like everyone else. They contract out to China because its cheaper. Want to be mad? Be mad at China's worker protection laws and the companies for treating their employees like they do, not at the buyer of their products.

Third, you're telling me that Apple charges more for their products to carriers AND dictates it be sold for less, thereby trying to maximize their market share and profits? Madness I tell you, madness. I think you might want to look up again what constitutes the free market.

I saw and ignored your lies about the problem being fixed because you did not attack RIM on that post. Interesting that they won't have a confirmed fix until after the 30 return policy expires. Nice. Lock in the upgrade to iP5 at the client expense.
    Tech Today: Apple Admits to Battery Problem, Tests OS - Digits - WSJ
    Yes, you got Apple: it's all some huge conspiracy to keep you locked in with your phone because they aren't providing a fix in what you define a timely manner. We'll ignore the fact that they acknowledged and are addressing the issue (releasing 2 beta versions to developers to test the fix already). We'll also ignore the fact that if you aren't happy, you can return the phone and wait until the fix if that makes you feel better. But apparently common sense isn't the first thought, is it...

Here is another article on your Siri by Bloomberg and the Economist magazine says its more of a gimmick.
    Apple's Siri Speech-Recognition Software - Video - Bloomberg
    And you can find a bunch of articles that Siri is the next big thing in the tech world from other magazines. What's your point? My thing is this: it's in beta right now and remains to be seen at how successful it is in the market.

So, how do you like not having a buy button on your Audible.com app (and knowing you never will again because apple is trying to cajole people into buying from iBooks and making it harder for them to choose) on your iPad? How about the Kindle? You like that fanboy? How about Google Books? How about... you get the point.
    Again, you're telling me a company wants to maximize profits by eliminating competition on their device? Here's a novel idea: if you use Audible or Amazon Kindle for your books and that a phone supporting these formats is important to you, then purchase a phone that meets this criteria. Crazy, right?

Antenna gate, now 4S problems with battery that can't get you through the day, apple literally allowing component manufacturers to work their people to death (how proud they must be for their 70 billion in blood money) and depriving customers of key functionality on competitor apps. At least RIM eventually gets the apps and they work.
    Personally, my battery has been perfect; no issues. I also think the antenna issues as before alongside battery issues are localized to some phones yet blown out of proportion by the media; just my thoughts though. Also, the battery issue is with iOS5, not iPhone 4S. Hence why a software update is being used to tweak the battery instead of a recall.

In terms of "working their people to death," see my comment above about how Apple doesn't own these companies nor have any control over how these companies are run. Kinda like the free market thing here: company A produces X for $Y, Apple buys it because because company B charges more. Maximizing profits: every corporation does it.

Also again in terms of competitor apps, you don't like it, don't buy it. Apple wants to make money and they like controlling everything from start to finish. Buy a different phone if you don't like it; that's why we have a free market with many choices for phones.

Here is the bottom line fanboy. I don't care if you want to spread your damned lies to your apple fan base but if you dump on RIM don't be surprised if we call you on it. This may be an Apple thread but it is in a BlackBerry website.
    See, I actually care if people spread mis-information on any account and will call anybody out on it, fanboyism be damned; hence why your post still has glaring issues in it.

The one thing I can agree on is that Accidental Post does have a tendency to display his preference for phones, no more than some other posters on this site do. It just presents itself as problematic because this is a BlackBerry site and AP enjoys using iOS/iPhone. So again, the best course of action in my opinion is to either fight it or deal with it, maintaining though a good debate with factual information on both sides if one decides to clash. Because mis-information hurts regardless of which OS you use.
    Accidental Post likes this.
    11-07-11 09:43 AM
    I actually go after folks who spread misinformation after all, misinformation is worse than no information at all.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-07-11 at 10:00 AM.
    Chrisy and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    11-07-11 09:56 AM
    Put AP on ignore and be done with it. You guys look foolish for complaining about someone you easily can ignore and be done with.
    Chrisy and Accidental Post like this.
    11-07-11 10:41 AM
    I actually go after folks who spread misinformation after all, misinformation is worse than no information at all.
    Agreed. Barely anything on this forum is accurate anymore. Now we have fanboys from other platforms coming (specifically making accounts to troll) in and making things up. We have BB users who have no clue what they are talking about as well. Then we have the people who have never even touched other platforms saying they have, when they really haven't and that is the biggest form of misinformation being spread on this site.

**** we have people here who still think BBs are the only devices capable of push email!

Oh well I guess.
    Chrisy and howarmat like this.
    11-07-11 10:44 AM
    Funny all I have ever asked him to do us show me my lies about Rim. And yet I sit patiently waiting.

So basically what is being said when I don't say anything about RIM he doesn't read what I post but if I mention RIM he reads and follows me. That's creepy.

But like Tedzone said I think they love me......
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-07-11 at 11:58 AM.
    11-07-11 11:53 AM
    And now he says and admits Siri IS a beta dude flip flops more than a politician....:roll eyes: And says it has great potential......

Even in your own post above you BASH Siri by linking to a blog..laughable since you have never used it and then later you say it has potential. Which on is it? Bash it or leave it be?
    And since he continues to be condenscending to me I will continue to point out his misinformation....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...one-4s-667923/

At the very least I have had BlackBerries going back to my 77xx series.........
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-07-11 at 12:13 PM.
    11-07-11 12:08 PM
    You know whats funny. The Google former CEO stated that Apple has the potential of hurting Google (with Siri) in an ANTITRUST investigation. While SIRI does well overall, it will not come close to replacing google searching any time soon. That being said, of course he will say Siri poses a threat, it helps his case lol
    11-07-11 12:13 PM
    That is true Eric is using Siri to deflect the attention off Googles issues. Although Siri will probably hurt ad revenues a little. But give it time to see what effect it has. It will be interesting to watch.
    11-07-11 12:18 PM
    Agreed. Barely anything on this forum is accurate anymore. Now we have fanboys from other platforms coming (specifically making accounts to troll) in and making things up. We have BB users who have no clue what they are talking about as well. Then we have the people who have never even touched other platforms saying they have, when they really haven't and that is the biggest form of misinformation being spread on this site.

**** we have people here who still think BBs are the only devices capable of push email!

Oh well I guess.
    But as you well know it, in certain circumstances only BB has it.

11-07-11 12:26 PM
    Can't that statement be said about everything?

Certain circumstances........

I mean the iPhone beats the BB under certain circumstances...like when there is an Outage.........

I can twist that statement all day long.......actually anyone can.......
    11-07-11 12:36 PM
    Can't that statement be said about everything?

Certain circumstances........

I mean the iPhone beats the BB under certain circumstances...like when there is an Outage.........

I can twist that statement all day long.......actually anyone can.......
    BB has push email for any email account in the world, the rest no, no other platform can claim that.

11-07-11 12:38 PM
    Yep and the best security and and a physical keyboard. I have never said it doesn't.

And that's all BB has everyone else has caught a up and passed them.
    11-07-11 12:51 PM
    Yep and the best security and and a physical keyboard. I have never said it doesn't.

And that's all BB has everyone else has caught a up and passed them.
    But that's what's important to most of us BB users, can't you get that? That's where we don't compromise.

11-07-11 12:58 PM
    Oh I get it. What I don't get is if you are happy with your BB fine. I am happy with my iPhone. I have had both but most of the people get off bashing something they have never owned.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-07-11 at 02:05 PM.
    11-07-11 01:47 PM
    I bash all 3. ive also owned all 3. maybe not the latest but i have used all 3 platforms as my main device for an extended period of time.
    11-07-11 02:14 PM
    RIM gave BB'ers Vlingo Plus for free and it's good.

I haven't tried Siri but I don't care to either. So far, every feature I need I get with BlackBerry.

iPhony still su*ks
    11-07-11 06:26 PM
    RIM gave BB'ers Vlingo Plus for free and it's good.

I haven't tried Siri but I don't care to either. So far, every feature I need I get with BlackBerry.

iPhony still su*ks
    You're entitled to your opinion but you're delusional if you say the iPhone sucks. Specs alone it's one of the best phones on the market. It may not be a device for you but it certainly doesn't "suck" and it didn't have 4 million preorders in 3 days because it "sucks" and it didn't sell out in Hong Kong in 10 minutes because it "sucks".

You BlackBerry guys say us iPhone users are "kids with toys" but saying something that clearly is a great device "sucks" seems pretty childish to me.

I like BlackBerry, but RIM only wishes they had these types of numbers from one single device launch.
    11-08-11 06:20 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD