CNN just showed the pics on TV.
    04-20-10 07:16 AM
    At this point, the only thing miss is the LED status light. How hard can that be to incorporate?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 07:42 AM
    Nooooo I'm so happy my iPhone is free of that obnoxious LED. I mean I know I could cut it off on my Blackberry but I sure am happy its not an option on the iPhone. Let everyone else use the LED keep it off my iPhone.

04-20-10 07:53 AM
    Nooooo I'm so happy my iPhone is free of that obnoxious LED. I mean I know I could cut it off on my Blackberry but I sure am happy its not an option on the iPhone. Let everyone else use the LED keep it off my iPhone.

if the led was an option you know that means you wouldn't be forced to use it, right? i would think more people than not would at least like the option for it. apple is probably holding that 'upgrade' for the 5g iphone anyway. lol
    04-20-10 10:41 AM
    I went into a Telus Mobility store today and one of the reps told me to hold off on making any decisions on leaving my Storm to go to the 3gs....apparently the 4G will be released to the Telus network before any of the "other" Canadian providers get it and that should be in the second week of June. But what do dealers really know right?
    04-20-10 11:12 AM
    Ok here is my beef with this whole thing. I do think it is real but I also think that it was leaked on purpose. Free publicity like this is amazing for Apple. Granted they usually keep a tight wrap on things like this. But lets think about a few things first.

1. If Apple has a tight wrap on this stuff then how/why was it out of the Apple Headquarters.
    2. Doesn't it seem kind of weird that the guy from Gizmodo just happened to be at the same bar as the guy who lost it?
    3. Isn't Apple in California and Gizmodo in NY?

Just some thoughts.
    04-20-10 11:47 AM
    ^^
    Apple has a corporate office in Midtown Manhattan
    04-20-10 11:53 AM
    If it has a micro-sim card, it would be useless to unlock it then since no other carriers use micro-sim cards, am I right?
    I've heard a lot of people voice concern over the micro sim card.
    Can't someone just come out with an adaptor, as they have for SD cards?

Micro SD to SD = Micro Sim to Sim.
    Is this possible?
    Does anyone know?
    04-20-10 12:03 PM
    For $5.00 you can buy an adaptor that let's you use the same sim in an iPhone and in an ipad.

MicroSim Adapter 3FF mini-UICC Shop
    04-20-10 12:11 PM
    That's the first thing I thought too, but Apple doesn't have leaks and certainly not big ones like this one. This has to be, if not the very first one this size, the first one this big in a while and if you were Apple would you send a message to everyone that saw what happened saying; "Well, its ok because it brought us some free PR" or "This better never happen again"?
    The only thing that could have made this leak better is if the iPhone was shown to be running on a CDMA network. If that had happened, Apple would be sitting back laughing this morning and counting all the billions of dollars they'll be making this summer when they sold the unit. Imagine how much of a blow it would have been to current handsets set to release this month and next if we all knew a CDMA/GSM capable iPhone is coming in June/July. Every Tom **** and Jane out there slated to have picked up an Android touchscreen would be waiting for this instead, causing those other manufacturers to lose prospected sales. It truly would have been an amazing feat for something as simple as a leak.
    04-20-10 12:28 PM
    The only thing that could have made this leak better is if the iPhone was shown to be running on a CDMA network. If that had happened, Apple would be sitting back laughing this morning and counting all the billions of dollars they'll be making this summer when they sold the unit. Imagine how much of a blow it would have been to current handsets set to release this month and next if we all knew a CDMA/GSM capable iPhone is coming in June/July. Every Tom **** and Jane out there slated to have picked up an Android touchscreen would be waiting for this instead, causing those other manufacturers to lose prospected sales. It truly would have been an amazing feat for something as simple as a leak.
    Agreed that would have been a severe blow to cdma phone manufacturers
    04-20-10 12:36 PM
    Thats what I said! All these rumors about it coming to CDMA can't be just for nothing, and the fact that you can take the battery out makes me really wonder if they did that for the battery only or truly because the CDMA version will need it to work that way. A lot of phone manufacturers are making their phones both, GSM and CDMA compatible now a days, and I'm loving it. The Nexus one, the Slider BB, apparently the Samsung Galaxy S (Which looks insane), etc... WHY NOT THE iPHONE?

*On a side note... as soon as they announce that Verizon is getting the iPhone look at that AT&T stock drop to the floor. LOL
    04-20-10 12:41 PM
    iPhone is too popular. A Verizon iPhone would kill off the Incredible and EVO's potential sales.

CEO's of other companies would pay the military to take out Steve Jobs and Apple Inc. It would be war.
    04-20-10 12:44 PM
    ^^
    Apple has a corporate office in Midtown Manhattan
    This may be true but the Iphone was found at a bar in Redwood City, CA so that doesn't explain how it got to NY
    04-20-10 01:13 PM
    That's a great point. Because it would be more people in addition to many of
    those that are on CDMA carriers holding out and praying that the iPhone is
    coming to their carrier. I know four people, two on VZW and two on Sprint
    who won't upgrade from their 8330's, yes all four of them have 8330's,
    because they're seriously holding out for this thing.

So yeah, just imagine had that thing been shown running on a CDMA carrier.
    Google would have taken a shot to the nuts.
    04-20-10 01:27 PM
    *On a side note... as soon as they announce that Verizon is getting the iPhone look at that AT&T stock drop to the floor. LOL
    And bandwith increasing
    04-20-10 01:27 PM
    Even when the Verizon iPhone comes, I'm still not gonna get it because I really like my Droid. The hacking makes almost anything possible on it. I like the iPhone almost as much as I like Android.

Droid for now until my next upgrade when I'll either get another Android phone or iPhone.
    04-20-10 01:54 PM
    you would think by now people would stop falling victim to the rumor of a verizon model. every conference apple announces its supposedly for the iphone, **** for the ipad they were so convinced "verizon was having a meeting with it's employees that day" only to have nothing come out of it then get slapped in the face when at&t was yet again the provider for 3g on the ipad. Will the iphone come to verizon? absolutely but I doubt it will be this year
    04-20-10 05:45 PM
    you would think by now people would stop falling victim to the rumor of a verizon model. every conference apple announces its supposedly for the iphone, **** for the ipad they were so convinced "verizon was having a meeting with it's employees that day" only to have nothing come out of it then get slapped in the face when at&t was yet again the provider for 3g on the ipad. Will the iphone come to verizon? absolutely but I doubt it will be this year
    I don't. Specifically because RELIABLE media like WSJ and CNN covered it. And supposedly, Apple has hired a few CDMA developers.
    04-20-10 05:48 PM
    I wonder if we would see this in Canada, with the big three all having the iPhone on HSPA and even SaskTel expects to be carrying it when their HSPA network is up.
    04-20-10 05:57 PM
    I wonder if we would see this in Canada, with the big three all having the iPhone on HSPA and even SaskTel expects to be carrying it when their HSPA network is up.
    Definitely.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 04-20-10 at 06:27 PM.
    04-20-10 06:16 PM
    I don't. Specifically because RELIABLE media like WSJ and CNN covered it. And supposedly, Apple has hired a few CDMA developers.
    you do know the rumor about hiring cdma devs has been since 08 and multiple "reliable" news sources have said the same thing before due to inside information. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if there is no announcement in June. Chances are they will hold a seperate conference for multiple carrier announcements
    04-20-10 06:17 PM
    you do know the rumor about hiring cdma devs has been since 08 and multiple "reliable" news sources have said the same thing before due to inside information. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if there is no announcement in June. Chances are they will hold a seperate conference for multiple carrier announcements
    Just gotta wait and see. I know that there will be a Verizon iPhone this year but IDK when exactly. I just...know...

And btw, I'm probably not gonna get one. Too in love with my Droid.
    04-20-10 06:25 PM
    Just gotta wait and see. I know that there will be a Verizon iPhone this year but IDK when exactly. I just...know...

And btw, I'm probably not gonna get one. Too in love with my Droid.
    I'm happy either way, already on at&t and already getting the new handset. Just feel bad for everyone holding out each year with nothing more than rumors and speculations fueled by the media.
    04-20-10 06:35 PM
    I'm happy either way, already on at&t and already getting the new handset. Just feel bad for everyone holding out each year with nothing more than rumors and speculations fueled by the media.
    I know people that have been waiting since the original one was announced.
    04-20-10 08:35 PM
116 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD