Question: If this is the actual new iPhone, wouldn't the metal bezel around the
    phone be a problem signal wise? For cellular or WiFi?
    04-20-10 07:40 PM
    ^^no because those components transfer through the backing of the device
    04-20-10 08:08 PM
    Here are some pics and specs:
    (hopefully not posted yet)

04-20-10 11:03 PM
    ^^no because those components transfer through the backing of the device
    Ahhh so that must be why they went away with the aluminum back
    04-21-10 02:02 AM
    http://www.tipb.com/2010/04/20/iphon...e-4g-teardown/

"Before giving the iPhone HD/iPhone 4G back to Apple, Gizmodo have done a tear-down and provided plenty of pictures of what they�ve found inside, including 50% of the space being taken up by the battery (which is not user-removable), and a drastically smaller, metal cased logic board. (Not to mention screws aplenty)."

From Rene at TiPb
    04-21-10 07:33 AM
    When do you guys think this phone will come out?
    04-21-10 09:13 AM
    http://www.tipb.com/2010/04/20/iphon...e-4g-teardown/

"Before giving the iPhone HD/iPhone 4G back to Apple, Gizmodo have done a tear-down and provided plenty of pictures of what they’ve found inside, including 50% of the space being taken up by the battery (which is not user-removable), and a drastically smaller, metal cased logic board. (Not to mention screws aplenty)."

From Rene at TiPb
    I personally dont care if its user-replaceable if its a significantly bigger battery.

From what we know:

"The battery is 5.25 WHr at 3.7V, compared to the 3GS battery, which is 4.51 WHr at 3.7V." So the battery is 15% bigger. The 3GS is 1219mah, so 15% bigger would put it right about 1400mah.

Now to even further substantiate that number if %s arent a direct correlation between WHr and mah, the formula to convert WHr to mah is:

WHr/Volts = (Amp-Hr)
    (amp-Hr) x 1000 (milli-amp/amp)= mah

So 5.25/3.7= 1.4189189 Amp-Hr
    1.4189189*1000= 1419mah

So were probably looking at 1400-1420mah, should be quite a decent increase in battery life. Put talk time right about 6 hours instead of 5 on the 3GS if no other battery saving tech is used.

Plus, the way the battery is configured (you can get at it since the back comes off not the screen like the 3GS when you open it) means you could probably more easily replace the battery yourself in the 4th gen with minimal risk and tools. You dont have to take the guts out of it like the 3GS to get to the battery all the way behind it all.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-21-10 at 09:37 AM.
    04-21-10 09:33 AM
    I've been wondering about battery life on the new one.

A bigger battery may not mean better battery life. If a higher res screen, multitasking, and who knows what else suck up more power, it may be the same as the 3GS.

If they've made software, hardware and design changes trying to increase battery life, then it will be better.

I like to think better battery life was one of their goals this time around.
    Reason being, battery life is one of the biggest, most common criticisms leveled at the iPhone. Why wouldn't they want to silence that?
    04-21-10 11:45 AM
    Even if it's the same battery life as my current iPhone, I'll be happy.

A removable battery has never really been on my radar. I'm sure if they sold
    replacement batteries they'd retail those suckers at eighty bucks or something.
    04-21-10 12:38 PM
    Ahhh so that must be why they went away with the aluminum back
    yeah i believe so. too bad, because i liked the aluminum look of the 1st gen

hoping this leak is the real deal because im liking the aluminum touch all the way around the phone....and doing away with the tacky bezel.
    04-21-10 03:18 PM
    Even if it's the same battery life as my current iPhone, I'll be happy.

A removable battery has never really been on my radar. I'm sure if they sold
    replacement batteries they'd retail those suckers at eighty bucks or something.
    agreed

my MBP battery just cost me $129 plus tax
    04-21-10 03:19 PM
    Yeah that's by far the best back cover of them all. Too bad it causes so many
    problems though
    04-21-10 04:02 PM
    The only thing I'm not liking is that the screen is smaller. Any touchscreen smaller than 3.5 inches is kind of a disappointment now. :/
    04-21-10 08:05 PM
    agreed

my MBP battery just cost me $129 plus tax

hoping this leak is the real deal because im liking the aluminum touch all the way around the phone....and doing away with the tacky bezel.

I'm feeling it too. I really hope it is more than a prototype.
    04-21-10 08:48 PM
    I like the look of this iPhone too but it would be awesome if they made the screen at least 3.7 inches. 4 inches would have been amazing.

Screen size is a huge factor for me so IDK yet. Hopefully the specs aren't official.
    04-21-10 09:03 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Giz should have popped the cages on the mobo? The cages don't look like they're soldered in place. They are compression snapped in place and the pin-dimples on the sides of each tab is what holds it in place attached to the other side off the cage. Why didn't they bother to pop the tops of the cages off and then put them back on? From the looks of it, they are made to do that...

BTW, I can say without a doubt that out of ALL hardware manufacturers from laptops to PCs to smartphones, Apple has the most efficient mobo designs I've ever seen. They can fit the most components on the least amount of board as possible. THIS is why they can make such sleek devices that still have amazing specs.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 04-21-10 at 11:08 PM.
    04-21-10 11:05 PM
    A doctor at my work today was discussing with me the Iphone for verizon. He said he has a patient that works in verizon and they were coming out with it end of summer. Take it for what its worth
    04-22-10 12:47 PM
    So, what are the actual chances of somebody with a 4th gen iphone "dropping" it in a public place...was this just some sort of awesome free promotional/marketing tactic?
    04-26-10 11:19 AM
    Im in a huge dilema. I love the round edges, had the leaked photos of the new iphone. What does everything think its going to have? Ill get the iphone now and not wait if its going to have sharpe edges as apposed to the round edges the iphone has now.Ugh.
    05-01-10 10:56 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Giz should have popped the cages on the mobo? The cages don't look like they're soldered in place. They are compression snapped in place and the pin-dimples on the sides of each tab is what holds it in place attached to the other side off the cage. Why didn't they bother to pop the tops of the cages off and then put them back on? From the looks of it, they are made to do that...

BTW, I can say without a doubt that out of ALL hardware manufacturers from laptops to PCs to smartphones, Apple has the most efficient mobo designs I've ever seen. They can fit the most components on the least amount of board as possible. THIS is why they can make such sleek devices that still have amazing specs.
    Hey , i agree but someone was saying that on apple prototypes they have some sort of chemical built in to where if the coverings are removed it breaks something under it and dose something to all the stuff in side , not very descriptive i know lol but sounds like it could be true .
    05-02-10 01:42 PM
    How do people know that the 4G will come out in June... is it just speculation?
    05-03-10 10:44 PM
    Tradition.
    05-03-10 11:15 PM
    it isn't fake
    and i personally can't wait till the new iphone comes out

How do people know that the 4G will come out in June... is it just speculation?
    and it isn't coming out in june, the apple event is supposedly in june
    they just said that apple booked it on that date
    they will release the date for the 4g
    Last edited by bbboy1; 05-19-10 at 08:46 PM.
    05-19-10 08:44 PM
    it isn't fake
    and i personally can't wait till the new iphone comes out

and it isn't coming out in june, the apple event is supposedly in june
    they just said that apple booked it on that date
    they will release the date for the 4g
    The release cycle also says July .... all previous versions are July release dates. Yes though, Apple is suppose to talk about the phone in June.
    05-20-10 01:46 PM
    The release cycle also says July .... all previous versions are July release dates. Yes though, Apple is suppose to talk about the phone in June.
    no no thats incorrect. The 3GS was released released on June 19th and announced June 8th
    05-20-10 04:02 PM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD