For everyone who said its a fake or photoshopped, I didnt know you could make a video with a "photoshopped pic" in your hand

And all of the internals are Apple parts. I HIGHLY doubt Chinese/Japanese knockoffs use Apple labeled parts.

AND there was a report of a prototype being reported lost.

The "test" phone was also remotely disabled by Apple.

Its the real deal, maybe not the final release housing, but real deal. I have doubts thats the final housing theyll use, its probably just a tester housing to mask the real deal or to save $$. I doubt theyd release it with seams in the metal sides.

Some things that look for sure: thinner, higher res screen, camera flash, front facing camera, 15% bigger battery (approx 1400mah by the math since the 3GS is 1219mah)
    Still rumored but strong evidence: 1ghz a$ processor like iPad, higher res back camera (probably a given its upped in megapixels)
    How can it be thinner with a 1400 mah battery? I think it would be thicker if anything. The iPhone is already thin as is. Anything thinner than that would make me wanna split it in half. Just look at the freakin iPod touch. No wonder I use cases on my phones because well...I like some thickness.
    04-19-10 07:05 PM
    How can it be thinner with a 1400 mah battery? I think it would be thicker if anything. The iPhone is already thin as is. Anything thinner than that would make me wanna split it in half. Just look at the freakin iPod touch. No wonder I use cases on my phones because well...I like some thickness.
    Look at the side by side pics its clearly slightly thinner, were only talking 1mm or so. Apparently they crammed the internals and miniaturized them somehow to accommodate the battery and thinner case.

More mah doesnt necessarily mean a much larger physical battery either.
    04-19-10 07:30 PM
    TO WHOEVER TITLED THIS THREAD:

Nobody tells me where to discuss the new iPhone!

LOL
    04-19-10 08:41 PM
    TO WHOEVER TITLED THIS THREAD:

Nobody tells me where to discuss the new iPhone!

LOL
    It's their way of saying politely we don't want you talking about the iphone 4g on crackberry.com so we'll make it a pain for you to lol

But tt really makes no sense because there are many different discussions/questions about the iphone 4g that would need its own thread to be effectively discussed. Throwing every single thing related to it in this thread is only going to cause confusion.
    04-19-10 09:48 PM
    When is this smokin' iphone 4G supposed to be released ?
    04-19-10 09:57 PM
    The mods are the biggest Fanboys I saw this one coming. Today Reed McClay changed the Title to my thread because I titled it "Mike Lazaridis Talking About data Consumption Again!" I guess that wasn't the crackberry way to do things lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 09:57 PM
    << An iPhone user changed it. Several threads on the same thing. Not necessary.
    04-19-10 10:38 PM
    The mods are the biggest Fanboys I saw this one coming. Today Reed McClay changed the Title to my thread because I titled it "Mike Lazaridis Talking About data Consumption Again!" I guess that wasn't the crackberry way to do things lol.

You mean besides the sad state the BB section has gotten that when the word iphone comes out the BB fanboys start crying the iphone users are this and that cant stay in their forum blah blah blah before anyone even says anything?

Look at th first 12 or so posts of that thread, no less than 3 BB fanboys crapping up the thread bashing iphone users when no one even said a word yet! I think they just like to stir the pot and argue for the sake of arguing or insecurity about the phone choice they made.

Its gotten pretty sad out there beyond this subforum where you cant even have a valid conversation where you arent bowed on your knees to RIM. So much for open idea sharing.

The sad part is I think us in the iphone section are more receptive to people using other devices, a "hey great if it works for you" kind of attitude and dont have this hostile attitude we have to pre-bash on people.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-19-10 at 10:44 PM.
    04-19-10 10:40 PM
    You mean besides the sad state the BB section has gotten that when the word iphone comes out the BB fanboys start crying the iphone users are this and that cant stay in their forum blah blah blah before anyone even says anything?

Look at th first 12 or so posts of that thread, no less than 3 BB fanboys crapping up the thread bashing iphone users when no one even said a word yet! I think they just like to stir the pot and argue for the sake of arguing or insecurity about the phone choice they made.

Its gotten pretty sad out there beyond this subforum where you cant even have a valid conversation where you arent bowed on your knees to RIM. So much for open idea sharing.

The sad part is I think us in the iphone section are more receptive to people using other devices, a "hey great if it works for you" kind of attitude and dont have this hostile attitude we have to pre-bash on people.
    That's a great point you are making....... but still I hope everyone that owns an iPhone gets chronic diarrhea!!!!!!!!!!

LOL I'm just kidding!

I really agree with you because it can get annoying sometimes, but at the same time I like it when people are really passionate about something and will fight anyone who dares to say another phone is cooler than the one they love. Imagine if we weren't passionate about anything!! There would be no competition and would make things boring. Again, I agree with you there are levels of passion for things, but most of the time I enjoy a little fight about phones or anything else

Anyways... I'm sure the iPhone HD will be awesome!
    04-19-10 10:56 PM

Yea the iPhone section is way more relaxed in terms of vibe, and posters hence why I hangout there. I'm with salomondrin on its great to see passionate users though. The competition is great, its just the blatent ignorance of some users to hold a educated debate is sad. And when the whatever the iPhone is a toy or Android is a wanna be people show up to degrade the threads even more is when its just becomes dumb.

Back on the topic though this new iPhone looks to be the best one yet. And if it comes with an 80 gig storage model I'm definetly updrading my 3Gs which is out of commision for the moment.

Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 04-19-10 at 11:09 PM.
    04-19-10 11:07 PM
    I wish I could upgrade... :\ I don't really like the new iPhone 4G pictures though.
    04-19-10 11:22 PM
    Well....it finally happened.

That's comedy at it's finest.
    04-20-10 12:35 AM
    Well....it finally happened.

That's comedy at it's finest.
    What a **** move from the guys at GIZ outing the name of the kid who lost the phone in the first place, and then, as if it wasn't enough with the name, showing his freaking facebook page to the world!

Apple will sue the crap out of GIZ for sure, and their lawyer doesn't seem to be very good at all..... So Godspeed to those guys, but I'll say, they have some huge balls for buying the leaked iPhone and for posting videos and talking about it openly.
    04-20-10 01:08 AM
    I agree... would it have been so hard to say that the phone wasn't left in their posession and that they never asked for a name of the person who let them hold and video the device?

Of course, there's always the old "I have no recollection of that..." line they could have used.

I have a feeling the peeps at Giz got scared and blurted out all the info they could so that they could shift the blame away from themselves. "Oh, look at us, we're cooperating." They basically took the bait in the interrogation room. lol
    04-20-10 01:29 AM
    Theyre both likely liable. The guy who took this phone home and sold it as well as Gizmodo have exposed themselves to various legal consequences.

Lets just look at the common law crimes, not even going into exposing confidential trade secrets which could be another can of worms.

1) The property was "mislaid property" as we call in the legal field by the Apple employee. If it is found in a place where the true owner likely did intend to set it, but then simply forgot to pick it up again, the finder had a duty to turn it into the owner of the premises (bar) so that the owner could come retrieve it. The owner of the bar would have legal possession of the phone until the owner came to claim it. The finder has NO legal claim to the property what so ever. The only person with a legal claim would be the premises owner if the property owner (employee or Apple) didnt come looking for it in a reasonable amount of time.

But instead, it was taken home by the finder which looks VERY shady on his part. I personally wouldnt take anyone else's property home I found at bar/store, thats what the store/owner is for, to hold it for the owner to come retrieve. Taking it home shows the intent to convert it to his own use and deprive the owner of his property (well Apple's property but his possession to that property which Apple gave to him) which is common law theft.

2) Gizmodo- paid $5000 for the phone, which is pretty strong proof they knew it was something real and of value. Its hard to deny Giz thought it was a knockoff and paid 5 grand for it. Gizmodo could be liable for receiving stolen property. "Receiving stolen goods is generally buying or acquiring the possession of property knowing (or believing in some jurisdictions) that it had been obtained through theft, embezzlement, larceny, or extortion by someone else. " Its not hard to see that all of those elements are met- there was theft of the property, and Gizmodo did pay money knowing how the phone was acquired- basically taken home ie. stolen. Or they acquired possession of the device knowing how it was obtained by the finder. Either way, they basically did receive stolen property.

I think its shady how the person acquired the device in the first place and even worse Giz paid 5 grand knowing how the guy got the phone.

Gizmodo should be ashamed even more so. They have a legal team and the lawyers should know better. Any 2nd year law student can make these connections with basic common law principles. Apple's lawyers, who are very good, will fry them on this as well as the guy who took it home and sold it off.

Im usually not for petty legal action but this just burns my **** how shady this whole thing went down and how the guy took it home and started playing with it and taking it apart like it was his. And even worse, he sold it off to the media for money and these media outlets knew how the guy obtained the phone; it wasnt hidden as it was published in the story. In this case I hope they suffer legal consequences so maybe next time theyll act with at least basic morality and thoughts for others like the poor 20-some kid who probably lost his job over this. If the finder wouldve acted morally, the employee would have realized it was missing and retrieved it from the bar and no issues or leaks on the net.

Im all for leaks and its great for us to get to see it, but the way it went down was incredibly shady by all parties involved.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-20-10 at 01:59 AM.
    04-20-10 01:38 AM
    Theyre both likely liable. The guy who took this phone home and sold it as well as Gizmodo have exposed themselves to various legal consequences.

Lets just look at the common law crimes, not even going into exposing confidential trade secrets which could be another can of worms.

1) The property was "mislaid property" as we call in the legal field by the Apple employee. If it is found in a place where the true owner likely did intend to set it, but then simply forgot to pick it up again, the finder had a duty to turn it into the owner of the premises (bar) so that the owner could come retrieve it. The owner of the bar would have legal possession of the phone until the owner came to claim it. The finder has NO legal claim to the property what so ever. The only person with a legal claim would be the premises owner if the property owner (employee or Apple) didnt come looking for it in a reasonable amount of time.

But instead, it was taken home by the finder which looks VERY shady on his part. I personally wouldnt take anyone else's property home I found at bar/store, thats what the store/owner is for, to hold it for the owner to come retrieve. Taking it home shows the intent to convert it to his own use and deprive the owner of his property (well Apple's property but his possession to that property which Apple gave to him) which is common law theft.

2) Gizmodo- paid $5000 for the phone, which is pretty strong proof they knew it was something real and of value. Its hard to deny Giz thought it was a knockoff and paid 5 grand for it. Gizmodo could be liable for receiving stolen property. "Receiving stolen goods is generally buying or acquiring the possession of property knowing (or believing in some jurisdictions) that it had been obtained through theft, embezzlement, larceny, or extortion by someone else. " Its not hard to see that all of those elements are met- there was theft of the property, and Gizmodo did pay money knowing how the phone was acquired- basically taken home ie. stolen. Or they acquired possession of the device knowing how it was obtained by the finder. Either way, they basically did receive stolen property.

I think its shady how the person acquired the device in the first place and even worse Giz paid 5 grand knowing how the guy got the phone.

Gizmodo should be ashamed even more so. They have a legal team and the lawyers should know better. Any 2nd year law student can make these connections with basic common law principles. Apple's lawyers, who are very good, will fry them on this as well as the guy who took it home and sold it off.

Im usually not for petty legal action but this just burns my **** how shady this whole thing went down and how the guy took it home and started playing with it and taking it apart like it was his. And even worse, he sold it off to the media for money and these media outlets knew how the guy obtained the phone; it wasnt hidden as it was published in the story. In this case I hope they suffer legal consequences so maybe next time theyll act with at least basic morality and thoughts for others like the poor 20-some kid who probably lost his job over this. If the finder wouldve acted morally, the employee would have realized it was missing and retrieved it from the bar and no issues or leaks on the net.

Im all for leaks and its great for us to get to see it, but the way it went down was incredibly shady by all parties involved.
    More than shady it was amazingly stupid!!!

I'm sorry, but you are leaking an apple product, and everyone knows that it isn't taken lightly in first place. On top of that you are telling the dumbest story ever about HOW WE GOT THE PHONE! Who care's dumbass, just say you found it on the floor instead of OH WE BOUGHT IT FOR 5K! (the price was actually pretty good) LOL

I'm sorry, but you don't have to be a lawyer or go to law school to figure out that everything they did was just creating evidence for Apple to destroy their asses in court! I would be amazed if they actually talked to a lawyer before doing any of this, and if they did... they should blame it on the lawyer because that would be the worst legal advice I've ever heard off! LOL
    04-20-10 02:34 AM
    I agree... would it have been so hard to say that the phone wasn't left in their posession and that they never asked for a name of the person who let them hold and video the device?

Of course, there's always the old "I have no recollection of that..." line they could have used.

I have a feeling the peeps at Giz got scared and blurted out all the info they could so that they could shift the blame away from themselves. "Oh, look at us, we're cooperating." They basically took the bait in the interrogation room. lol
    You are right there, but at the same time it makes them look bad in front of the judge and puts them in an awkward position.

I sued this loser 2 years ago because this guy claimed he owned IP that owned and scared my investors away with stupid letters from his lawyer. After that happened I decided to sue him knowing that I was right, he was wrong, and I also had all the evidence to destroy his *** in court.

During his depositions the guy answered to EVERY freaking question I CAN'T REMEMBER... and then in front of the judge he did the same thing, and the judge asked him "Did you drive here to the courthouse or were you driven here" and the guy said "I drove"... The judge immediately stood up and said "You're memory isn't that bad you are just a liar" and right then and there I won the case

And the thing here is... these guys can play that stupid game of I CAN'T RECALL EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED or I CAN'T REMEMBER or I DON'T KNOW, and they are just gonna look like idiots and lose, but if they go the other route, which is lying..... they will go to jail if they get caught, and that would suck balls.
    04-20-10 02:43 AM
    While Apple is trigger happy when it comes to suing, i seriously doubt that there will be a suit coming for this. I could see if it was publicly stated that the phone was stolen and gizmodo then bought the phone after this was made public knowledge and opened it up and released top secret info on the phone. But they did all of this before it was confirmed that this was indeed Apple's property. They can say they were just helping make a lost item known to its owner by publicly posting info on it so that the owner can know who to get in touch with to recover it and low and behold the letter from Apple's lawyer.

P.S They can also say that the money that they gave to the guy for the phone wasn't to purchase the phone but rather to compensate him for his time and trouble in turning in a lost item to them so that they can publicly make the owner aware. I think if Gizmodo names the guy who turned it in he would be in more of a problem than gizmodo being that he should have turned it in to the bar owner. So Gizmodo better not know his name or admit to knowing it.
    Last edited by championart; 04-20-10 at 03:02 AM.
    04-20-10 02:52 AM
    While Apple is trigger happy when it comes to suing, i seriously doubt that there will be a suit coming for this. I could see if it was publicly stated that the phone was stolen/lost and gizmodo then bought the phone after this was made public knowledge and opened it up and released top secret info on the phone. But they did all of this before it was confirmed that this was indeed Apple's property. They can say they were just helping make a lost item known to its owner by publicly posting info on it so that the owner can know who to get in touch with to recover it and low and behold the letter from Apple's lawyer.
    That's the first thing I thought too, but Apple doesn't have leaks and certainly not big ones like this one. This has to be, if not the very first one this size, the first one this big in a while and if you were Apple would you send a message to everyone that saw what happened saying; "Well, its ok because it brought us some free PR" or "This better never happen again"?
    04-20-10 02:58 AM
    That's the first thing I thought too, but Apple doesn't have leaks and certainly not big ones like this one. This has to be, if not the very first one this size, the first one this big in a while and if you were Apple would you send a message to everyone that saw what happened saying; "Well, its ok because it brought us some free PR" or "This better never happen again"?
    Your'e right about them being anal about their curpentino secrets and would try to make an example out of this case. But here is something i just thought of too. If the iphone 4g prototype didn't have any legal notation on it stating that it was the property of apple and any pictures, documentation, opening of the device taken without the consent of apple would be intellectual property rights breach and would be subjected to a law suit from apple then Gizmodo should be fine. I'm willing to bet from here on out there will be some sort of this written on their prototypes. The only person i can see getting sued is the guy who left the bar with it and if Gizmodo doesn't know his name then he should be good. Isn't it weird though that the guy from apple who lost the 4g is still working there? Hmmm.... something to think about as Apple has fired people for far less than this.
    Last edited by championart; 04-20-10 at 03:13 AM.
    04-20-10 03:10 AM
    Your'e right about them being anal about their curpentino secrets and would try to make an example out of this case. But here is something i just thought of too. If the iphone 4g prototype didn't have any legal notation on it stating that it was the property of apple and any pictures, documentation, opening of the device taken without the consent of apple would be intellectual property rights breach and would be subjected to a law suit from apple then Gizmodo should be fine. I'm willing to bet from here on out there will be some sort of this written on their prototypes. The only person i can see getting sued is the guy who left the bar with it and if Gizmodo doesn't know his name then he should be good. Isn't it weird though that the guy from apple who lost the 4g is still working there? Hmmm.... something to think about as Apple has fired people for far less than this.
    I agree on that point, but do you really think GIZ would've said "So when we got the phone it had a sticker that said NOT FOR SALE...." or "when we powered on the phone we say a message from Apple"? Maybe there really was a confidentiality note somewhere... and like people said... If GIZMODO didn't know it was a pre-released iPhone and that they shouldn't have had it... why did they pay that guy 5k?

:s
    04-20-10 03:16 AM
    I agree on that point, but do you really think GIZ would've said "So when we got the phone it had a sticker that said NOT FOR SALE...." or "when we powered on the phone we say a message from Apple"? Maybe there really was a confidentiality note somewhere... and like people said... If GIZMODO didn't know it was a pre-released iPhone and that they shouldn't have had it... why did they pay that guy 5k?

:s
    Your'e right Gizmodo def wouldn't admit that sticker was there lol but then Apple would have to prove it was there which they could easily do by showing that all of their devices have that intellectual property rights warning on them.

As for the whole payment of the for the phone, they can say they are just geeks who are in the business of doing articles on different gadgets which they truthfully are lol and thought this was a cool gadget which they payed to take pics of and keep in their possession till the owner came for it. But seriously we still have people in denial that this is the real iphone 4g. It wasn't until Giz opened it up and showed the parts labeled apple and then called up the engineer who lost it and displayed their convo with him that people started to believe that its really the iphone 4g. I don't think Giz knew what they were truly getting into and took a risk. Just by saying we think we have in our possession the iphone 4g with pics, the amount of traffic that they generated would pay for that $5,000 easily. Even if it wasn't the iphone 4g they would have profited from it. Credibility would have been somewhat shot though.
    04-20-10 03:43 AM
    Love the pics. I am digging the smaller size (4.50 x 2.31 x 0.37 vs. 3GS...4.50 x 2.40 x 0.48 inches). Not that the 3GS is a big device, but I don't mind the thinner size. Makes for a little better form factor, especially for carrying around. And a better camera with flash, yeah baby!
    04-20-10 04:32 AM
    lol @ that letter

Jobs must be in a fetal position all **** hurt
    04-20-10 05:10 AM
    OK, *if* this will let me carry a spare battery that I can change myself, with the multitasking on OS 4, I can embrace this.
    *If* those two things are true, I can see myself changing platforms.
    I hope you (and I ) don't need to carry extra batts. THAT and a status light are the only things keeping my 3gs on my night stand for reading while I take my 9700 out with me.

04-20-10 05:45 AM
116 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD