04-17-10 08:50 PM
    That's the second pic we've seen that suggests sharp edges.

Me no likey.
    04-17-10 08:59 PM
    I hope not. Thing looks like a cheaper version of a Samsung Instinct... Piece of garbage, and definitely not Apple-like styling.
    04-17-10 09:02 PM
    I like the look of it. The 4G needs a new design.
    04-17-10 10:23 PM
    I actually like this design a bit more then the one from yesterday (of just the back). Well, honestly, I like both. lol I like this design more because it has a removable back and replaceable battery... something the BB fanboys keep harping on the iPhone not having.
    04-17-10 10:35 PM
    the sharp edges aren't necessarily the final product. car manufactures put lots of covering on their prototype/test vehicles, to shelter them from the media... this could be the same type of thing.. internally a beta product, externally a facade.
    04-17-10 11:58 PM
    Either way you slice it these are the most convincing pics to date I have seen of the upcoming iPhone. This device pictured might have been a prototype or it might very well be the next iPhone. Definitely no alarms of photoshopping here for sure.
    04-18-10 12:13 AM
    That's the real deal. ITs just a shame someone who worked at apple is gonna get "suicided" soon.
    04-18-10 02:15 AM
    it's nice to see some real pics surface that show that a new iPhone exists finally... dont' look photoshopped to me and with the mobileme features.. they could've remotely disabled it once it was lost... or some special feature via apple's site... wouldn't surprise me lol

Love it.. can't wait to see the real thing once it's released
    04-18-10 02:32 AM
    That's the real deal. ITs just a shame someone who worked at apple is gonna get "suicided" soon.
    Too true.

They must have ways of identifying the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 04:52 AM
    OK, *if* this will let me carry a spare battery that I can change myself, with the multitasking on OS 4, I can embrace this.
    *If* those two things are true, I can see myself changing platforms.
    04-18-10 05:23 AM
    OK, *if* this will let me carry a spare battery that I can change myself, with the multitasking on OS 4, I can embrace this.
    *If* those two things are true, I can see myself changing platforms.
    A removable battery would be great. Not that I ever needed one but if my battery ever dies, I could pay $20-50 for a replacement instead of $200 for a full repair!
    04-18-10 09:24 AM
    04-18-10 10:37 AM
    The pictures of the "new iPhone" are fake
    04-18-10 10:45 AM
    That thing looks like a beast I want one
    04-18-10 12:27 PM
    That pics seems a little too conveniently propped with the schoolbag on the back.
    04-18-10 12:36 PM
    All that excitement over a counterfeit

http://www.tipb.com/2010/04/18/image...g-proved-fake/
    04-18-10 03:22 PM
    Except that its possibly not fake after all.

iPhone 4G: proof -- Engadget
    04-18-10 03:40 PM
    haaaaa Told you guys! I have a couple of friends from Indonesia and they have ridiculous hookups, and they're the ones that told me it looked like that.
    04-19-10 10:55 AM
    Gizmodo has some new updates too:
    This Is Apple's Next iPhone - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo

it very well could just be a provisional case on it, but the hardware inside is a prototype.
    04-19-10 11:49 AM
    I actually like this design a bit more then the one from yesterday (of just the back). Well, honestly, I like both. lol I like this design more because it has a removable back and replaceable battery... something the BB fanboys keep harping on the iPhone not having.
    Where are you seeing a replaceable battery? Did I miss that?

Apparently, the absent minded, tipsy Apple employee who lost the phone was only known by their initials... S.J.
    04-19-10 02:19 PM
    If it has a micro-sim card, it would be useless to unlock it then since no other carriers use micro-sim cards, am I right?
    04-19-10 04:26 PM
    Well I am planning on dumping my BBStorm for this when it comes out.
    Bell has dropped the ball bigtime when their HSPA was dedicated to internet usb sticks.
    The Storm2 HSPA is on a different frequency so there is no pint in staying with Bell on my next upgrade.
    04-19-10 05:26 PM
    I like the look of this new iPhone more than any of the other ones. I like the added thickness and such. The 1400 mah battery is a HUGE plus and so is the resolution.

I probably won't be getting it as I'm still in love with my 2 month old Droid but I'm sure it'll be a hit.
    04-19-10 06:44 PM
    For everyone who said its a fake or photoshopped, I didnt know you could make a video with a "photoshopped pic" in your hand

And all of the internals are Apple parts. I HIGHLY doubt Chinese/Japanese knockoffs use Apple labeled parts.

AND there was a report of a prototype being reported lost.

The "test" phone was also remotely disabled by Apple.

Its the real deal, maybe not the final release housing, but real deal. I have doubts thats the final housing theyll use, its probably just a tester housing to mask the real deal or to save $$. I doubt theyd release it with seams in the metal sides.

Some things that look for sure: thinner, higher res screen, camera flash, front facing camera, 15% bigger battery (approx 1400mah by the math since the 3GS is 1219mah)
    Still rumored but strong evidence: 1ghz a$ processor like iPad, higher res back camera (probably a given its upped in megapixels)
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-19-10 at 07:01 PM.
    04-19-10 06:53 PM
116 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD