i just ordered my 16gig 3gs over the phone through AT&T. They say it will take a few days to get it and I cant wait. I switched from a bb tour with sprint service. My question is what is a good cover and do I need a screen protector? Sorry if this type of post has been wore out previously. thanks
    01-25-10 08:55 PM
    I've only had my iPhone for a month but I have no scratches or anything on the screen and really find no need for a protector since it's supposedly scratch resistant. Enjoy your iPhone!! I love it! came from an 8330 on Sprint and I'm LOVING the full 3g coverage as opposed to holding my phone up in the corner of the living room just to get a signal with Sprint. Lol
    01-26-10 01:21 AM
    I've gone bare on the screen, but if you want, the regular screen protectors (or privacy screens) from AT&T store are pretty good.
    01-26-10 01:54 AM
    Enjoy. My iPhone goes camando
    01-26-10 02:57 AM
    I bought this case at Target on clearance for $20. It's the Griffin Elan Form Graphite case. I love it. It's kind of grippy. I like that since the iPhone by itself is so slippery.

Griffin Elan Form Graphite Case For iPhone 3G Review | GadgetReview
    01-26-10 05:37 AM
    Hey!!! Welcome to the Dark Side.
    You will really enjoy your new iPhone.
    I do not use a screen protector, my case is 'flip style'.
    Always had a hard time placing those screen protectors on,
    never could get them centered correctly (pre cut to size protectors)..

http://store.theiphoneblog.com/incip...4A120A4021.htm
    01-26-10 06:18 AM
    thanks for the input, i ended up buying a Seidio Innocase Snap Slim Case last night on ebay for 14 bucks, i didn't buy a screen protector but i think i might just for a little more protection. Thanks again i should have searched better before i posted this but I was a little to excited lol.
    01-26-10 06:45 AM
    i purchased a zagg screen protector and love it, really cant tell its on. Would recommend it but you probably can buy one from att and itll do the job. As for cases, Im considering Ohio State Buckeyes Scarlet Team Logo iPhone Duo Shell Case

like the look of it and plus Im a fan of them. No casing on the phone is alittle slick for me, feel alittle better with something on there. Would recommend jailbreaking as well, more customization, can always restore to factory settings
    Last edited by osugsxr; 01-26-10 at 06:58 AM.
    01-26-10 06:54 AM
    I also run naked. But may I suggest, you bought a 3g. I would highly recommend you consider upgrading to the 3GS if you can. The speed difference in these 2 devices is noticeable. With a new version of the iPhone most likely coming out this summer (basing on last releases) you wont be eligible for the early upgrade. Come then it may be "outdated" a bit. It's still a great phone either way but that's the way I would go.
    01-26-10 08:20 AM
    i did purchase the 3GS just for the reason's you said. This may be a stupid question but what exactly is jailbreaking mean and what does it do to the phone good and bad?
    01-26-10 10:39 AM
    yes welcome to the darkside. i would put a screen protector if you put your phone in your pockets all the time.
    01-26-10 10:43 AM
    No screen protector for me. I think they all suck. Only put a case-mate case on it
    when I go to the gym. Other than that it's commando for my phone.
    01-26-10 01:01 PM
    I use the speck case and a anti-glare screen protector from at&t. I gotta keep my phone wrapped up from scratches.
    01-26-10 01:18 PM
    jailbreak allows more customization of the phone, themes, wallpapers, change the look of the phone, and basically you can do whatever with the phone, various apps, able to have nes, snes, emulators on it. Look up cydia...
    01-26-10 03:17 PM
    do you recommend jailbreaking a 3gs? Is this something i can do myself or do i have to find someone and pay them to do it, if so whats the normal price for someone to do it?
    01-26-10 04:14 PM
    do you recommend jailbreaking a 3gs? Is this something i can do myself or do i have to find someone and pay them to do it, if so whats the normal price for someone to do it?
    If you look at your serial number and the 4th and 5th numerals are beyond 40
    then it's not worth jailbreaking.
    01-26-10 04:49 PM
    i havent received my phone yet, I ordered it on ATT website and it will be here soon. What does that mean if they are beyond 40? Does it do the same thing as a jailbroken phone?
    01-26-10 05:03 PM
    It's most likely beyond that number then. When it is you can jailbreak but those
    phones have new bootroms. So whenever you power down or reboot, you have to
    do a tethered jailbreak. Meaning you have to connect the phone back to your PC
    each time to re-jailbreak it.
    01-26-10 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD