I just got a BB and plan to use the BB and the iPhone (not at the same time obviously). I have changed my data plan to the BB data plan and will set the iPhone to run off the BB data plan. Question is when I put the SIM card in the BB and go to my contacts nothing pulls up as if there are no contacts on the SIM card? Is this possible? How do I get the contacts from the iPhone onto the SIM card for portability between the phones. Thanks in advance
    03-17-10 02:13 PM
    Do you use Gmail? If yes, on the iPhone use Exchange email setup, and on the BlackBerry use Google Sync. That way BOTH devices are always up to date.

Thats what I do...
    03-17-10 07:56 PM
    Not sure I understand what you mean. All I want to do is copy all my contacts (phone# and emails etc) from the iPhone onto my SIM card so that way I can just move the SIM between phones.
    03-18-10 09:00 AM
    Not sure how it works with the sim card, but when bought my iPhone I transferred my bb contact list to my pc (via DM, I think), then imported/synched that list to my iPhone.
    03-18-10 09:17 AM
    I was merely offering a better solution, long term...

Not sure I understand what you mean. All I want to do is copy all my contacts (phone# and emails etc) from the iPhone onto my SIM card so that way I can just move the SIM between phones.
    03-18-10 09:43 AM
    You can only back up contacts to SIM if you have very basic info and only one phone number per contact. Much better if you can back up contacts to Outlook or you risk losing data.
    03-18-10 11:06 AM
    Ok so I have my contacts backed up on the address book on my computer so all I need to do is sync that to the BB? I was under the impression I would need put the contacts on the SIM
    03-18-10 11:22 AM
    If you have all your contacts in Microsoft Outlook, then you can sync with Desktop Manager for Blackberry, or iTunes\Outlook for iPhone...
    03-18-10 11:44 AM
    try using this app simanager if your iphone is jailbroken it is available thru this source cydia.xsellize.com it dose both copy from iphone or from sim card.
    03-24-10 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD