so i bought an iphone 3gs off here and it was an AT&T but i live in canada, so i got the guy to unlock for me so i can use it on rogers.. phone was working fine then by accident i clicked restore and it got rid of the unlock and now im stuck in the itunes menu and it says unsupported sim, is there anything i can do other than buying an at&t sim card off ebay and instead using some type of hack to bypass the screen?
    09-20-10 08:36 PM
    How To Unlock an iPhone - PCWorld Funny I swear I saw this exact same post over at TiPb. LOL
    09-20-10 08:40 PM
    Buy an AT&T SIM or get someone to buy you an AT&T SIM.
    09-20-10 09:05 PM
    Buy an AT&T SIM or get someone to buy you an AT&T SIM.
    i heard that it will only work with the original sim card that it came with if its not activated, is that true??... cause i bought it from someone...
    Last edited by hocks16; 09-20-10 at 09:54 PM.
    09-20-10 09:51 PM
    I literally went through this 2 days ago. A friend gave me his 3gs from FIDO, no SIM inside but it functioned (without connection) without the SIM until I wiped the device under general settings. So I had to reactivate it with itunes. I did this by purchasing a fido sim for $10.

The easiest way is to get a hold of any AT&T SIM card. It does not have to be activated. Order one online or post an ad on kijiji. Or you can go to an Iphone unlocking store in your city. They should have these SIM cards laying around for this exact reason.

Another option is to use a universal phone book SIM, but these are harder to come by than AT&T SIMs. And I'm not sure if they work on the new iOS.
    09-21-10 03:57 PM
    Also keep in mind the fact that if you "Restored" to iOS 4.1, you are sunk because there is no unlock for the new baseband as yet (maybe never). So even if a new jailbreak comes out for 4.1, you still won't be able to use your Rogers SIM until the unlock is updated as well. Even if you had saved SHSH blobs and can downgrade to 4.0.1, your baseband won't downgrade and you still will be unable to unlock.
    09-22-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD