So do you really need to spend the ridiculous amount of money on an Apple brand accessory? I saw a charger pack on ebay for 8.99. Came with car, home and usb chargers. The home and car chargers had the chip to ensure no over charging occurs. Are these ok to go with or am I dooming my 200 investment?
    03-23-09 08:48 PM
    I've used acc packs for other phones that I bought from ebay and never had a problem with them, don't see why this would be any different. I just got an iphone3g last night, already ordered my chargers and cables from ebay-got my wife a pack for her's too.
    03-23-09 09:12 PM
    Wouldn't know... never trusted them. I've seen crazy stuff happen to the after-market POS ones sold at Bestbuy when I use to work there. In fact, they were known to blow fuses when using the cigarette lighter.
    03-23-09 09:29 PM
    Build quality suffers on brands from BBY or Ebay. Buyer beware!
    03-24-09 01:16 AM
    Belkin dual auto charger. Two USB sockets, one of which is 1A for quick charging.
    Comes with a USB-to-iphone/ipod cord and a regular usb cord. 3ft long each

$30 at the Apple store
    03-24-09 10:17 AM
    I try to stick with the Apple branded stuff, or at least the Works With Apple logo, and it has to say iPhone 3G. I've used cheaper accessories with the iPhone before, but they never seem to work 100%.

When I first got my original iPhone, i was leaving for a trip and packed the USB cable that came with my 5th gen iPod. Damn thing wouldn't charge my iPhone, had to keep bugging my friend to use his cable.
    03-26-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD