So my fiance and I are going to get iPhones @ at&t on august 29 of this year, I'm wanting to know what's the difference between the iPhone 3G and the 3GS? I love to have a lot of apps and I'm debating on getting the white 16 or 32 GB can somebody pleas help me between the 3G and the 3GS? Also what does it mean to Jailbreak it? Does it make it run better or what? Can somebody explain please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by XxXjacobXxX; 04-29-10 at 11:06 PM.
    04-29-10 11:02 PM
    3GS has a faster processor, and will be the only one that will be able to run os 4.0 when it comes out. The 3G will be obsolete when OS 4.0 comes out. 16g should be plenty unless you have a bunch of video to put on the phone. Don't get rid of your Tour, you might be back sooner than you think.
    Last edited by cajunrph; 04-29-10 at 11:12 PM.
    04-29-10 11:09 PM
    Why would you want the 3G or 3GS if you are getting it later this summer when a newer model will be out?
    04-29-10 11:11 PM
    I wasn't going to get rid of my tour I planned on getting it unlocked and use it with at&t when I got tired of my iPhone! I have a 16gb memory card in my phone and I have about 1.5 gb left on it because my music and vids and all that nice stuff! I think ill get a 32gb

04-29-10 11:13 PM
    Yep, I didn't think about that. Some time in june the next iPhone will come out. The iPhone 4G.
    04-29-10 11:14 PM
    I want one that isn't going to cost me my car and my body I just want one that will only cost a finger or maybe a hand that's why I want the 3G or the 3GS

04-29-10 11:14 PM
    You must have a lot of video. I have mostly music on my iPhone, but I did bump into memory problems at times because I had some football games on it. Had to limit what songs I put on it. By August they might have a fire sale on the 3GS to get rid of them to make room for the 4G. Or they might not have any 3GS left. You know it's gonna cost you more to be on AT&T vs Sprint? Good luck in any event.
    04-29-10 11:18 PM
    I wasn't going to get rid of my tour I planned on getting it unlocked and use it with at&t when I got tired of my iPhone!

Try this. it's almost a shoo-in depending on when you apply, and it works and is very easy. I now know that this company is telling the truth and works really quickly, so I'll happily pay for more unlocks from them.
    04-29-10 11:19 PM
    Typically the new iPhones are $299 after rebates. The 3GS might be $99 by that time, if they have any left. Just make sure you get a 3GS, cuz the 3G resale value has already tanked due to it's lack of ability to run all of OS 4.0.
    04-29-10 11:21 PM
    You must have a lot of video. I have mostly music on my iPhone, but I did bump into memory problems at times because I had some football games on it. Had to limit what songs I put on it. By August they might have a fire sale on the 3GS to get rid of them to make room for the 4G. Or they might not have any 3GS left. You know it's gonna cost you more to be on AT&T vs Sprint? Good luck in any event.
    Actually its only $5 more! And that's would be 700 mins verses 450

04-29-10 11:22 PM
    Do u think apple will be coming out with different color iPhones than black and white? I've seen blue,purple, silver, and green housings on ebay! It would be nice to have a blue or red iPhone

04-29-10 11:28 PM
    Do u think apple will be coming out with different color iPhones than black and white? I've seen blue,purple, silver, and green housings on ebay! It would be nice to have a blue or red iPhone

Honestly, i doubt it. They probably would have come out with different colors for the 3GS.

04-30-10 01:09 AM

Unique skins.com. You can have it look any way you want.
    04-30-10 06:42 AM
    Actually its only $5 more! And that's would be 700 mins verses 450

Make sure you get an apples to apples comparison. iPhone plans do not include texting. Family texting is $20.00/month. For me on a family plan with 2 iPhones and one feature phone I pay right at $200/month. That is for only 700 shared minutes. The extra phone cost $9.99. Just evaluate on an equal basis before you get stuck forking out extra money monthly. Good Luck. Also good luck on the marriage.
    04-30-10 06:48 AM
    Make sure you get an apples to apples comparison. iPhone plans do not include texting. Family texting is $20.00/month. For me on a family plan with 2 iPhones and one feature phone I pay right at $200/month. That is for only 700 shared minutes. The extra phone cost $9.99. Just evaluate on an equal basis before you get stuck forking out extra money monthly. Good Luck. Also good luck on the marriage.
    Actually we went to at&t and its $179.99 1400 mins to share and unlimited everything else! Minus my discount from work so that's $179.99 - $31.79 = $148.20 so I'm coming out with 700 mins for me and 700 mins for her, 10 unlimited numbers on both lines data package and message package so that $74.10 for each line a month , less than what we are paying @ sprint 84.72 a month with 450 anytime minuets

04-30-10 12:58 PM
    3GS has a faster processor, and will be the only one that will be able to run os 4.0 when it comes out. The 3G will be obsolete when OS 4.0 comes out. 16g should be plenty unless you have a bunch of video to put on the phone. Don't get rid of your Tour, you might be back sooner than you think.
    So what do you mean by the 3g will be obselete when os4.0 comes out. Will I not be able to run any new apps when they come out after after the new os is released? Will there not be any more updates for the 3g any more? Sorry for all the questions but I purchased my 3g before the 3gs came out and to hear this is kind of frustrating.

05-02-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD