This is what it means.

In case you missed it, Musclenerd restores his iPad using iTunes to restore to 3.2 (a pre-jailbreak firmware), but Cydia is still there after the restore, meaning that now you can restore via iTunes to any firmware and still maintain the jailbreak. Pretty significant accomplishment.
    10-18-10 12:08 PM
    I read about this over the weekend. My question is this though. When Apple comes
    out with their next software update, whether it be 4.1.1 or 4.2, will the jailbreak
    still be there?
    10-18-10 12:56 PM
    I also have another question.

If I jailbroke and was having a hard time removing the jailbreak because I wanted to
    take my phone in to Apple Care, I'm pretty much screwed aren't I? Since even
    restoring won't remove the jailbreak
    10-18-10 03:19 PM
    I also have another question.

If I jailbroke and was having a hard time removing the jailbreak because I wanted to
    take my phone in to Apple Care, I'm pretty much screwed aren't I? Since even
    restoring won't remove the jailbreak
    No. Musclenerd used a custom firmware made with pwnage tool. If you just use the regular firmware, it'll restore back to normal, meaning no jailbreak.
    10-18-10 03:30 PM
    Interesting, I figured itd just be a faster jailbreak (down to a day or 2) since no new tool had to be compiled and wed jsut get a custom ispw to load.

I wonder how they made it so you can download stock OS, install, and remain jailbroken without doing anything. BIG accomplishment though!
    10-18-10 04:15 PM
    I'd think this would force apple to make a better chip too. Kind of a win/win.
    10-18-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD