Hi all,
    I am currently using a 9700 on t-mobile in the UK and will most likely be getting the iphone 4 tomorrow. I will be going into the t-mobile store to get the smaller sim thats needed and also getting the adapter so that I can swap it out into my 9700 if needed.
    Is there any way of moving the contacts from my 9700 to the iphone? I dont have them stored anywhere else.
    The next thing is jailbreaking, whats the perks and do I need to do it to be able to set my own alerts etc?
    Is there any way of hiding files and pictures on an iphone like you can on a blackberry?
    What about instant messaging? my wife has an iphone is there an app like bbm that we could use?

Sorry for all the questions and if they see silly, but I am buying it sim free so want to make sure its going to be right for me

Thanks for reading
    10-15-10 03:16 PM
    The easiest way is probably to use Outlook. You can sync the BB with Outlook, then have the iPhone sync with Outlook.

Alternatively you can sign up for a Gmail or Googlemail account or whatever they call it over there. Then you download the Google sync program to your BB. It can be found at m.google.com/sync from your BB browser. Once that's done, set up the Gmail account in the iPhone as Exchange and have it sync contacts.

Jailbreaking allows you to install apps not available at the App Store. You should decide for yourself if you want to go through the trouble. It's a very easy process if you do want to do it. As for setting up your own notifications and stuff, that's possible, but it depends on what kinds of notifications you want. For example, if you want a flashing LED, that's not gonna happen.

For hiding files and pictures.... not so much. You can use cloud storage with something like Dropbox and password protect access.

IM is plentiful on the iPhone. Every major IM is available in multiple flavors and there are some like eBuddy and Beejive that are all-in-ones. If you want something like BBM with read confirmations, you can try Whatsapp, it works pretty well.
    10-15-10 03:35 PM
    Be careful with the adapter. I know a lot of folks that have fried their SIM tray on their BB using them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 11:36 AM
    the question then is , do you know of any reliable sim card adaptors? I am eagerly looking to purchase one that works good, and from a trusted retailer.
    10-16-10 01:51 PM
    the question then is , do you know of any reliable sim card adaptors? I am eagerly looking to purchase one that works good, and from a trusted retailer.
    I would like to know too, I am thinking of switching to an iphone 4 from the 9700 so I would need an adapter as well and get ready for the switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 01:46 AM
    Here it is, just posted yesterday:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/mic...daptor-539801/
    10-17-10 12:21 PM
    What now please?

Realise your mistake before you may loads for an iPhone on T Mo.

Tom
    10-17-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD