Well I've come full circle. Traded my 3g for a Blackberry in February. Mostly to have access to my work email, but also because the 3g lacks so many basic cell phone features. Multitasking, a flash, zoom on the camera etc. Well then along comes the iPhone 4 and I switched by like the true Apple fanatic I am lol.

I'm curious about BBM. How do former bbm users do without it. I know it's basically text messages with a few extra features, but I found myself missing it today.
    06-30-10 10:58 PM
    I do miss BBM, but you get over it. Email or texts can replace it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 10:59 PM
    Or instant messengers:

AIM/Yahoo/MSN

You can use BeeJive, not sure if you
    used it when you had the BlackBerry.

It's hard for me to say how I deal with
    it as I have both several devices,
    including a BlackBerry 9700 for bbm.
    06-30-10 11:13 PM
    I came from the 9700 to iPhone 4. I never used BBM so don't miss it However I did miss having the Windows Live MEssenger app on my BB. There is one for iphone but it signs you out every time you leave the app so it's useless, but then I found BeeJive and reluctantly plopped down the $10 for it but glad I did, it's very nice. One thing I do miss is the blinking LED on the BB to notify me of missed calls etc, but overall I'm more happy with this phone than the 9700.
    07-01-10 08:47 AM
    Yep had 9000, then 9700 and now iphone 4. I do miss the LED indicator. BBM was handy but of course only worked with Blackberry folks so was always limited. I miss the push email that was always blazingly fast the most though. I have gmail push on the iphone and it's ok but not perfect like the Blackberry was. Still, all the apps and the great browser and screen on the iphone have me hooked. I have sopft spot in my heart for Blackberry and likely always will but the iphone is slick, fast, and has some great apps available (many of them for free).
    07-01-10 09:33 AM
    I have a 9700 and just got a 3gs to play around until the I4 comes to Canada. I'm still stuck between both devices as the 3gs battery is very poor. Either I think I'm just going to keep my 9700 and get a iPod touch or just get rid of everything and get the I4. what do you all think???

07-01-10 10:53 AM
    I have a 9700 and just got a 3gs to play around until the I4 comes to Canada. I'm still stuck between both devices as the 3gs battery is very poor. Either I think I'm just going to keep my 9700 and get a iPod touch or just get rid of everything and get the I4. what do you all think???

IP4 battery is wayyyyyyyy better than 3GS! Most people are going over a day without a charge. Same for me.
    07-01-10 11:15 AM
    From the BB9700 I miss the differentiated notifications based on which email account received email. Same for in-holster vs. out-of-holster notifications.
    07-01-10 12:51 PM

Get rid of all of your devices and just use the iPhone 4.
    07-01-10 04:57 PM
    I am leaning towards a iP4, seeing as att doesn't have a really good Android pbone.

As far as BBM goes. I never use it. I've used it before but with people that I've met on the forums as people I know in real life use Yahoo, AiM, and MSM as they can use it when they are at their PC or Mac.

So yeah, BBM is something that will definitely not hold me back from getting a diff phone.

Also, getting tired of waiting on OS6(which didn't look all that impressive) and the 9800.

Just my $0.02.

07-01-10 05:09 PM
    Well I've come full circle. Traded my 3g for a Blackberry in February. Mostly to have access to my work email, but also because the 3g lacks so many basic cell phone features. Multitasking, a flash, zoom on the camera etc. Well then along comes the iPhone 4 and I switched by like the true Apple fanatic I am lol.

I'm curious about BBM. How do former bbm users do without it. I know it's basically text messages with a few extra features, but I found myself missing it today.
    there is a app called pMessenger with a pin number that is currently available for iPhone and BB devices and soon android that kinda resembles bbm in many ways... and the paid version was recently free ... check it out..
    07-01-10 06:59 PM
    Goodbye Blackberry,

Five years and Several Bolds,Curves and Pearls later... IM DONE.

Its iPhone time, more than that giving my money to a company that is moving forward and is in 2010!

( Not 1999 )
    Exactly how I feel. Now if Apple would only release the White color! I used to be the biggest iphone and especially 'white is for girls'. But black looks too much like every other iphone and my BB.
    07-01-10 08:05 PM

You sound just like me. I have a 9700, an 8GB iPod touch, and an 8Gb iPhone 3G. Im selling all of them and upgrading to the i4 on August 7, when my next upgrade on one of my lines is due. IMO, since I dont use the 9700 for business purposes, the i4 is going to replace all these devices.
    07-01-10 08:16 PM
    I'm am thinking of of the iP4 and I now carry my iPod and my phone with me at work, but the iP4 would take care of both.

And now that I just heard about the NetFlix App that allows you to watch your Netflix Instsant Movies over 3G and WiFi, that would be really cool.

07-01-10 08:52 PM
    there is a app called pMessenger with a pin number that is currently available for iPhone and BB devices and soon android that kinda resembles bbm in many ways... and the paid version was recently free ... check it out..
    I was just checking out pMessenger in the App store and it looks pretty good. Does ATT charge you for texting with this app?
    07-01-10 10:24 PM
    There is also Meebo. It does yahoo, Google Talk, AIM and other chat/text programs. Meebo is free....I have been using it now for about 3 months and have not had any problems.
    07-02-10 12:09 PM
    There is also Meebo. It does yahoo, Google Talk, AIM and other chat/text programs. Meebo is free....I have been using it now for about 3 months and have not had any problems.
    I'm looking for a good free chat/text program. Does AT&T charge text rates when you use programs like Meebo and pMessenger or is it free?
    07-02-10 12:17 PM
    Text rates do not apply.
    07-02-10 12:27 PM
    Text rates do not apply.
    That's good news. Thanks for the quick reply.
    07-02-10 12:30 PM
    Or instant messengers:

AIM/Yahoo/MSN

I'm not having luck with Beejive. It does not 'backround' all of the time.

90 percent of the time when I open Beejive I have to wait about for about a minute (spinning wheel) while it reconnects.

Anyone else? Am I missing a setting?

still searching the forum(s)....
    07-02-10 01:53 PM
    How is pmessenger compared to kik?
    07-02-10 02:08 PM
    I'm not having luck with Beejive. It does not 'backround' all of the time.

90 percent of the time when I open Beejive I have to wait about for about a minute (spinning wheel) while it reconnects.

Anyone else? Am I missing a setting?

still searching the forum(s)....
    Did you update to version 4.0?
    07-02-10 02:09 PM
    Yes Roo, I have 4.0. Thanks.
    07-02-10 02:22 PM
    Or instant messengers:

AIM/Yahoo/MSN

It's hard for me to say how I deal with
    it as I have both several devices,