Hey all, first post here, looks like a solid forum.

I just had a couple of questions that I figured I'd post a thread about in order to clear everything up. I just recently, maybe a week or so ago upgraded my crappy Samsung Alias to a 9330 Curve from Verizon and got a great deal on it, ended up basically not paying anything after rebate.

What I was wondering was how this would stack up against the iPhone that's due out on the 10th of February. Will the price be a straight-up $199 like the site says? Will I basically be able to return this phone within the 30-day return/exchange time frame I have and be able to get the iPhone for the $199, or is this specific price tag only for NEW accounts opened by new Verizon customers? I've had Verizon for about 2-3 years now so I'm not exactly super new. so I am unsure how this'll work.

Overall though, are there extra charges (on top of the standard $15 data plan) the iPhone needs, or anything else worth mentioning? I'm not a "Gotta have the newest stuff" type of guy, though I've always wanted the iPhone 4 since I saw it come out for AT&T however long ago, I'm not very interested in the iPhone 5, or 4G or any of that stuff, I'd just like to be able to grab this phone as is come February 10th.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for the wordiness.
    01-23-11 12:05 AM
    The $199 will only be for new customers and full upgrades. The full price tag is around $500-550.

The i4 will beat it in multimedia, especially web browsing, but won't have push email and BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 12:27 AM
    The $199 will only be for new customers and full upgrades. The full price tag is around $500-550.

The i4 will beat it in multimedia, especially web browsing, but won't have push email and BBM.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

So me not being a new customer rules that out, what do you mean by "Full Upgrades" exactly? Does that mean if I return my Blackberry within its 30 day exchange time frame I'll be able to get the iPhone since it'll be considered still an upgrade for me?

Also what is BBM and Push Email exactly?

Thanks again mate!
    01-23-11 12:58 AM
    BBM is BlackBerry Messenger. As far as phone IMs, it has a full set of features: group chatting, file, picture sharing.

Push email is where BlackBerry Servers push email content to your device, as opposed to the traditional pulling of content - wherein, the device pulls the chain of an email server for its content ever so often.
    01-23-11 01:27 AM
    I would say return the BB now. I think VZW changed the return policy to 14 days beginning Jan. 16th. Also, if you were eligible for an upgrade when u upgraded to the BB, your upgrade will be re-applied if you return the phone. Also, if you were eligible for your NE2, you can use it towards the purchase of the iPhone. So, if I were you and you really want the iPhone, I would return the BB ASAP. Good Luck.
    01-23-11 09:17 AM
    Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

So me not being a new customer rules that out, what do you mean by "Full Upgrades" exactly? Does that mean if I return my Blackberry within its 30 day exchange time frame I'll be able to get the iPhone since it'll be considered still an upgrade for me?

Also what is BBM and Push Email exactly?

Thanks again mate!
    Hey, if your none the wiser for BBM and Push email... its obviously not important to you, which is not a bad thing. In that case, If I were you I would try to return the Curve and get the iPhone.
    01-23-11 12:59 PM

Misinformation...crazy.. the i4 DOES do push email..
    01-23-11 04:33 PM
    +1

10 chars.
    01-23-11 08:08 PM
    Indeed. Set it up as an exchange activesync account and it's immediate.

iOS: Exchange ActiveSync Account Quick Setup Guide
    01-23-11 08:41 PM

the misinformation never ceases to amaze me lol
    01-24-11 11:54 AM
    Agree...
    I have active sync on our hosted exchange server and I've been testing this with my ipod touch (in lieu of getting my iphone 4 via Verizon) and it works fine.
    I actually get the email on my iPod before my BB (both off the same server).
    01-24-11 11:59 AM
    I had another question, so since Verizon changed their return policy on January 16th to 14 days instead of 30, and I bought my blackberry on the 10th of January, is it still 30 days for me? I was hoping i'd be able to walk in on the 10th or even pre-order on the 3rd of February to get the iphone.
    01-30-11 07:16 PM
    I had another question, so since Verizon changed their return policy on January 16th to 14 days instead of 30, and I bought my blackberry on the 10th of January, is it still 30 days for me? I was hoping i'd be able to walk in on the 10th or even pre-order on the 3rd of February to get the iphone.
    You should be fine, since it happened before your purchase. I would be seriously upset if they wouldn't let me return it, that would be a breach of the contract from their side and I would definetely be able to sue them if they would dare not allow you to return your phone. But why don't you walk in into a phone dealer shop and just ask them, I'm sure they would, they are well aware of the rules.
    01-31-11 12:02 AM
    You should be fine, since it happened before your purchase. I would be seriously upset if they wouldn't let me return it, that would be a breach of the contract from their side and I would definetely be able to sue them if they would dare not allow you to return your phone. But why don't you walk in into a phone dealer shop and just ask them, I'm sure they would, they are well aware of the rules.

Cool, and what's the February 3rd preorder thing all about? Starting that day can we purchase it, or? Do we still have to wait until the 10th to pick it up? I didn't see much info about the pre-order event.
    01-31-11 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD