What I get from your your post is that you think you're a tech geek, but you're not. Do you know that with a $10 app and a $50 dongle you can use your iPad to manage enterprise networking equipment to include Sun Netra servers ? Apple is also taking over the business market. It's a superior product. (I am talking about the iPad only. I am a dedicated BB phone user.) Instead of being sad, why not buy an iPad and several shares of Apple stock ? Try out iTunes U and the new interactive text books. Oh, and for Apple to win, RIM does not have to lose, there is plenty of business for both companies to succeed.
    Hey thanks for letting me know, I didn't know you had to be a tech geek to post on these forums, really! Now that I know though, ill take your tech geekiness advice and go buy myself an iPad and use what I believe is a headache of a software (itunes) and ill get all iBook
    s up in here, interactive and everything with 10gb+ /ibook. It sounds all great to me.

I appreciate your opinion, but next time don't be such a d bag about it. You're talking like you know everything. I don't want a big iPhone with crappier cameras and an even worse display.
    02-15-12 09:36 AM
    Personally I like the idea of a smaller iPad! 7 or 8 inches is a better size in my opinion, which is part of the reason I choose the PB over an iPad 2. Of course I have since obtained (via trade) an iPad 1.
    02-15-12 09:42 AM
    I'm sure if they do make one it will sell even though we all know what someone said.

Given that, I didn't want a 10" ipad and don't want an 8" one either. I however might think about a 10" playbook for at home use and keep the 7"er for on the go.
    02-15-12 09:55 AM
    Hey thanks for letting me know, I didn't know you had to be a tech geek to post on these forums, really! Now that I know though, ill take your tech geekiness advice and go buy myself an iPad and use what I believe is a headache of a software (itunes) and ill get all iBook
    s up in here, interactive and everything with 10gb+ /ibook. It sounds all great to me.

I appreciate your opinion, but next time don't be such a d bag about it. You're talking like you know everything. I don't want a big iPhone with crappier cameras and an even worse display.
    No one said that you had to be a tech geek to post on these forums, but you made reference to 'average consumer' who doesn't know anything about technology. And your analogy is far from the truth in the real world.

Some people buy other devices because they don't know what tablets are capable of. Then they call themselves tech geeks or power users and post bs on websites. Playing WOW or Flash based games does not make someone a power user.

iTunes isn't bad, this d bag will be more than happy to give you a hand with it if needed.
    02-15-12 10:01 AM
    i dont use itunes. My analogy is pretty fair, and in my opinion pretty true. Yours on the other hand is totall fallous and completely irrational. You are really painting a picture of me? You are a smart*ss, plain and simple, really dont get what your problem is, dude.

The average consumer will buy an iPad because it IS the default. Many people do not educate themselves. They go to the store and buy what is popular because even though they know nothing, what they do know is that the ipad works, and so that makes the choice easier for them. Many people call all tablets 'ipads' and fullscreen smartphones 'iphones' just like everyone calls a tissue 'kleenex'. You see, this isnt about tech geeks. The average consumer is not a god damn tech geek. (clearly your analogy proves this). This is about marketing, and achieving a target market, which is exactly what apple would be doing. People that are informed about technology will choose alternatives to the ipad bcz lets face it, the ipad really aint all that, and it doesnt 'just work'. And the sales show, because consumers dont know what the ipad can do and what it cannot do. They do not know that almost every other tablet supports flash. They do not know that the cameras suck, they do not know that almost the whole competition can display thru hdmi. They do not know that there equal or better alternatives for their needs out there. If you are willing to prove me wrong on this, fine, but dont fricken come back here with another smart*ss post or a speculation, because i could tell you right now that the picture you painted of me is false.
    Last edited by apengue1; 02-15-12 at 11:17 AM.
    02-15-12 11:15 AM
    Cut the carp guys! No need for insults and arguing.
    02-15-12 11:55 AM
    I agree with all of your points except #2. iphone's, Ipads DO crash and lockup. I know I have seen them do it. And so does Itunes....and let's not forget that famous screen when the device is in recovery mode....

Apple is not infallible they just have a cult following that believe that there product is made by God Almighty...not the serpent from the garden that lured Eve with the ...Apple...

The iSheep argument will take you only so far. When you stop repeating the same old mantra of "cult following" and look at the various cultures outside of the US calmouring for Apple products you'll realize the non sheep out weigh the flock.

It wouldn't hurt RIM to have millions of rimsheep, or is the term dingleberries?

My 7 incher fits in most of my pockets, anything else is just too big!!
    This kind of information should be kept private and never delayed to any female you may have eyes on.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02-15-12 at 05:28 PM.
    02-15-12 05:21 PM
    1. The average consumer will buy an iPad because it IS the default.
    2. Many people do not educate themselves.
    3. They go to the store and buy what is popular because even though they know nothing, what they do know is that the ipad works, and so that makes the choice easier for them.
    4. Many people call all tablets 'ipads' and fullscreen smartphones 'iphones' just like everyone calls a tissue 'kleenex'.
    5. People that are informed about technology will choose alternatives to the ipad bcz lets face it, the ipad really aint all that, and it doesnt 'just work'.
    6. And the sales show, because consumers dont know what the ipad can do and what it cannot do.
    7. They do not know that almost every other tablet supports flash.
    8. They do not know that the cameras suck, they do not know that almost the whole competition can display thru hdmi.
    9. They do not know that there equal or better alternatives for their needs out there.

You seem to know a lot about what people don't know. I listed some of your "knowledge points" for easier reading.

For items 2, first part of line 3, 5, 7, the first part of line 8 and line 9 do you have any proof to back up what you say people don't know? Do you do interviews, mind read, crystal ball?

For item 1: True, the iPad is the default.
    For item 3, second part, you say "what they do know is the ipad works, so it makes the choice easier for them". Do buy things you know don't work? Is that why you have a Playbook with no PIM?

For the last part of line 8, here's something you don't know:
    Apple Digital AV Adapter

It would appear that going on three years of iPad record sales, some of what "people don't know" would be known by the public by now. Maybe it's you who don't know what people don't know.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02-15-12 at 06:58 PM.
    02-15-12 06:56 PM
    I don't usually post stuff like this, but apengue is correct with his statements. I have worked at Best Buy and 98% of customers would come in and ask for iCrap. I would ask them why they wanted the iCrap and they just said "because". So then I would show them other devices and people would be like "I didn't know this or that even existed". The reason that Apple sells so many devices is because you have people looking for "kleenex" and non-commission sales people that sell it to them. It's all a cycle, BlackBerry use to have the same thing, people would ask for "BlackBerry" but they just were looking for smartphones/handheld email devices.

That being said, iCrap is overpriced and overhyped, but they are solid products, but I will never own one (I can't stand my wife owning an iPhone, and will get her out of it soon, same with everyone I know when I show them the real power a handheld device should provide, not limit.)
    02-15-12 08:20 PM
    You seem to know a lot about what people don't know. I listed some of your "knowledge points" for easier reading.

For items 2, first part of line 3, 5, 7, the first part of line 8 and line 9 do you have any proof to back up what you say people don't know? Do you do interviews, mind read, crystal ball?

For item 1: True, the iPad is the default.
    For item 3, second part, you say "what they do know is the ipad works, so it makes the choice easier for them". Do buy things you know don't work? Is that why you have a Playbook with no PIM?

For the last part of line 8, here's something you don't know:
    Apple Digital AV Adapter

It would appear that going on three years of iPad record sales, some of what "people don't know" would be known by the public by now. Maybe it's you who don't know what people don't know.
    Actually, I did my research on this month ago, and I know about the A/V adapter, but you have to pay extra for that on top of the premium price of the ipad. I love it when people deeply analyze my posts.

Thank you Scott for agreeing with me, and its reassuring knowing you work/worked at Best Buy. Sinsin is right, I have no actual proof to back up my statements, but it makes a lot of sense to me and to many other people, I'm sure. Its like if you are presented with 2 brands of batteries, say Duracell and unknown brand and they are exactly the same price, which would you choose? The 'other' brand could be energizer (samsung or RIM in tablet world), but if this person in question somehow never heard of energizer (which is whats happening in the tablet market) then why would he choose it? Technology is never a market where the average joe knows much about
    Last edited by apengue1; 02-15-12 at 09:40 PM.
    02-15-12 09:32 PM
    Blackberry Forever!
    02-16-12 03:45 AM
    I don't usually post stuff like this, but apengue is correct with his statements. I have worked at Best Buy and 98% of customers would come in and ask for iCrap. I would ask them why they wanted the iCrap and they just said "because". So then I would show them other devices and people would be like "I didn't know this or that even existed". The reason that Apple sells so many devices is because you have people looking for "kleenex" and non-commission sales people that sell it to them. It's all a cycle, BlackBerry use to have the same thing, people would ask for "BlackBerry" but they just were looking for smartphones/handheld email devices.

That being said, iCrap is overpriced and overhyped, but they are solid products, but I will never own one (I can't stand my wife owning an iPhone, and will get her out of it soon, same with everyone I know when I show them the real power a handheld device should provide, not limit.)
    So you are going to try and take something away from your wife that she enjoys using, just because you do not like Apple products?

Interesting. Happy wife equals happy life. If she is already happy with it, you might as well just keep it that way.

And your use of "iCrap" every single time you mention an Apple product is kind of disturbing.
    02-16-12 10:01 AM
    So is RIM job..
    02-16-12 11:48 AM
    So you are going to try and take something away from your wife that she enjoys using
    Yep, cause mine is better than any Apple product
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 02-16-12 at 11:58 AM.
    02-16-12 11:52 AM
    So is RIM job..
    Yes it is. Simply stating the company or products name is much easier and much more respectful. The other way is just asking for an argument.

Yep, cause mine is better than any Apple product
    That's great, but forcing a product on someone when they are already satisfied with something else is just rude. Especially when the reason you want them to switch is because you don't like the product. If my significant other tried to do this to me I would be pretty pissed off considering I can make up my own mind.
    02-16-12 12:04 PM

Actually, I did my research on this month ago, and I know about the A/V adapter, but you have to pay extra for that on top of the premium price of the ipad. I love it when people deeply analyze my posts.

Thank you Scott for agreeing with me, and its reassuring knowing you work/worked at Best Buy. Sinsin is right, I have no actual proof to back up my statements, but it makes a lot of sense to me and to many other people, I'm sure. Its like if you are presented with 2 brands of batteries, say Duracell and unknown brand and they are exactly the same price, which would you choose? The 'other' brand could be energizer (samsung or RIM in tablet world), but if this person in question somehow never heard of energizer (which is whats happening in the tablet market) then why would he choose it? Technology is never a market where the average joe knows much about
    Lol. So we have two random people who agree with each other based on their own random experiences. OK it's official, apengue1 and Scott agree. That's the only thing provable.
    02-16-12 03:54 PM
    So you are going to try and take something away from your wife that she enjoys using, just because you do not like Apple products?

Interesting. Happy wife equals happy life. If she is already happy with it, you might as well just keep it that way.

And your use of "iCrap" every single time you mention an Apple product is kind of disturbing.
    Maybe he doesn't like the fact the iOS as number of "HoneyDo" apps. LOL. By getting rid of the iPhone, he can have his weekend's free to post iCrap nonsense on Crackberry.com.
    scott.slater likes this.
    02-16-12 05:10 PM
    Welll I guess you've taken the d-bag route with me. Last time I checked, I don't see anybody agreeing with you Its funny, in a way, I had complimented Apple on how I think they would continue to dominate the market if they came out with a smaller, lower priced iPad. On the other hand, I get trolled because apparently, my posts are just not 'iWay' enough for you.

Im gonna go out on a limb here.. but do you actually own all those devices you state under your name, sinsin?

And ive searched for some of your posts, and you definitely play the 'where is your proof? Pure speculation. Any verifiable numbers to backup your statements?' card A LOT. the dude worked at bestbuy, he experienced real life experiences. Where is your proof? Do you even have an opinion? Are my opinions not good enough for you? What are you doing here? Its funny how many posts on these forums turn very hostile very quickly lately. Really makes one wonder. Maybe I should put on my Apple hat so that I can start thinking in the 'Macintosh' way and hopefully start resolving these issues to your cult's liking. Btw i hope your next post supports 'verifiable numbers' , proof, and 'no speculation'.
    02-16-12 06:03 PM
    That's great, but forcing a product on someone when they are already satisfied with something else is just rude. Especially when the reason you want them to switch is because you don't like the product. If my significant other tried to do this to me I would be pretty pissed off considering I can make up my own mind.
    Think of it this way, Apple does this as well with their marketing. They make these devices seem better then they are, and force feed their product names (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.) into our brains, making them ingrained in everyday speech almost, just like how BlackBerry and computer are or were. Do you honestly think their devices would sell as many as they do if they didn't market the crap out of them, no way it would.

I work in sales, and so often people will ask for iSomething, then you start asking what I call qualifying questions and you quickly realize that most people don't actually know what they want, they just see what "everyone" (i.e. commercials) else has and wants it as well. This Apple faze will be a fad just like the French Roll and Member's Only jackets.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/im...2RWQOyiG6EM7Fg
    02-16-12 07:35 PM
    Think of it this way, Apple does this as well with their marketing. They make these devices seem better then they are, and force feed their product names (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.) into our brains, making them ingrained in everyday speech almost, just like how BlackBerry and computer are or were. Do you honestly think their devices would sell as many as they do if they didn't market the crap out of them, no way it would.

I work in sales, and so often people will ask for iSomething, then you start asking what I call qualifying questions and you quickly realize that most people don't actually know what they want, they just see what "everyone" (i.e. commercials) else has and wants it as well. This Apple faze will be a fad just like the French Roll and Member's Only jackets.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/im...2RWQOyiG6EM7Fg
    The thing is Apple isn't forcing anyone to buy their products. Marketing helps but quality matters as well. The products Apple sells very well have excellent satisfaction ratings.

Trendy people will always be that way. They will buy whatever because someone else has it or because someone else said so. This doesn't just happen with Apple products. This was happening a few years ago with BBs when the options were limited in the smartphone market.
    Last edited by avt123; 02-16-12 at 08:44 PM.
    02-16-12 08:42 PM
    Welll I guess you've taken the d-bag route with me. Last time I checked, I don't see anybody agreeing with you Its funny, in a way, I had complimented Apple on how I think they would continue to dominate the market if they came out with a smaller, lower priced iPad. On the other hand, I get trolled because apparently, my posts are just not 'iWay' enough for you.

Im gonna go out on a limb here.. but do you actually own all those devices you state under your name, sinsin?

And ive searched for some of your posts, and you definitely play the 'where is your proof? Pure speculation. Any verifiable numbers to backup your statements?' card A LOT. the dude worked at bestbuy, he experienced real life experiences. Where is your proof? Do you even have an opinion? Are my opinions not good enough for you? What are you doing here? Its funny how many posts on these forums turn very hostile very quickly lately. Really makes one wonder. Maybe I should put on my Apple hat so that I can start thinking in the 'Macintosh' way and hopefully start resolving these issues to your cult's liking. Btw i hope your next post supports 'verifiable numbers' , proof, and 'no speculation'.
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."...Marcello Truzzi

"I know," "I claim", "I bet", "I guarantee" "I'm in technology"...what do the mean on a forum. Not much. As they say "Pics or it didn't happen".

In regard to my proof, I made no extraordinary claims.

When you stick to facts and not make outrageous claims as to what people don't know, you can avoid this trap too. If I offended you I apologize.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02-16-12 at 11:57 PM.
    02-16-12 10:32 PM
    My 7 incher fits in most of my pockets, anything else is just too big!!
    thats what she said
    02-25-12 08:01 AM
    I love the size of my PB and would look at a similar size tablet from any competitor when its time to make another tablet purchase. I'll most likely buy another smartphone at the same time.

Having said that I refuse to pay $600 to $800 (including tax and a case cdn) for a tablet. They simply are not worth it IMHO and its not because I can't afford it.
    02-25-12 04:13 PM
    apple just taking a page out of a competitor's playbook.its called a business strategy.the 8 inch would offer portability for apple lovers.its a chess game in the business world.each company's moves will be based on evaluating its competition.its a never ending saga with rim,apple,samsung,windows etc. going head to head with each other.the ipad 3 is going to create such a drama and sell like hotcakes for months.
    02-27-12 02:27 AM
    I agree to that. Noone really needs an 8 inch iPad. A cheaper real iPad would be great, but this? nah
    02-27-12 03:49 AM
100 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD