rumors...

Samsung says the iPad Mini is coming in time for Christmas, display suppliers named - GSMArena Blog

this would be very interesting indeed...i would consider it...

i would also consider a nokia WP tab in similar sizes if ever released..but ipad has a huge head start in terms of apps..
    03-06-12 03:31 AM
    I'm sure there is a market for a 7" iPad, and with the cost being somewhere in line with other 7" tablets, this makes it an attractive package Personally after using an iPad for a while, the display of the 7" model would be too small for my taste.
    03-06-12 06:00 AM
    I have to agree with Pilsbury. I used a BlackBerry Playbook for about 4 days, and I had no choice but to get rid of it and go back to my iPad II...
    03-06-12 06:09 AM
    I'm sure there is a market for a 7" iPad, and with the cost being somewhere in line with other 7" tablets, this makes it an attractive package Personally after using an iPad for a while, the display of the 7" model would be too small for my taste.
    it depends..

i think the 10 inch and 7 inch both have different uses. where the 10 inch is better for people with weaker vision/like to read on larger screens/watch movies/better for kids perhaps for education/better for writing etc the 7 inch (i have the PB) is great for portability. i travel a bit and i would rather be holding a 7inch in my hand instead of the larger one which gets heavier. the smaller tab allows you to hold it in any manner you want and not purely on a stand.

i actually like both sizes and i can relate to the use of both sizes. lets wait and see to find out if this is true...it will sell either way...
    03-06-12 06:50 AM
    I got to play around with a buddy's PlayBook for a while and it was just too much of a difference. I just couldn't get used to the smaller size. He did get a great deal on it though, got it at Radio Shack for around $200.
    03-06-12 08:12 AM
    ......i would rather be holding a 7inch in my hand instead of the larger one which gets heavier.........
    ...excuse me???????
    madman0141 likes this.
    03-09-12 11:11 AM
    Me personally, I think a 7" iPad would be more versatile. 7" screen still great for movies, pictures, web surfing, email, etc.
    03-10-12 05:18 PM
    I think the current size of the iPad is perfect. I think anything bigger or smaller wouldn't be right.
    FSeverino likes this.
    04-05-12 10:41 PM
    I'm not sure if I would want a 7 inch iPad. I'm certain I would not go out and by one as long as I have the regular iPad. However if I was a first-time buyer I really don't know which way I would go. I actually like having double the screen size of these 7 inch tablets and it might be difficult to take that step backwards.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 08:59 AM
    While I'm not interested in the iPad I think there are many that would like the size better for taking it with you.
    04-06-12 09:10 AM
    Apple want to repeat Smasung Note and Galxy Tablet success, but I don't think that iPad will remain to be a premium class tablet ofter size reduction.
    Last edited by Hayesse; 04-13-12 at 08:53 AM.
    04-12-12 04:57 AM
    If they cannot make a better pad they can always copy the best.
    04-12-12 05:02 AM
    So they are going to copy themselves now o.0
    04-12-12 08:59 AM
    Apple want to repeat Smasung Note and Galxy Tablet success, but I don't think that iPad will remain to be a premium class tablet ofter size reduction.
    What? Galaxy Tablet success? You do realize the iPad way more successful than the Galaxy Tab right?

If Apple makes a 7 inch iPad it is because they are just catering to the crowd that wants a smaller tablet. Not because the 7 inch tablets are successful. 10 inch tablets are the most successful.
    04-12-12 09:17 AM
    So, after Steve Jobs said "we have done extensive research. the 7" tablet is DOA. Trust me" we may now see it from the iOS team. Interesting.

Steve Jobs also said when launching the iPad1 "why would you want cameras on it? it would be like taking a picture with a clipboard" even though it already had a camera slot built in.

But hey, if people need to upgrade it is more money for Apple. That along with price fixing is enough reason for me not to buy it.
    04-12-12 09:32 AM
    Are you trying to refer to the PlayBook? The iPad is the best tablet on the market. There are no questions about this. It has the best ecosystem, top of the line hardware, the best screen and a 95+% user satisfaction rating.

The PlayBook is a great tablet as well, but it just isn't really there yet. Once the ecosystem and software matures, it will definitely be a contendor. As of right now, it is one of the best tablets on the market, but it is still behind the iPad, and iPad 2.

That being said, when I was going to buy a tablet, I was going to get the PlayBook. I realized my phone can still do basically every single thing these tablets can do so I have no use for one. Also, I prefer using my laptop (MacBook Pro) over tabets as of right now.
    04-12-12 09:32 AM
    I would buy a 7" iPad in a heartbeat (at a decent price of course...under $300).

Already having a Playbook, I couldn't imagine carrying anything bigger.

The Playbook is super portable and lightweight that I can take it EVERYwhere. Its much easier to hold and play games on too.
    04-18-12 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD