do you think Apple can make it possible??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 04:12 PM
    If they are, it will only be marketed as a gaming device. They are probably testing it with gamers to see if it's worth it to fragment the iOS system.
    04-06-12 04:19 PM
    A 7" iPad could be a large iPod Touch...

The swiping QNX UI is better and by the time BB10 phones come out the playbook will have several great OS updates.

TAT is very good at UI design
    04-06-12 04:28 PM
    So you think we can put QNX on it?
    04-06-12 04:36 PM
    do you think Apple can make it possible??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Why would they want to?

No need to enter the 7' inch market. They don't sell as many tabs as the 10' does.
    04-06-12 04:41 PM
    I'll think they will make it just to try to crush all the competition.
    They're crushing the competition now. And they do care about losing money.
    04-06-12 04:42 PM
    Trying to use another tablet after being spoilt by the PlayBooks swipe gestures and buttonless operations is a rather frustrating affair! I even find myself swiping away on my 9900 at times
    04-06-12 04:43 PM
    Just saw this. A 7" screen might be the remote control for the new iPanel television set

Apple's mythical TV could be called 'iPanel'

Summary: I�m not even convinced that Apple needs to make a TV.

Another day, another TV-related Apple rumor. This time Jefferies analyst Peter Misek wades in with speculation that Apple�s entry into the TV market will be called �iPanel.�

Misek had this to say in a research note quoted by sister-site CNET:

�We now believe the iTV could be called �iPanel� as it is far more than a TV; it is a display, gaming center, media hub, computer, home automator, etc. Also, Apple would likely have difficulty getting naming rights from the UK TV network ITV.�

A few thoughts spring from this.

The first is that I�m pretty certain that the name �iPanel� is a guess shot in the dark, much like the iTV name that�s been thrown around previously. That �could� is a giveaway, and it�s not a name that has ever been associated with an Apple television previously.

Misek is throwing everything into this �iPanel� in an attempt to jazz up the idea. The television itself is just a small part of the equation here, but it�s also the unnecessary bit. Gaming, media hub, computer: these are all applications already covered by existing Apple technology that can connect to any TV. Apart from the actual display part, I�m still left wondering why any this needs to be a full-blown TV rather than a small box that connects to any TV that has an HDMI port, like the Apple TV or a Mac mini.

I�m surprised that there�s no mention or Siri or some Kinect-esque hand waving controller. This suggestion has been at the heart of most Apple TV rumors since the technology made an appearance on the iPhone 4S.

A �home automator� is an interesting idea, and it�s quite original, but that is such a niche market that I really can�t see Apple getting into something like that. There are simply too many variables to accommodate.

Misek also wades in with speculation � based on analysis of building permits and satellite images � that Apple is planning to double the size of its already massive North Carolina data center, and that this capacity will be devoted to television content. This may be the case, but what Misek fails to point out is that the new Apple TV with its support for 1080p could offer a reason why Apple might want to expand its data center.

I�ve talked a lot about Apple TV rumors here, and each rumor leaves me feeling cold. There�s nothing compelling or innovative about any of the rumored Apple TVs, iTVs; or iPanels guessed at by analysts and pundits. It reminds me of all the iPhone speculation before the device was officially announced. Almost all the speculation was inside-the-box thinking and derivative.

I�m not even convinced that Apple needs to make a TV. Using similar logic you could argue that Apple needs to make car stereos � or even the whole car � when in reality all it needs to do is make devices that can connect to car stereos (for example, iPods, iPhones and iPads, and leave the actual stereo part for others to handle.

The seed for a number of these TV rumors comes from another rumor that Apple is buying up 32-inch LCD panels. My betting is that these panels will end up in 32-inch iMac units and not TVs.

If Apple is working on a TV or an �iPanel� or whatever, one thing I�m certain of is that it�s not going to be anything like the Franken-TV being guessed at by pundits and analysts.
    04-06-12 07:37 PM
    I really don't understand why in CrackBerry we see more posts regarding Apple products than BB ones...
    04-06-12 07:41 PM
    I really don't understand why in CrackBerry we see more posts regarding Apple products than BB ones...
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    Sun-tzu. Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC).
    04-06-12 08:14 PM
    Just saw this. A 7" screen might be the remote control for the new iPanel television set
    There's already an app that can control every function of Apple TV from the iPhone or the iPad.

There's no 7' iPad coming. Unless the 7' market grows dramatically in the next few months, what reason would they have to expend the resources and time to develop a product that not many are asking for?
    04-06-12 08:23 PM
    because it tends to be that BB users want to know info about everything they can?
    04-06-12 11:40 PM
    Considering apple's games selection still pales in comparison to what's available for the pc I think most people will stick with the xbox and playstation on the tv
    04-07-12 11:56 AM
    I wouldn't get a 7" iPad. I have the Playbook and just bought the new iPad and after using the iPad more and more the 7" screen is too small.
    04-09-12 11:00 AM
    A 7" iPad could be a large iPod Touch...
    And the 10" version is not?
    04-09-12 12:34 PM
    "7-inch iPad on track for October 2012 release, $200 to $250 price"

This from the imore site. Not advocating Apple in any shape or form, but this may put a nail into the playbook coffin if this speculation holds true. I wish RIM and the Blackberry brand nothing but the best of luck. Again I don't want to sound like a naysayer but Thorsten and Co. have a real tough road ahead which makes me upset as it is a Canadian company.
    05-10-12 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD