IPhone in the Enterprise: 5 Shortcomings - PCWorld

Here is 5 major shortcomings the iPhone has and why many companies are still not mass employing it to workers.
    08-10-10 04:54 PM
    Sounds like most of those gripes are the vast minority or corporate users who are required to keep a minimum amount of security and archives by law.
    08-10-10 06:20 PM
    Well I mean the iPhone does pose some serious security flaws
    08-10-10 08:14 PM
    It may, but classifying "enterprise" into one model makes no sense either.

Different companies and professions demand different levels of security.
    08-10-10 08:18 PM
    Even the President of the United States stated that his people
    were looking into getting the iPhone approved for use instead
    of his BlackBerry, which I find interesting. If he does get it,
    then I'm sure the security gap is closing.

He was on the view when he said that.
    08-10-10 09:48 PM
    Good article. Obviously Apple is very aware of this. But Apple has reasons for their decisions. Maybe 2 or 3 of those points will finally be possible for future iPhones or the iOS but I won't lose sleep if they won't. Apple has a way of doing things and there are no complaints about how the iPhone works on some work environments. May not be as bulletproof as RIM's enterprise system but Apple sure isn't racing towards that goal . However if all Apple employees use 9700s in their offices, then we have an issue.

Btw, I think I recall PCWorld publish an article months ago about the iPad (future Apple slate) not destined to do well.
    08-10-10 09:51 PM
    But itouch or iphone device as pos is ready for business as such clothes, skateboard, ticket, on and on shall take over..
    08-10-10 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD