My CDMA iPhone4S through Verizon does not show 4G. It still shows Verizon 3G. I doubht CDMA iPhones will show 4G as it's an HPSA+/GSM thing.

One thing I have noticed is when I bring up Safari, the bookmarks don't pop up automatically. Love that.
    4G is only for the Att Iphone4s I believe.
    03-08-12 12:31 PM
    Same here Battery life is great! I'm at 98% going on 4.5 hrs unreal!
    Mine is great so far. I've answered a couple phone calls and have Sirius going and I'm still at 99% after the update. Amazing.
    03-08-12 01:38 PM
    My update went smoothly on both my iPhone 4S ad our iPad 2.

Took about 15 mins.

Good Luck
    03-08-12 09:57 PM
    My update went smoothly on both my iPhone 4S ad our iPad 2.

Took about 15 mins.

Good Luck
    That's about what mine took. Amazing that the one and only time I ever got an update on an old Curve of mine it took close to an hour to install and reboot.
    03-09-12 08:48 AM
    I love that the camera icon is even quicker to access now....
    03-09-12 11:00 AM
    I love that you can now delete photos from the photostream
    Totally stupid question, but what does this mean? I've seen posters and reviewers making this statement since the 5.1 update. Can someone pretty please 'dumb this down' for me??

Like every poster has stated, no major changes and the battery life totally rocks.

Does anyone utilize the LED Flash for alerts? I had mine turned on since day one... coming from the BB9850, I was having "LED notification" withdraw... I had read that with the iPhone, if you reboot your phone, you would have to go back and change that setting, so I finally got used to no flashing light. However, I noticed that the LED will flash with every new text now. So yay for that even though I don't need it
    03-09-12 11:36 AM
    Regarding the photo stream question, if you have iCloud set to backup your photos, you'll notice a new folder in your Photos app called "Photo Stream" that tracks which pictures are backed up to iCloud and your other Apple devices.

Previously, you couldn't delete photos out of the stream. So if you accidentally took a picture of the ground or if the picture was blurry, there was no way to delete it from the stream. With this update you can now delete them, which I'm so happy about.

I don't use the LED alert for the iPhone because it's on the back of the phone. I don't want to have my phone turned over just to see a flashing light. I'm relieved not to be addicted to the flashing light.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    babs1003 likes this.
    03-09-12 12:20 PM
    Regarding the photo stream question, if you have iCloud set to backup your photos, you'll notice a new folder in your Photos app called "Photo Stream" that tracks which pictures are backed up to iCloud and your other Apple devices.

Previously, you couldn't delete photos out of the stream. So if you accidentally took a picture of the ground or if the picture was blurry, there was no way to delete it from the stream. With this update you can now delete them, which I'm so happy about.

I don't use the LED alert for the iPhone because it's on the back of the phone. I don't want to have my phone turned over just to see a flashing light. I'm relieved not to be addicted to the flashing light.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    If I take a picture on my iPhone and it's uploaded to the photo stream and now shows up
    on my iPad, and I delete the photo from the photo stream on my iPhone, is it gone from
    the photo stream all together so that it won't show up on my iPad? I have read that it
    won't. I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
    03-09-12 12:27 PM
    From what I understand, if you delete it from the Photo Stream on your iPhone, it will not delete it from your iPad.
    03-09-12 12:38 PM
    From what I understand, if you delete it from the Photo Stream on your iPhone, it will not delete it from your iPad.
    That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the response.
    03-09-12 12:57 PM
    I have 56 photos in camera roll on my iPhone 4S.
    Bought a new iPad 2 today
    Both devices have Photo stream turned on.
    The 56 photos are not showing up on my iPad.
    So does that mean that only new photos taken will show up on both devices?

TIA
    03-09-12 08:59 PM
    I have 56 photos in camera roll on my iPhone 4S.
    Bought a new iPad 2 today
    Both devices have Photo stream turned on.
    The 56 photos are not showing up on my iPad.
    So does that mean that only new photos taken will show up on both devices?

TIA
    Yes, that is what I recall from my first experience with PhotoStream.

Test by taking one more photo. I suggest a bottle of ketchup.
    03-09-12 09:10 PM
    Yes, that is what I recall from my first experience with PhotoStream.

Test by taking one more photo. I suggest a bottle of ketchup.
    Tks Palmless.
    Good Luck
    03-09-12 10:33 PM
    Well Photo Stream seems to be working well after the new update.

Delete works as it should.

Good Luck
    03-22-12 07:27 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD