Anyone feel Steve & his "A+" upgrade has been reduced to a B- or C+ since the Supersonic was announced?

If so, do you think it's being beefed up even more

or

They're going to release what the original had my

If the latter, do you think it'll be similar, better or lower specs than the SS?
    03-25-10 07:46 AM
    How could we downgrade it to a B or C if don't know what it will be like? All the Android devices are a bit overkill for me. I love the choice and selection but they all pushing them out too quickly and close whereas people are passing up on devices to get the next one because it's already been announced to come out in the next few months. Seriously now, besides average consumers no one should get anything Android on Sprint with the 4G EVO coming out this summer. If you do, you'll be wasting money because you'll want this as soon as it drops. People are even talking about passing up the next devices on Verizon and jump ship to switch to Sprint. And with several AT&T devices supposedly coming in the next few months, I'm certainly not going to jump on the next one as 2 months later there will be one that blows the specs away on the one I have. I have the nexus one now and it seems that anything else that comes out for AT&T will just have slightly different specs and may a new skin but still basically the same phone.

But those are just my thoughts. Either way, I'm still holding my upgrade for the 4th gen iPhone. I hope it does bring a lot of change in the new device. I'd like them to go back to an aluminum finish much like they have done with the macbook, imacs and now iPad. It seems only right that this should have aluminum and there should be no problem with reception if they you can get 3G coverage on an iPad. Also looking for some more changes in the OS in the next major upgrade. Maybe a little more customizable and of course multi-tasking, and upgraded hardware i.e. faster processor, better camera, screen resolution etc. Pretty much the usual stuff. Other than that I hope little quirks like email and attachments and better calendar are addressed. We will see.

I think the next iPhone probably will not have top specs like some of the Android devices. That wouldn't surprise me because Apple never makes anything that has the best specs around. And plus many of these devices are coming from several different companies so they are all trying to top each other as well. I'm sure Apple will give a fast processor than the 3GS and if they get 1GHZ that will be up their with the Android devices and then in December someone will come out with one that clocks at 1.5Ghz. Same thing with camera, screens etc. This is mainly why Apple focuses on the user experiences more than beefed up specs. I wish we could have both and Apple probably could deliver both but then they'll forward that cost to us. All I need in my life is the specs of the 4G EVO combined with the iPhone OS then I am good. LOL.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-25-10 at 08:30 AM.
    03-25-10 08:17 AM
    If the new iPhone is coming out this Summer (3-4 months), it's probably too late in the production cycle to change anything.

However, they could start working on new software, and roll that out after the new device comes out. Maybe add features, make improvements, etc.
    03-25-10 09:37 AM
    Im thinking that the 4th gen will be all about the experience more so than specs. I am sure the iphone will be integrating some sort of interface that will work with the ipad really well. Multitasking seems to be coming and perhaps the front camera just as the evo.
    I think the 1ghz processor will make it but nothing crazy like 1.5ghz or anything. If you think about what an iphone is compared to an adroind for instance, it's just simple yet effective...just like any other apple product.
    03-25-10 10:05 AM
    Im thinking that the 4th gen will be all about the experience more so than specs. I am sure the iphone will be integrating some sort of interface that will work with the ipad really well. Multitasking seems to be coming and perhaps the front camera just as the evo.
    I think the 1ghz processor will make it but nothing crazy like 1.5ghz or anything. If you think about what an iphone is compared to an adroind for instance, it's just simple yet effective...just like any other apple product.
    Agreed. Apple has always been more about software than hardware. Not to say that's a good or bad thing, but it is what it is.
    03-25-10 10:54 AM
    It's not about specs folks.. Before the iPhone came out there were plenty of phones out with better specs and that didn't mean squat.
    03-25-10 11:47 AM
    It's not about specs folks.. Before the iPhone came out there were plenty of phones out with better specs and that didn't mean squat.
    I agree man. If that was the case for me I'd be using a PC rather than a macbook. It would be nice to have th functionality of the iPhone combined with the hardware of some of the other devices. That would really be a superphone.
    03-25-10 02:00 PM
    I understand we do not have specs on the new iPhone, so I chose the word "feel" and "think" as I wanted an opinion on if anyone has thoughts on if the announcement of the supersonic may effect anything about the iPhone.

I wasn't referring to hardware specs only, but software specs as well; the reason for leaving "hardware" and/or "software" out of the question.

To tell you the truth, aside from the 8MP rear & 1.3MP front facing cams, I am not all that impressed with the device. In fact, software is what I'm always more concerned with as HTC has always had juiced up devices, but the software was never there to go with it.

Example: 1Ghz proc on the n1 vs. my 3Gs proc and I experience no lag what so ever with my 3Gs and do with my n1 at times.

So to answer my question above, I still feel like the 4th gen with keep the A+ grade that Jobs said, in respects to hardware and software.
    03-25-10 02:35 PM
    Apple's software is why people buy their products. Even if the hardware is ****ty compared to the Nexus One, everybody will go for the iPhone. The average person doesn't care about the hardware. They go for the iPhone because of the software.

I couldn't care less about the Supersonic, to be honest. I'm looking forward to seeing the new 4.0 iPhone OS and iPhone 4G.
    03-25-10 03:27 PM
    I understand we do not have specs on the new iPhone, so I chose the word "feel" and "think" as I wanted an opinion on if anyone has thoughts on if the announcement of the supersonic may effect anything about the iPhone.

I wasn't referring to hardware specs only, but software specs as well; the reason for leaving "hardware" and/or "software" out of the question.

To tell you the truth, aside from the 8MP rear & 1.3MP front facing cams, I am not all that impressed with the device. In fact, software is what I'm always more concerned with as HTC has always had juiced up devices, but the software was never there to go with it.

Example: 1Ghz proc on the n1 vs. my 3Gs proc and I experience no lag what so ever with my 3Gs and do with my n1 at times.

So to answer my question above, I still feel like the 4th gen with keep the A+ grade that Jobs said, in respects to hardware and software.

Well when you say "beefed" up I automatically think hardware. I wouldn't refer to software as being "beefed" up as that usually means a physical description. But that's just me. Personally I don't think the SS will have anything to do with what happens on the 4th gen. Apple will do what they want regardless of what people think. I am looking forward to the next gen and in terms of software, it's still the best device out and if you upgrade the hardware, I'm content with some OS tweaks here and there. But that's just me.
    03-25-10 05:30 PM
    I'm sure I'm getting it, but I would really like hardware wise: Xenon flash, Led indicator like the the BB, 5MP camera and "back, menu & home" keys, even if it's like the Nexus one.

Software wise: limited multitasking, notifications like android or at least web os and widgets.

I'd like more, but those are really what I would accept as A+ upgrade.

When I wrote the "beefed" up, I really geared that towards the software as I feel that it would be too late in production to think about upating the hardware too much.
    03-25-10 08:03 PM
    I'm sure I'm getting it, but I would really like hardware wise: Xenon flash, Led indicator like the the BB, 5MP camera and "back, menu & home" keys, even if it's like the Nexus one.

Software wise: limited multitasking, notifications like android or at least web os and widgets.

I'd like more, but those are really what I would accept as A+ upgrade.

When I wrote the "beefed" up, I really geared that towards the software as I feel that it would be too late in production to think about upating the hardware too much.
    I agree. I wouldn't mind a couple soft keys. I doubt a menu key would work since the iPhone OS isn't menu heavy and the only way to change an app settings is to go into the OS settings. This I think is inconvenient at times. I would like them to allow you to change settings while you're in the app. If that's possible then we'd need to have a menu key lol.

Widgets are fine. I go either way on them because the only widget I really find useful for me is weather and calendar. Other than that I don't really care for. But it would be nice to have the option. And yes better notifications and led indicator would be nice as well. I'd rather have them and not need them then need them and not have them
    03-25-10 08:12 PM
    I'm baffled at how a phone can be degraded to a B or C and we havent even seen it yet, or heard specs on it.
    03-25-10 08:26 PM
    I'm baffled at how a phone can be degraded to a B or C and we havent even seen it yet, or heard specs on it.
    Please read post #8. If you did already, then there is no way to "un-baffle" you.
    03-25-10 08:53 PM
    my personal thought is that the 4th gen will be A+.
    03-25-10 10:03 PM
    my personal thought is that the 4th gen will be a+.
    ->
    03-26-10 12:10 AM
    This is my predictions:

Same processor as the ipad (1ghz A4)
    maybe a bump in graphics processor
    64gb model
    rear facing 5mp camera (720p video capture)
    front facing 1.3mp camera
    resolution bump- probably 640x800 (double the current aka VGA)
    HOPEFULLY bigger battery!
    03-26-10 12:47 AM
    Btw... I'm thinking it may even be 128gb/64gb models. Just a thought I had.
    03-26-10 01:07 AM
    Btw... I'm thinking it may even be 128gb/64gb models. Just a thought I had.
    They might just keep it at 64.
    03-26-10 05:44 PM
    This is my predictions:

Same processor as the ipad (1ghz A4)
    maybe a bump in graphics processor
    64gb model
    rear facing 5mp camera (720p video capture)
    front facing 1.3mp camera
    resolution bump- probably 640x800 (double the current aka VGA)
    HOPEFULLY bigger battery!
    Rumors swirl around forthcoming 'iPhone HD'

looks about the same best guess as I had didnt think theyd go 960 pixels, but the more the merrier! 16:9 is even better.

- 960 x 640 resolution display
    - Front-facing camera
    - Third-party multitasking in iPhone OS 4
    - Apple A4 CPU (the next in Apple's new family of systems-on-a-chip, christened with iPad)
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-29-10 at 10:05 PM.
    03-29-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD