Not bad numbers for a weekend...........
    10-17-11 12:45 PM
    Not bad for a phone that was such a disappointment.
    10-17-11 12:56 PM
    holy crow !! thats some incredible numbers

happy to hear that
    10-17-11 01:52 PM
    Those are some really impressive numbers!!
    10-17-11 02:10 PM
    I tried to go to my local AT&T store to buy a screen protector Saturday around noon, and the parking lot was completely full, completely. These poor people, lining up to buy such a shabby device.
    10-17-11 02:11 PM
    Went to my VZW store Friday and walked in and picked mine up. A bunch of folks handing over thier BB's.......It's good to know people. Especially sales people at VZW.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 10-17-11 at 02:27 PM.
    10-17-11 02:24 PM
    Went to my VZW store Friday and walked in and picked mine up. A bunch of folks handing over thier BB's.......It's good to know people. Especially sales people at VZW.
    Rapport is an awesome concept

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-17-11 02:47 PM
    Yes it is I send her customers all the time. So I call her Friday Afternoon and say hey it's Scott thanks for taking care of my friend the other day she really appreciates it. My Rep is like no problem thanks for the business. I was like no problem, hey got a quick question she was like ya whats up? I said how many iPhones you got left? She says hang on let me go check. 16gb black right? i was like yep. She comes back and says 26 do you want me to hold one? I was like please do I am going to CL my iPhone 4 and see what happens she is like ok cool let me know I will be here until 6-6:30. I put my phone on CL and in 30 mins sold it. Told the guy to meet me at store at 6 p.m. 6 p.m. he shows up at store and says you want to do this outside. I was like nope let's go see my salesperson. Walk up to the counter he hands me 250 i give it to her 15 mins later we all walk out with our phones switched and setup.

It was a good day. And I had 37 bucks left to boot. So I bought my wife an Otterbox commutter...
    10-17-11 03:14 PM
    I had a similar experience. Actually pre ordered AND pre sold my i4. I had it sold to a guy here in town who deals in high end smartphones a week before mine came in. It arrived Friday at 2pm, I took my SIM out of my i4, popped it into the i4S, and then sold him the i4 for $300, 15 minutes later. So I got a new i4S ($200 upgrade), and a new Seidio Active X case, and still had $65 in my pocket. A little planning goes a long way.
    Oh, and I ordered my case from Seidio the previous Friday and it arrived Wednesday.
    10-17-11 04:44 PM
    Good deal. I love how our phones hold value......
    10-17-11 04:59 PM
    Me too. I see Captivtes and Inspires on Craigslist for $150 ALL the time. Fail.
    10-17-11 07:32 PM
    wow thats a large number.was at at&t and they don't have any right now.neither do best buy.iphone 4s is very popular right now.anyway when has apple ever disappointed the crowd.a lot of nyc crowd uses iphone.
    10-17-11 08:52 PM
    Good deal. I love how our phones hold value......
    I've only paid for one iPhone. The old one always pays for the new one!
    pilsbury likes this.
    10-17-11 09:07 PM
    Lol iphones the best on resale.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 08:37 AM
    I dunno - the features that are only available in the 4s (faster processor, Siri) don't really speak to me as a 'need' coming from a 4 able to run iOS 5. Maybe as a new device - if absolutely necessary - from, say, the 3 - but really, why? Nothing there earth-shaking in design or implementation.

The only real reason for the purchase that I can see would be strictly as a collector's item - the last product released before Jobs passed away - and as such, only really valuable if left unwrapped, in its box, in factory condition. And then, only in many years to come.

But I fear most of the 4 million bought it not because it could be justified because of this, but rather, their usual reaction of "Ooh, shiny!" that comes from them with every Apple release.

iSheep.
    10-18-11 08:50 AM
    I dunno - the features that are only available in the 4s (faster processor, Siri) don't really speak to me as a 'need' coming from a 4 able to run iOS 5. Maybe as a new device - if absolutely necessary - from, say, the 3 - but really, why? Nothing there earth-shaking in design or implementation.

The only real reason for the purchase that I can see would be strictly as a collector's item - the last product released before Jobs passed away - and as such, only really valuable if left unwrapped, in its box, in factory condition. And then, only in many years to come.

But I fear most of the 4 million bought it not because it could be justified because of this, but rather, their usual reaction of "Ooh, shiny!" that comes from them with every Apple release.

iSheep.
    Beeeehhhh sheep is good for you . Rather, lamb is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 09:28 AM
    The 4s looks like an awesome phone and Siri is awesome. I'm gonna wait for the iphone redesign tho. I have a feeling its gonna be huge and I don't want to be stuck in a contract.
    10-18-11 09:32 AM
    Lol iphones the best on resale.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 09:39 AM
    Apple = Success. It just works.
    10-20-11 02:57 PM

iSheep.

Right, 4 million people bought it because it was shiny, not because they were upgrading from the 3GS they've had for 2 years, not because they were ready for the upgrade from the iP4, and not because they switched from 'droid, 'berry, Palm, WinMo, etc.

My next question is why every single release of a new phone has to be earth shattering in design or implementation? I kinda like this cycle which lines up with every other phone/tech product: new design, improve on it for a bit. Then new design and improve. wash and repeat.

Apparently Apple has though so as well; apparently 4 million in opening weekend numbers supports this thought.

Oh, and another thing, collector's item!?!? Really? Do you want to have an intelligent conversation on Apple's marketing, design, and sales, or would you rather spew nonsense and troll?
    10-20-11 04:58 PM
    ....or would you rather spew nonsense and troll?
    Ha, ha, ha! Booga, booga, booga soccernamlak!
    10-20-11 06:20 PM
    Lol iSheep comments. You do realize BB users do this as well right? Should we call them RIMtards? I bought the 9000 on opening day, and had the 9700 a week before it was officially out.

If RIM had as big of a user base, and as good of marketing (or marketing in general) you might be seeing similar situations.

The iPhone has the highest consumer satisfactions ratings year after year. It is a good device. It just may not be good for you.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-20-11 at 06:50 PM.
    10-20-11 06:46 PM

iSheep.
    Well I notice that you're using an i4. Did you buy it because it was shiny? How long did it take you to come up with that? Oh wait, you better hurry, 4th period just started.
    10-20-11 07:53 PM

iSheep.
    A friend of mine bought an 4s and one of the first things she did with it on Oct 14th was use the great camera to post a photo to facebook of her Storm 2 in her blender. I don't think she actually pressed the button though.
    moiselles likes this.
    10-20-11 08:20 PM
    The 4s looks like an awesome phone and Siri is awesome. I'm gonna wait for the iphone redesign tho. I have a feeling its gonna be huge and I don't want to be stuck in a contract.
    Siri is awesome unless you are an Englishman in New York (or else where in the US), then it kind of sucks.
    10-20-11 08:21 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD