Well I notice that you're using an i4. Did you buy it because it was shiny?
    Actually, I was given the i4 by my cell provider - no charge - to replace a BB!

Two things had happened - 1) Yahoo! (my wireless provider's online partner) announced it would no longer sync with BBs and it does with iOS and, 2) While waiting for my cell provider to make a decision, the BB just died.

Had this not occurred, it was altogether possible my next smartphone could have been an iPhone. Or maybe an Android. Probably not a BB. But I use the iPhone because of the functionality it offered (with the exception of Mail, which still sucks and pointless Apps like Newsstand), not simply because Apple happens to release a new product.

Apple relies on all the free hype (the months of 'well-founded' rumours and counter-rumours on proposed products as reported in the media is literally Gold for them), to ensure people buy into their stuff - regardless of how underwhelming the result actually is.

And yes, I have an iPad, too - sticking with a now-familiar OS rather than learning a completely different one - as suggested by an Apple Business Client Rep, rather than replacing my PC netbook with, say, a MacBook Air.

But, as ever, its just so easy to get Macolytes and iSheep to hyperventilate when one suggests Apple products (and the reasons they buy into them) may not be all that it seems...

10-21-11 08:25 AM
    I bought my 4S because it was shiny.........
    10-21-11 08:34 AM
    I bought my 4S because it was shiny.........

Good to hear.
    10-21-11 08:41 AM
    Flame bait/troll response=FAIL
    Last edited by pilsbury; 10-21-11 at 10:42 AM.
    Accidental Post and lssanjose like this.
    10-21-11 10:24 AM
    I wonder how many sold in a week!
    10-21-11 01:01 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD