What are the main differences between the iphone 3gs and the iphone 4, also, is it worth paying �69 for the 4 when you can get the 3gs for free on the same monthly plan? Answers quickly please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 10:23 AM
    My .002 is to wait until this summer for the iPhone 5. It may or may not be a major upgrade from the 4 but at least then you will be able to compare all 3 and see what is best for you.
    01-20-11 02:19 PM

01-20-11 04:01 PM
    I'd pay for the 4 at that price. The 3Gs is a great phone though and it's not like it's a dinosaur. It's just missing a front facing camera and a couple other minor things. There are rumors about the 5, so maybe you should pick up the 3Gs and wait for the 5 in the mean time.
    01-20-11 04:28 PM
    I'd pay for the 4 at that price. The 3Gs is a great phone though and it's not like it's a dinosaur. It's just missing a front facing camera and a couple other minor things. There are rumors about the 5, so maybe you should pick up the 3Gs and wait for the 5 in the mean time.
    That's not really accurate at all. Apple releases a new phone every summer almost like clock work. The only breaks in that cycle have been the 3GS and the 4 on VZW. By the time the 5 comes out in June the 3GS will be a full 2 generations behind and will as outdated as the 2G is now. If the OP blows their upgrade now on either the 3GS or the 4 then they will have to wait at least 12 months before they will have an upgrade to use again.
    01-20-11 05:08 PM
    agreed crackvegas...you might as wait for the 5 to come out but if you wanna know the biggest differences from the 3gs it would be the processor, front facing camera, retina display or screen resolution and overall shape and look of the phone obviously.
    01-21-11 04:59 AM
    with that said yes its worth paying the extra money for the 4
    01-21-11 05:00 AM
    I say the 4 is worth it. I really don't think we are going to see anything special with the 5 ( 3G to 3GS) type deal.
    If you guys remember SJ was "sick during the period that they were making the 3GS....and now is sick again when they are starting work on the "5" or 4s IMO

I say you ant the 4 get the 4.... no point in waiting..there's always going to be a new phone
    01-21-11 09:48 AM
    You could wait for the 5 if interested in a price reduced 4. Won't come down much, but every bit counts. That said, the 4 will have technology that is good for a few years, so I'd jump on it. Heck the 3GS is still a great device too though.

01-21-11 11:46 PM
    4g by a mile. 3gs does not compare
    01-22-11 06:39 PM
    Ive had a 3G, my son has a 3Gs. Im on my second i4. As others have stated, the i4 is vastly superior to the 3Gs, IMO.
    01-22-11 09:51 PM
    The 3Gs will not support the next IOS so I would say go for the 4. If the 5 comes out and is superior (operates on 4G network?), then you can sell the 4 and pay retail for the 5. I have not done this myself, but so many others sell their used phones for near retail. Are you able to upgrade once a year or once every 18 months? If once per year, you would only have to wait 6 months for the 5. If you cannot upgrade for 18 months or 2 years, then wait for the 5.
    01-23-11 07:22 AM
    agreed crackvegas...you might as wait for the 5 to come out but if you wanna know the biggest differences from the 3gs it would be the processor, front facing camera, retina display or screen resolution and overall shape and look of the phone obviously.
    You also forgot bigger battery and 5mp Camera with Flash
    01-23-11 12:51 PM
    [QUOTE=The Gift;5981241]You also forgot bigger battery and 5mp Camera with Flash[/QUOTE

Very true, the battery on the i4 is 40% better than the 3G and 3Gs. And the camera is the BEST camera I've seen on a smartphone. Plus it has HD video capabilities.
    01-23-11 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD