11-25-10 04:01 PM
30 12
tools
    Well, I decided to take the plunge. Went ahead and got myself a Droid X and going
    to sell my i4. I had tried an Evo, Incredible, and even a Droid 2 in the past and by
    the second day I found myself wanting to go back to my iPhone. The X changes
    all that. This phone is sick fast. Within the first day I rooted and put a custom ROM
    on it which is super fast too. I just don't like keeping up with a jailbreak. And as
    stuaw11 said, I just don't care much anymore for gimmicky things on every .1 update.
    I guess I just had enough.
    11-25-10 02:19 PM
    Cool Undertaker hope you enjoy your new phone.
    The thing is for me..Ip4 does a lot of things great..there's moments that I really appreciate what it offers me. But then there's other times that i want to grab it and smack it against the wall. LOL

For example yesterday I was expecting a very important call... left the phone on my desk, go a coffee, came back continued to work for about 20 mins... I had to remember to look at my screen to see if i missed something...tap the home key and see a what'sapp message from my GF..... let the phone down and continued work was planing to reply later........ When unlocked my phone... i noticed I missed the call i was waiting for...... I was like RALLY apple?

I know i could have unlocked and seen that from the getgo.... but Why? Give me damn notifications... i don't care about Apple TV lol

Another thing is why does it vibrate on my ear when im on a call and i get a message?? can't it wait?

The ip4 is great but like some of you said it's missing A LOT of much needed things
    Last edited by TheBBman; 11-25-10 at 03:06 PM.
    11-25-10 02:58 PM
    Yeah, and usually when people would talk about things such as what you're describing,
    my answer was always the same. Just jailbreak. But jail breaking became a nuisance for
    me. I had to keep up with what was out there, and when time came for a new Apple OS
    I had to redo it and sometimes have to wait a while for a jailbreak to come out. That
    and saving the SHSH blobs and all the backups and things like that. I got tired of it.
    When I tried the Incredible and Droid 2 a couple of months ago I wish I would have had
    the patience to just wait for the Droid X shipping. If I had I wouldn't have even went back.
    I am more than happy with this device.
    11-25-10 03:07 PM
    I did and was Jb for a good period of time....... But like you i got fed up of always missing new Updates or Re jb ect...... Also i found it slowed dowm my phone a little compared to how it was originally...only noticed that when i removed the JB.

i just want things to work...... It's not like we are asking Apple for Voice recognition to unlock (it would cool ) .... we want damn notification lol
    11-25-10 03:27 PM
    Yeah, and usually when people would talk about things such as what you're describing,
    my answer was always the same. Just jailbreak. But jail breaking became a nuisance for
    me. I had to keep up with what was out there, and when time came for a new Apple OS
    I had to redo it and sometimes have to wait a while for a jailbreak to come out. That
    and saving the SHSH blobs and all the backups and things like that. I got tired of it.
    When I tried the Incredible and Droid 2 a couple of months ago I wish I would have had
    the patience to just wait for the Droid X shipping. If I had I wouldn't have even went back.
    I am more than happy with this device.
    Well Ive always been Jailbroken, and GRIP was a decent notification replacement, but the dev stopped supporting it before iOS4. There are still no good notification replacement JB apps out right now.

Ive tried to put together apps that put icons on the top bar for missed calls/email/sms/etc and other notification replacements like Notified with a GRIP-like plugin, but its just not seemless like Android notifications where theyre all in the pull down bar nice and neat and non-buggy like jailbreak apps.

I love to tweak, so I wont mind Android, but Im tired of piece-mealing together jailbreak tweaks to get something not even decent still.

And like BBMan, the cat and mouse jailbreak game is getting old. Eventually I predict Apple will be able to prevent jailbreaking (on the hardware) or make it so difficult that it wont be worth it anymore to wait on.

I also dont know what Apple will do with the hardware for the 5th iphone. I have a bad feeling it will be another 3G->3Gs deal where the hardware changes very little. Since they use their own processor, they wont adopt dual core, Tegra 2, etc. So how much more can they really do with it? Maybe increase capacity which 32gb is still more than enough for me. I dont see them upping the screen size which it could really use- 3.7-4" at least. The 4 is nice hardware, but I get TONS of dropped calls and all that glass makes me really nervous, even with a case on it. Ive never damaged a phone, but one bad little mistake and youre SOL (and no decent insurance offered where you can walk into the carrier and walk out with a new one)

Dont get me wrong, I love my iphone. One of the best smartphones Ive owned by far. But it feels the OS is going stagnant and Apple is more worried about gimmicky features (to their own products like apple TV which I have no desire to buy) and locking down the OS (shown in 4.2.1 where it depends on the baseband making JB and unlocking that much harder) than improving the experience for the user.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-25-10 at 04:18 PM.
    11-25-10 04:01 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD