I currently have a BB Bold and I love it, but I'm an ADD phone geek and I want something new... I was looking at the iphone and I'm thinking about getting one. So my question is this. I have an 8gig memory card in my Bold and its barely full so I don't need a lot of room. What's the difference between the 3GS vs the 3G? The 3G 8 gig is only 49.99 whereas the 3GS 16gig is 199.99. I don't mind paying the extra money but I want to know what I'm getting for that extra money. Any advice?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 07:38 AM
    I currently have a BB Bold and I love it, but I'm an ADD phone geek and I want something new... I was looking at the iphone and I'm thinking about getting one. So my question is this. I have an 8gig memory card in my Bold and its barely full so I don't need a lot of room. What's the difference between the 3GS vs the 3G? The 3G 8 gig is only 49.99 whereas the 3GS 16gig is 199.99. I don't mind paying the extra money but I want to know what I'm getting for that extra money. Any advice?

This pretty much covers it:
    Apple iPhone 3GS - 32GB - black (AT&T) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
    Last edited by dknyberry; 10-01-09 at 08:01 AM.
    10-01-09 07:56 AM
    I have the iPhone 3g 8gig and it personally is plenty enough memory for me, I am also a former BB user. I have about 10 apps and about 20 pics stored on it and I haven't even used 1gig of memory. Granted I don't have a bunch of videos and games like some others do but I figure if I want to play games I can go home and play my ps3.

10-01-09 10:20 AM
    If you plan on jailbreaking and want to do some background app goes with the 3gs. The additional memory make all the difference in the world for keeping your apps running in the background.
    10-01-09 10:43 AM
    The difference between the two is SPEED! Internet is like 10 times as fast and apps/games load so much faster.
    10-01-09 01:26 PM
    Apple - iPhone - Compare iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G

^Here it is off Apples site.

I'd suggest the 3GS. 16G should be good for you. It Works for me because I only sync my music playlists, not my entire library.

If your concern is resale value, go with the 32 gig
    10-02-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD