8GB 3GS is stuck on the Apple logo screen and won't turn on. I can hold the lock and home buttons to shut it off, but it won't reboot unless I press the home button again. I've already tried restoring it from the backup and restoring it as a new phone and the phone remains on the Apple logo screen.

Either there's no Apple Care on it or it's out of warranty, I'm not sure, so I doubt I can get any free support from the actual company.

Can anyone help? This is seriously aggravating.
    10-22-11 04:44 PM
    Sounds like something may be wrong with the device is you have done a fresh restore. If you have had it over a year, then yes you are out of warranty.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much besides trash it or try to sell it. Hopefully I am wrong though.
    10-22-11 09:54 PM
    8GB 3GS is stuck on the Apple logo screen and won't turn on. I can hold the lock and home buttons to shut it off, but it won't reboot unless I press the home button again. I've already tried restoring it from the backup and restoring it as a new phone and the phone remains on the Apple logo screen.

Either there's no Apple Care on it or it's out of warranty, I'm not sure, so I doubt I can get any free support from the actual company.

Can anyone help? This is seriously aggravating.
    Are you near an Apple Store? If so, make an appointment at the Genius Bar. They will do what they can without charge and then will tell you your options.
    10-23-11 12:00 PM
    Grr, why can't I edit?

Also, have you tried this? iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore
    10-23-11 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD