So, I currently have a bold 9780. Lots of problems. I am on my third replacement phone right now and its giving me hardware problems again. Now Rogers wants to charge me replacement fees. I regret buying the BB now....I love it, but hate it at the same time. Going to Iphone now.

Heres the question. I have a friend who's going to buy the iphone5 when it hits stores. He currently has a 3GS in great condition. He says its mine for free when he gets the 5. I am locked in a contract and only 5 months into it so a hardware upgrade is out of the question so I will be paying probably close to retail or market value for a used iphone 4.

Is it better to pay $400+ for a iphone4 when I can get the 3GS for free? I know the 4 is better in many respects, but is it "pass up the free 3GS" better?

Thanks
    07-23-11 09:37 PM
    3Gs.

If you want, sell the 9780 and use the 3Gs and 9780 money to buy iP5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 09:43 PM
    Tough decision.

The iP4 is a much better phone than the 3G(s) in almost every respect. In fact, the only thing I can think of that's better with the 3G(s) is the outer shell (I don't like the shape and feel of the 4 at all).

But, I like Deathcommand's idea. Accept the free 3G(s) and then sell it, along with the 9780, and get your iP5 if you decide you want one. Unless your friend will be upset. I might make sure he's cool with you making money off of something he gives you...lol!
    07-23-11 11:49 PM
    Tough decision.

The iP4 is a much better phone than the 3G(s) in almost every respect. In fact, the only thing I can think of that's better with the 3G(s) is the outer shell (I don't like the shape and feel of the 4 at all).

But, I like Deathcommand's idea. Accept the free 3G(s) and then sell it, along with the 9780, and get your iP5 if you decide you want one. Unless your friend will be upset. I might make sure he's cool with you making money off of something he gives you...lol!
    Thanks for the ideas. I will have to think about it...and ask my friend as well
    07-25-11 08:03 PM
    It really depends on your financial situation. The 3Gs is better than anything RIM produces at the moment, and the i4 is twice as good as the 3Gs. I've had them all.
    07-26-11 10:26 AM
    I will choose the iphone5
    07-27-11 03:55 AM
    I will choose the iphone5
    Not really one of the options I gave, but thanks for the opinion?
    07-28-11 09:34 AM
    Agree with Pilsbury 3gs will probably be free iPhone 4 will come down to 99 eventually when the IP5 launches......
    07-28-11 09:43 AM
    Use the 3GS and see if you like the iPhone at all. Then when you can afford it get a 4 or 5.
    07-28-11 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD