07-21-09 01:18 PM
45 12
tools
    i have to charge my phone at least twice when i unplug it then by mid day. usage and standby time are seperate right? seems i get about 4-5 hour usage and about three four standby not sure if thats good or not. Seems that my usage part of my phone stops after a point and time wont go the whole day sometimes it stays black and says will show usage time when fully charged.
    07-19-09 11:06 AM
    I have 115 apps installed, running OS 3.0

WIFI is off, 3G is on, location support is on..
    Folks, remember to turn off bluetooth when not in use, it uses gobs of power.
    07-19-09 11:31 AM
    Folks, remember to turn off bluetooth when not in use, it uses gobs of power.
    That's not a big enough word... I have three BT headsets that will never be used due to battery drains of titanic proportions. I'm reaching for a power supply by noon (I leave the house an hour and half before that).
    07-19-09 12:16 PM
    I get decent battery life put of this thing. At the moment, after two hours and fifty minutes of usage, and three hours and fifty five minutes of standby time, I'm at 85% battery charge. This also includes two and a half hours of listening to music and about twenty minutes of surfing the interweb over 3g. Then again, I do turn off Bluetooth, 3g, etc., until I need those features.
    07-19-09 05:38 PM
    That's not a big enough word... I have three BT headsets that will never be used due to battery drains of titanic proportions. I'm reaching for a power supply by noon (I leave the house an hour and half before that).
    I leave my BT on all day and I am still getting great battery life..

Ima try turning it off and see what the diff is..
    07-20-09 10:11 AM
    I use my BT headset sometimes when I drive and it kills my battery a little. If I left it on all day i would definitely need to charge up twice a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:20 AM
    My battery is life a lot better. I don't even have to charge it during the day with the same use. I use to have to plug it into my work computer for a half or 45mins, but now the life is way better and no more mid day charges. I actually didn't charge it overnight on Saturday. Went out Sat morning about 10 am. with about 44% battery. By the 9PM I had 17% left with normal email, text, facebooks, rss and some browsing and music playing. My wife is jealous cuz her 3G doesn't last as long lol.
    07-20-09 03:02 PM
    Battery life isn't bad. Check out the screen shots.
    07-20-09 09:18 PM
    dnt know the actual numbers but between textin alot,checkin emails, and bein on the phone for hours at a time with my fiance, at the nd of the day i stll have about 20% not to forget browsing the internet .
    07-20-09 09:57 PM
    I figured out calls kills battery more than data and sms. I am one who talks on the phone for more than 1-2 hours a day (keep word more) and I noticed those with low call times, but high data and sms usage still have good battery.
    07-20-09 10:11 PM
    I'm definitely more of a SMS/data user than a calling user. I guess it's because I get a bajillion calls all day long that I dont want to talk even more on the phone when I get home..
    07-21-09 11:20 AM
    I'm definitely more of a SMS/data user than a calling user. I guess it's because I get a bajillion calls all day long that I dont want to talk even more on the phone when I get home..
    Same. I try to keep calling to a minimum, just because I hate talking on the phone. I SMS and use data a ton though.

07-21-09 11:32 AM
    very little calling, but lots of app/data usage....lasts abt 1.5 to 2 days for me...but i believe my main problem is the coverage shifting between edge and 3G in my area
    07-21-09 11:43 AM
    very little calling, but lots of app/data usage....lasts abt 1.5 to 2 days for me...but i believe my main problem is the coverage shifting between edge and 3G in my area
    That does kill the battery faster.
    07-21-09 11:47 AM
    I live in an area where I'm almost always in 3G.. my house, my commute to/from work, and my work, almost always in 3G.
    07-21-09 11:55 AM
    I took mine back.
    In order to get one day's worth of use I had to turn off push email, bring the brightness down to 20%, turn off Bluetooth, have only one email account, and not talk on the phone. I had to travel with both my iPhone and my Bold.
    I finally took it back, got my money back (they tried to tell me that it was a defective battery) and put the experience down as a lesson learned.
    I want a dependable phone that I don't have to charge everyday that gives me today's standard features for high end phones.
    Been there, done that. Wasn't for me.
    I'll wait for a full HTML Blackberry.
    07-21-09 12:26 PM
    um..yah you had a defective device.

I have 3 push accounts, leave my backlight on auto, BT is on and I get a full day out of it.
    07-21-09 12:29 PM
    Yup definitely sounds defective. I also have 3 push accounts and push notifications turned on and I keep my screen brightness at around 40% with auto-brightness on. Sorry you had a bad experience.

07-21-09 12:36 PM
    The one thing I noticed is that by default, when you get a new iPhone, WIFI is on.. not sure why, but that'll definitely kill the battery if you don't go in and turn it off.

Even thought it might not be connected to anything, your phone has to power that chip. I immediately turn off WIFI and only use it when I need it.. which is basically only when I download something over 10MB on the appstore.
    07-21-09 12:54 PM
    I live in an area where I'm almost always in 3G.. my house, my commute to/from work, and my work, almost always in 3G.
    The area I am in is not bad on either 3G or the coverage (so far that i have noticed)..The issue is with my office building, when I am in the office its hardly 1-2 bars and edge, once I go out of the building, its full bars and 3G, probably something with the construction materials.....
    07-21-09 01:18 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD