I am a new 32gb 3GS user
    If I am in the middle of a game and a new text msg comes through, I click view and read and/or respond to the msg

How do I get back to the game where I left off? So far I press the middle button and it goes back to the main screen and I have to reopen the game and start from scratch

Its probably written somewhere on what to do but I can't find it, THX
    01-10-10 03:04 AM
    Can't do it without jailbreaking it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 05:33 AM
    jailbreak, install backgrounder, and install pro-switcher...done!
    01-10-10 12:17 PM
    Can only go back where you left off on native apps i.e. Safari, mail, notes etc... No multi-tasking for 3rd party apps. Once you leave it's closed.
    01-10-10 12:38 PM
    jailbreak, install backgrounder, and install pro-switcher...done!
    That's it right there. Works absolutely great for me.

OP, read up a bit on jailbreaking if you decide you want to do it. Make sure
    the 4th and 5th numerals on your serial number are either 40 or lower. That
    way you wouldn't have to worry about a tethered jailbreak.
    01-10-10 12:41 PM
    does jailbreakin "hurt" the phone or do anything to warranty etc.? I guess I'm wondering if the phone is capable, why not allow it to do it.
    01-12-10 08:35 AM
    does jailbreakin "hurt" the phone or do anything to warranty etc.? I guess I'm wondering if the phone is capable, why not allow it to do it.
    Jailbreaking does not hurt the phone, but you cannot receive any warranty care if something goes wrong. So if something was to go wrong, then just do a quick restore and then go to the apple store. They would never know it was jailbroken. Also, the phone does not multitask 3rd party apps. This is one of the biggest gripes of the iPhone. So to ask, "why not allow it to do it" I will ask you, where have you been? It's well known that it doesn't do it. Something to live with until Apple changes it.
    01-12-10 01:25 PM
    I see Apple limiting certain things, but to limit multitasking 3rd party apps, just makes no sense to me.
    01-12-10 05:45 PM
    I agree. I am guessing that the next major upgrade in 4.0 will allow for this. Fingers are crossed.
    01-12-10 08:35 PM
    I am a new 32gb 3GS user
    If I am in the middle of a game and a new text msg comes through, I click view and read and/or respond to the msg

How do I get back to the game where I left off? So far I press the middle button and it goes back to the main screen and I have to reopen the game and start from scratch

Its probably written somewhere on what to do but I can't find it, THX
    it depends on what game you are playing. if i'm playing madden, i can exit midgame, do something else, then open the app again and pick up where i was as if i was paused. same for a lot of the apps. most of the newer ones "remember" what you were doing and will put you right back in it. including my rss podcast player.
    01-12-10 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD