I have a 3G iPhone and its unlocked. I am using T-Mobile with it. If I turn on the 3G feature what will happen? I'm curious if anyone has tried this? What are the results? Will anything bad happen?
    02-05-10 09:38 AM
    I have a 3G iPhone and its unlocked. I am using T-Mobile with it. If I turn on the 3G feature what will happen? I'm curious if anyone has tried this? What are the results? Will anything bad happen?
    Well you won't get 3G service that's for sure. It's recommended to leave the 3G off when using it on T-mobile because you won't want any type of interference with the device since it won't work anyway.
    02-05-10 09:41 AM
    The 3g bands for Tmo USA are very different from the ones the iphone operates in. Differently put, you won't get 3g. I dont believe it would make a difference if you turn on 3g.
    02-05-10 02:57 PM
    It may drain battery life faster (as if it wasn't fast enough as is) since it will be looking for a 3G service to connect to. I'd leave it turned off...
    02-05-10 03:12 PM
    You can turn it on. But you won't get total coverage. AT&T and T-Mobile only share one band in the spectrum. You'll only get half the 3G coverage that T-mobile has. And it will drain the battery faster since it will be searching.
    02-05-10 05:24 PM
    You can turn it on. But you won't get total coverage. AT&T and T-Mobile only share one band in the spectrum. You'll only get half the 3G coverage that T-mobile has. And it will drain the battery faster since it will be searching.
    Yeah that's what I was told at the T-Mobile.
    02-05-10 06:39 PM
    its pointless i usually leave it off. yeah it will drain the battery also.
    02-06-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD