Prolly a stupid question/assumption..but my buddy has a "factory" unlocked iphone..which he is using on T-mobile with Edge. I'm assuming if he switches to a At&t prepaid plain(which he plans on doing)he will have 3g. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance
    03-26-12 06:58 PM
    Yeah. He'll get the 3G. The radio is equipped for AT&t's 3G bands.
    03-27-12 01:57 PM
    Yeah. He'll get the 3G. The radio is equipped for AT&t's 3G bands.
    Sweet. He mentioned something about data. I don't know anything about pre-paid and how data works with it. One would assume regaurdless if you're pre-paid or on a monthly plan..data and so on would be ran the same. Any info about this?
    03-27-12 03:36 PM
    Sweet. He mentioned something about data. I don't know anything about pre-paid and how data works with it. One would assume regaurdless if you're pre-paid or on a monthly plan..data and so on would be ran the same. Any info about this?
    If on a pre-paid plan he needs to unlock the APN on the phone for the data to work. Once he's on wifi he needs to google "iPhone APN unlock" and the very first result will be what he needs.

It would be this site Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

But he needs to open it from the phone browser so he gets the mobile version. When he creates the custom APN he needs to choose the AT&T - USA
    03-27-12 04:55 PM
    If on a pre-paid plan he needs to unlock the APN on the phone for the data to work. Once he's on wifi he needs to google "iPhone APN unlock" and the very first result will be what he needs.

It would be this site Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

But he needs to open it from the phone browser so he gets the mobile version. When he creates the custom APN he needs to choose the AT&T - USA
    You're a big bag of information! I appreciate it thank you
    03-27-12 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD