Jailbroken iPhone 3G shown running OS 4.0 complete with multitasking Boy Genius Report

Above is the link to the YouTube video of a 3G with a modified .plist using the 4.0 playlist. BGR states "In all likelihood, simply streaming music from Pandora while switching between playing Doodle Jump and firing off some tweets would likely bring the iPhone 3G to its knees."

I havent watched the video because I can't, my work blocks pretty much everything. Now, I'm jailbroken using Backgrounder and ProSwitcher. I can do several things at once with no real hassle on my 3G using the above method, how does this differ from 4.0 multitasking?? Why would I do fine with my jailbroken method and all of a sudden have trouble with the 4.0 multitasking?

Just something bumping around my brain.
    04-14-10 04:37 PM
    It depends on the application to be honest.

It can run on the 3G but performance would suffer when you try switching between games/streaming music and whatever other crap that would keep its data stored in the limited amount of RAM thats available.
    04-14-10 04:55 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder how far I can go on my 3G with Backgrounder/ProSwitcher.
    04-14-10 04:57 PM
    It's funny that in that video the guy only opened native apps and not any third
    party apps to show his example.
    04-14-10 04:59 PM
    I just had Rock Band, Monkey Flight, iPod(playing music), and Opera going. Once I opened rock band it started to lag, but the other three ran well all at once. I wish I had a 3GS to play with

I do agree with only running native apps, they run in the backround anyway
    Last edited by Totalimmortal363; 04-14-10 at 05:24 PM.
    04-14-10 05:04 PM
    It won't work with other apps if it is true 4.0 multitasking unless he has the beta versions of those apps with the new api's. Just fyi
    04-14-10 05:50 PM
    great thread info
    04-20-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD