Dooney and Bourke fan girl here! And Louis, of course!
    Love LV! I was a Coach girl, but they have been saturated with fakes.

Ok, sorry op. back on topic...
    03-18-12 08:40 PM
    Thanks for emphasizing the truth - it's just about having a status symbol, not finding the best device for your money. Just like flashing the red soles, it's about LOOK AT ME! I've got money to burn. I've got the newest apple device, aren't u jellyous? You drive a BMW? Well, I've got an M series...

The only one telling you how to spend your money is Apple and you follow every command. You're welcome to spend your money how you like, but like the saying goes, you and it will soon be parted.
    Call it what you want but I like nice things because I like them. I don't flash anything for anyone else. I drive a Cadillac but I'd trade it in a second if the new Hyundai Optima was practical for my family, because i think it's nice. And yep, I'd prefer a pair of Coach pumps or Loubi's over a pair of Payless pumps any day because I can afford them. Spend a little extra or spend less and make up the difference with all those trips to the shoe hospital getting it repaired because he wears out and looks every bit of $19.99 after a month...
    03-18-12 08:47 PM
    We will have to see with the new iPhone if the innovation has stopped. Remember, the iPhone is the flagship device, not the iPad.
    My understanding is the iP5 is the last device Steve Jobs helped develop. The one reason I may buy it.
    03-18-12 10:01 PM
    So,you buying because jobs helped develope it?
    03-18-12 11:31 PM
    Thanks for emphasizing the truth - it's just about having a status symbol, not finding the best device for your money. Just like flashing the red soles, it's about LOOK AT ME! I've got money to burn. I've got the newest apple device, aren't u jellyous? You drive a BMW? Well, I've got an M series...

The only one telling you how to spend your money is Apple and you follow every command. You're welcome to spend your money how you like, but like the saying goes, you and it will soon be parted.
    Some would consider the value of the product to themselves personally. I think the iPad is well worth the price, I also think the PB is worth its discounted $199 but not worth its real $499. That's the difference, perception, what the product brings to the table and whether those capabilities meet your expectation. The iPad does.
    03-19-12 09:34 AM
    So,you buying because jobs helped develope it?

Sure. Why not. If a tried and true visionary (whatever his many flaws, he was that) builds the last of anything, people would buy it.

I'd kill to get my hands on a 74 VW Super Beetle with a sunroof, but I will not buy a new Beetle.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    pri79269 likes this.
    03-19-12 04:28 PM
    Some would consider the value of the product to themselves personally. I think the iPad is well worth the price, I also think the PB is worth its discounted $199 but not worth its real $499. That's the difference, perception, what the product brings to the table and whether those capabilities meet your expectation. The iPad does.
    ^^^ This. Thanks!
    03-19-12 06:57 PM
    Actually, I think there is not much difference between the new ipad and the ipad2. Even the screen, which is supposed to be top of the line, is not as bright as my humble PlayBook.

So today I decided to use the $850 I was going to use on a LTE 32GB ipad into more apps for my PlayBook, and probably pimp it up with the BlackBerry keyboard. And even after that, I might be able to get a brand new 4G PlayBook, and with the change get me some ice cream at Dairy Queen after a good workout! HA!
    03-19-12 07:05 PM
    3 million+ sales says this thread and everyone who thinks the new iPad was going to fail is a joke.

Apple sells 3 million new iPads worldwide | The Verge

http://www.imore.com/2012/03/19/appl...million-ipads/
    03-19-12 07:40 PM
    Actually, I think there is not much difference between the new ipad and the ipad2. Even the screen, which is supposed to be top of the line, is not as bright as my humble PlayBook.

So today I decided to use the $850 I was going to use on a LTE 32GB ipad into more apps for my PlayBook, and probably pimp it up with the BlackBerry keyboard. And even after that, I might be able to get a brand new 4G PlayBook, and with the change get me some ice cream at Dairy Queen after a good workout! HA!
    That's a lot of money to throw at something with no resale value. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    pilsbury likes this.
    03-19-12 07:57 PM

That's good, but at the end of the day you'll still have a.................PlayBook.
    03-19-12 09:25 PM
    Apple has got to be using hypnosis in those commercials.
    03-19-12 10:20 PM
    That's good, but at the end of the day you'll still have a.................PlayBook.
    ^^^^ This is the attitude you'll run into at Starbucks as all the Apple lovers look down their nose at you while glomming free wifi...

OMG, there's no Apple on the back. You don't belong...
    03-19-12 11:49 PM
    Apple sells record 3 million new iPads
    by MacTalk Share
    Published on 20th March 2012 2 Comments
    Apple today announced that it has sold three million units of the third-generation iPad, since its launch on Friday, March 16.

The new iPad – featuring a Retina display, A5X chip with quad-core graphics and 5 megapixel iSight camera – went on sale at 8am in Australia, the US, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and the US Virgin Islands last Friday, attracting crowds outside Apple Stores and authorised resellers around the world.

The sale marks the highest number of iPads units sold following a launch, with that figure set to increase as the tablet is released in 24 more countries on Friday March 23.

“The new iPad is a blockbuster with three million sold―the strongest iPad launch yet,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Customers are loving the incredible new features of iPad, including the stunning Retina display, and we can’t wait to get it into the hands of even more customers around the world this Friday.”

The countries gearing up for this week’s launch include; Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
    03-20-12 03:17 AM
    ^^^^ This is the attitude you'll run into at Starbucks as all the Apple lovers look down their nose at you while glomming free wifi...

Never been to a Starbucks, but I must say it sounds tempting. I'm not the one in the Apple sub forum bashing Apple products. I never go into the BB forums and expound on what pieces of garbage they are. I stay in here. I realize that RIM users are passionate about their devices, but you also have to realize if you're going to troll, you will encounter some resistance.
    03-20-12 09:42 AM

Wasn't it Kevin that recently tweeted that he had to dumb down the pretentious snob a little, take off the fancy watch, clothes and shoes in order to fit in as an iFan? You can't really have it both ways.
    03-20-12 09:52 AM
    Wasn't it Kevin that recently tweeted that he had to dumb down the pretentious snob a little, take off the fancy watch, clothes and shoes in order to fit in as an iFan? You can't really have it both ways.
    Interesting comment, considering Apple products, on average, cost more than RIM products do. And Apple purchasers reportedly have higher disposable incomes.
    03-20-12 05:30 PM
    So far Apple has sold about 60 million iPads in 2 years. The projected number of tablets
    sold this year about 100 million. Apple gets 2/3 of the tablet biz. 85% of their income is from the 3 devices (iPad, iPods, iPhone). That makes for a pretty rosy year. They're going to start paying 1.8% stock dividend this year for the first time. They expect to acquire 30 billion more in cash (to add to the 100 billion they already have). My stock is up 50% since I bought it in October. If they drop the freaking TV all will break loose. I like it!
    Last edited by thebignewt; 03-20-12 at 05:51 PM.
    03-20-12 05:39 PM
    I am disappointed I got a new iPad. Since its dead on arrival. I guess I'm with the 3 million other people that bought one.
    03-20-12 05:58 PM
    I am not sure but I think apple wants to gives us latest technologies. And we all feel that new design and features are really amazing.
    04-05-12 07:00 AM
    Picked one up the other day. Love the screen, battery, apps. Very fast. My Playbook has taken a back seat for now. The New ipad has been great. Did a straight up trade from someone that wanted my 9900 for their week old 4S. Jumped on it as I made a mistake getting rid of my 4s in the first place last month. Great to be back with Apple
    pilsbury and pri79269 like this.
    04-07-12 08:46 AM
    Picked one up the other day. Love the screen, battery, apps. Very fast. My Playbook has taken a back seat for now. The New ipad has been great. Did a straight up trade from someone that wanted my 9900 for their week old 4S. Jumped on it as I made a mistake getting rid of my 4s in the first place last month. Great to be back with Apple
    I enjoy all tech. I still play with a rooted droid every so often. What I like about apple is it works and they seem to support there devises a lot longer than anyone else.
    04-30-12 12:32 PM
    Ordered the new iPad last Tuesday, scheduled to be delivered Wed. via FedEx. I'm thinking about not even opening the box since it will be DOA on arrival.
    DX9 likes this.
    04-30-12 02:18 PM
    Lol...apparently this ipad is doing well.
    05-02-12 03:14 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD