Thanks once again to geohot. The jailbreak was released for the iphone and ipod touch running OS 3.1 or greater. If anyone is interested, blackra1n go there to download. It is currently only for windows users and is quite easy to use. Plug it in, make it rain, and you are done. Remember this is for jailbreak only. Upgrading your iphone to OS 3.1 or higher upgrades your baseband and breaks the unlock. This will not unlock. For more information on blackra1n, go here On the iPhone: blackra1n.
    10-11-09 10:02 AM
    Was a bit apprehensive as this will be my first time jailbreaking... holy crap this was so simple lol.

It's like a whole new realm to play in!

Cheers,

Chris
    10-11-09 07:29 PM
    Just updated and jailbroke my 3gS and love it. In all truth, the main JB appeal is the aftermarket software my favorite being Backgrounder. As laughable as it is, it makes the iPhone more berry like.
    10-11-09 07:43 PM
    Hopefully a Mac version comes out soon.
    10-11-09 07:51 PM
    Great news given I should be getting my 3GS this week.
    10-11-09 08:24 PM
    Is this only for the 3gs? I have the 3g. And will this void my warranty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 10:35 AM
    One other question. If I'm reading this right, since I plugged my phone into iTunes to upgrade to 3.1 I cannot use this software to jailbreak my phone, is this correct?

10-12-09 10:46 AM
    One other question. If I'm reading this right, since I plugged my phone into iTunes to upgrade to 3.1 I cannot use this software to jailbreak my phone, is this correct?

Yes you can use this jailbreak on a phone already upgraded. The only thing you can't do is unlock it.
    10-12-09 10:56 AM
    This may sound like a stupid question since I am still a newbie, but what are some of the benefits of jailbreaking? I just want to make sure this isn't going to be something that screws up my phone and I regret doing. Thanks again for all the help.

10-12-09 12:45 PM
    There will always be the possibility of bricking your iPhone when JB'ing however small it maybe. As to benefit, JB it install Cydia and Rock and you will see all the possiblilites that are out there. I couldn't wait until 3.1.2 was able to be jail broke.
    10-12-09 02:36 PM
    Does the jailbreaking enable tethering?
    10-12-09 02:49 PM
    Yes, you can tether with a jail broken phone.
    10-12-09 05:39 PM
    This would be my first time jailbreaking as well, how stable is it? And what's the process of restoring it back to factory settings, and does anything happen to the apps I've purchased?
    10-12-09 05:44 PM
    If I jailbrake the iphone with 3.1, can I use it without subscribing to the dataplan and still get data?

thanks

Chapster
    10-12-09 09:17 PM
    This would be my first time jailbreaking as well, how stable is it? And what's the process of restoring it back to factory settings, and does anything happen to the apps I've purchased?
    Ok, first step breathe in, there is always risk to JBing your phone, its in the process. Secondly I have always to restore simply hit restore and back to factory settings it goes however, other people on the internet have different experiences, your apps are registered to your account not your phone, so as long as your Store account is valid you can put your apps on that phone.
    10-12-09 11:32 PM
    If I jailbrake the iphone with 3.1, can I use it without subscribing to the dataplan and still get data?

thanks

Chapster
    No, its a bit like asking can I still ride a bike with no wheels. Also I believe the data plan is mandatory for iPhones at least here in the states it is. Perhaps you are outside of the US and then its between you and your ISP. JBing has nothing to do with your plan.
    10-12-09 11:34 PM
    Just updated and jailbroke my 3gS and love it. In all truth, the main JB appeal is the aftermarket software my favorite being Backgrounder. As laughable as it is, it makes the iPhone more berry like.
    Im not a BB user myself but yes JBing my phone was the best move I made with the phone, its a pity that apple cripples such a marvelous piece of technology that way. Now the phone is exactly how I want it when I want it, i even added a backgrounder app so I listen to the radio and write texts at the same time...

but seriously Apple get with it.
    10-12-09 11:38 PM
    Hopefully a Mac version comes out soon.
    Dev team released PwnageTool for 3.1.2
    10-13-09 09:12 AM
    hey is anyone else having issues with themes and apps from cydia or rock none of my stuff works after i download it can someone help???
    10-13-09 03:43 PM
    ok this is like my first time jailbreaking.. well sorta.

im on 3.1 right now, havent upgraded to 3.1.2 yet. was apprehensive due to STILL WAITING FOR A 3.1 JB ON WINDOWS

anyway, so i would be good to go to jb on 3.1 for my 3gs, right? not worried about unlocking, just jb.

should i update to 3.1.2 before jbing? or does it not matter?

also, is there anything i should worry about losing before i jb?
    Last edited by Umbrello; 10-13-09 at 06:29 PM.
    10-13-09 06:25 PM
    ok this is like my first time jailbreaking.. well sorta.

im on 3.1 right now, havent upgraded to 3.1.2 yet. was apprehensive due to STILL WAITING FOR A 3.1 JB ON WINDOWS

anyway, so i would be good to go to jb on 3.1 for my 3gs, right? not worried about unlocking, just jb.

should i update to 3.1.2 before jbing? or does it not matter?

also, is there anything i should worry about losing before i jb?
    If you are not worried about never being able to unlock the iPhone, go ahead and update to 3.1.2. If you might want to unlock, then wait to update. As to losing anything, no you should not lose anything but, just in case, make sure you have a backup on your PC.
    10-13-09 06:54 PM
    Updating to 3.1.2 and jbing. Thank you.

And even greater thanks to the blackra1n devteam.
    10-13-09 06:56 PM
    Does the jailbreaking enable tethering?
    No it does not in it's self enable tethering, however, it does allow you to install apps (like PDANet) that you can use to tether.
    10-13-09 06:58 PM
    There will always be the possibility of bricking your iPhone when JB'ing however small it maybe. As to benefit, JB it install Cydia and Rock and you will see all the possiblilites that are out there. I couldn't wait until 3.1.2 was able to be jail broke.
    hi mr!! im allready upgrade my iphone to 3.1.2,and i lost my unlock,,,,how i can unlock it???
    10-19-09 03:45 PM
    hi mr!! im allready upgrade my iphone to 3.1.2,and i lost my unlock,,,,how i can unlock it???
    You can't at this time and may not ever be able to unlock.
    10-19-09 05:10 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD