My gf has an iphone and just upgrded It to 3.0. She says she still cannot MMS pictures but also can no longer play any videos.

Any words of advice?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 11:21 AM
    My gf has an iphone and just upgrded It to 3.0. She says she still cannot MMS pictures but also can no longer play any videos.

Any words of advice?

Only the 3GS can play video without jailbreaking. They came with 3.0. So if your girlfriend has just upgraded to 3.0 I assume she has the 3G so she can't take vids. MMS is still not available. The ball is in AT&T's court now. They are supposed to be enabling it by the end of the summer. Even my boy who has an unlocked one on TMO can send and receive MMS. AT&T really dropped the ball on that one.
    07-09-09 11:30 AM

Any words of advice?

MMS still isn't available until AT&T allows it, but there is a way around it will take away visual voicemail. Also, don't know why she can't play videos. I suggest restoring the device and see what happens from there.

07-09-09 11:30 AM
    Only the 3GS can play video without jailbreaking. They came with 3.0. So if your girlfriend has just upgraded to 3.0 I assume she has the 3G so she can't take vids. MMS is still not available. The ball is in AT&T's court now. They are supposed to be enabling it by the end of the summer. Even my boy who has an unlocked one on TMO can send and receive MMS. AT&T really dropped the ball on that one.
    Exactly. If she has a 3G then nothing is wrong, but if it's a 3GS then she should be able to record video. If this is the case I would go to apple/ATT and see what's up but if it's a 3G then your fine nothing is wrong.
    07-09-09 11:40 AM
    He didn't say she can't record video, he said she can play video. So I'm guessing he meant like YouTube or movies or something along those lines.

07-09-09 11:44 AM

Any words of advice?

2G or 3G?

MMS won't work until AT&T enables it on their side.

You can do a workaround to provision the phone for MMS and install a couple modified files but it screws visual voicemail and some people say it's unstable.

If she jailbreaks it there are also a few options for MMS.

Video playback sounds like a handset problem, I would backup, set it to DFU mode and then restore it in iTunes.
    Last edited by Jeli; 07-09-09 at 11:49 AM.
    07-09-09 11:46 AM
    Oh must of misread that, if thats the case I would toy with it a bit. I know when I first got my 3GS YouTube didn't work for the first couple hours. Kept saying. " User as has locked access. " Then after I broke it in, it started working.
    07-09-09 11:47 AM
    Its a 3G....

07-09-09 01:41 PM
    Its a 3G....

Back it up and restore it and see what happens. Video playback should be working for her without any problems.

07-09-09 02:32 PM
    Back it up and restore it and see what happens. Video playback should be working for her without any problems.

Oops she's not happy now.... She did a back up and restore and said she lost all her mp3's, apps and pictures...

07-09-09 11:08 PM
    Oops she's not happy now.... She did a back up and restore and said she lost all her mp3's, apps and pictures...

you have to manually put them back on, backups only back-up data and stuff like that. Can't take to long, just re-sync everything...20 minutes at most perhaps
    07-09-09 11:21 PM
    My wife has a 16GB 3G and it is 3.0 jailbroken, does mms and video, works great...email still isnt a blackberry...but thats what she wanted...
    07-09-09 11:48 PM

She should get all of those back with her first regular sync to iTunes after the restore.
    07-10-09 10:41 AM

She can resync everything. Just click on her iPhone under "devices" and go to the tabs on the top. Click music and the box that makes her music sync to the phone. Same thing with her pictures unless she didn't save them onto her computer.

07-10-09 11:06 AM
    3.1 which will be released very soon will contain the MMS profile that AT&T needs in order to send mms messages.
    07-11-09 01:10 AM
    3.1 which will be released very soon will contain the MMS profile that AT&T needs in order to send mms messages.
    Actually MMS is already enabled on the Device; it's locked out because of AT&T. You can actually jailbreak your phone and enable MMS just fine; or you can use one of the various hacks listed if you don't want to jailbreak. Requires provisioning your account for the service though. As soon as AT&T gets it's act together MMS will be enabled =)
    07-11-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD