OK... this issue was going on pre-iOS4. I was hoping the software upgrade would fix the issue, but no go.

My 2nd Gen iPod Touch keeps shutting itself off. I haven't noticed it happening while I'm actually using it. However, randomly, when I'm not using it, it will shut itself off. I can't power it back on by holding just the Power button on top. I have to hold both the Power button and the Home button at the same time for 30 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Then, after about 1 minute, it will boot to the home screen. I have to do this at least 4 - 5 times a day at this point.

I have tried completely resetting it back to factory defaults and restoring it as a new iPod in iTunes. I even took it to the Apple Store and they tried the same thing. It worked for a few weeks, but is doing the same thing again. I know folks have had issues with the Touch getting locked and having to reset it, but it seems like mine won't stop doing so.

I understand that this is an iPhone forum, but you folks are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to Apple products, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-21-10 08:09 PM
    If it's jailbroken, your best bet would be to download iREB, or just google it to find the EXE file. It will restore the iPod, and hopefully fix the reboot issue.
    06-24-10 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD