Hi. New to the forum, even newer to the iPhone.
    I recently synched my phone and lost all my contacts and now all of my wife's contacts are on my phone. We have separate log-ins and I was logged in as the user, but it still happened. My Gmail still works (sends/receives) but all of the contacts were removed from the phone, I also have all of her calendar info and bookmarks (which I would prefer not to have).

Is there any way to keep our accounts separate when we sync to iTunes?
    10-19-09 02:48 PM
    Hi. New to the forum, even newer to the iPhone.
    I recently synched my phone and lost all my contacts and now all of my wife's contacts are on my phone. We have separate log-ins and I was logged in as the user, but it still happened. My Gmail still works (sends/receives) but all of the contacts were removed from the phone, I also have all of her calendar info and bookmarks (which I would prefer not to have).

Is there any way to keep our accounts separate when we sync to iTunes?
    same problem here i would realy like to know also
    10-19-09 08:24 PM
    i think you can just plug them in and it will recognize which one you have installed and bring up that config
    10-19-09 08:42 PM
    I was curious also. Only have one iphone on my account. When both of us had them, we just used
    Itunes

differant computers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 12:33 AM
    i think you can just plug them in and it will recognize which one you have installed and bring up that config
    It does recognize the phone, but even though my phone was connected and I was logged in iTunes sync'd my wife's google contacts and calendar to my phone.

Until I figure this out, I'm afraid to rip any more CDs and sync them, becasue I don't want to keep editing my contacts.
    10-20-09 06:34 AM
    you could turn off automatic syncing and only sync what I select, that way only what you want synced goes to whichever phone. i'll see if there is a better solution though
    10-20-09 06:57 AM
    Thanks for bringing that up. I'm going to be faced with a similar situation, as my wife also now wants an iPhone after seeing mine. When we both had Blackberries, the RIM device manager recognized our phones, and so we were able to sync and backup our data separately without issues. I would hope iTunes can do the same.
    10-20-09 09:18 AM
    Easiest way i found without using two computers is to create a second logon on your computer and move all contacts and misc info to that username. I had to do that with me and my wifes phones, that way no info is messed up. It is a little bit of a pain, but the only way i know without calling apple rep and asking them.
    10-20-09 12:10 PM
    I believe when you hook up the iPhone to the computer click on settings tab and there will be some options for calendar and contacts and bookmarks and then select the one you need that should fix it. Hope that helps
    10-20-09 12:14 PM
    what I did for my wife and I is we manually sync. when one of our phones is plugged in and we sync the contacts, I manually select the contact location. I use gmail, she's using outlook. Itunes doesn't seem to switch automatically, but I'm new to the iphone so that could be something I'm missing. I don't mind selecting it since I know what is synching each time.
    10-20-09 03:30 PM
    Manual sync might just be the best idea.
    10-20-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD