Ok first. If i buy an iphone say off craigslist could i use it like an ipod touch for just apps and an ipod or would i have to have a service on it?

And second can if I switch over to ATT can I still get a 16 or 32 gb 3gs?
    08-06-10 07:31 PM
    You def couldnt put your SIM in it, but Im assuming the wifi would still work, so I would think so. I believe AT&T is phasing out the 3g and 3Gs models, and they will continue to sell them as long as supplies last. If you do go to AT&T, get the i4, its worth the extra $50 or $100 bucks.
    08-06-10 07:37 PM
    OP, yes you can use the iPhone as an iPod touch without service. Apple is phasing or has phased out the 3G but the 3G[S] is alive and well (still in production).
    08-06-10 10:53 PM
    how would i go about using an unlocked iphone on a carrier like sprnit or t mobile. Mainly how would i use it as a pre paid phone.
    08-07-10 12:13 PM
    Yeah the 3GS probably won't be phased out until next year. Typically, Apple let's the model run for 2 years before it's unavaliable in stores.
    08-07-10 12:37 PM
    how would i go about using an unlocked iphone on a carrier like sprnit or t mobile. Mainly how would i use it as a pre paid phone.
    Sprint, no go. They don't use S
    GSM sim cards. You can get a Sprint world phone and use it on AT&T or T Mobile. If you purchased an unlocked phone you just pop in your SIM card. If it's a BB you will have to do a littler more to get the native programs to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD