1. Want to know if I can record a 2-3 minute video and send to email, facebook, youtube etc so my family can watch?

2. Does facetime work with only wifi? Is there anyway to do facetime on At&ts fake four g without wifi?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 06:06 PM
    Thanks in advance! Looking to use this phone for personal and the bold touch for business.

10-13-11 06:19 PM
    1. Want to know if I can record a 2-3 minute video and send to email, facebook, youtube etc so my family can watch?

2. Does facetime work with only wifi? Is there anyway to do facetime on At&ts fake four g without wifi?

1: yes
    2: no unless your jailbroken then yes
    10-13-11 06:43 PM
    I think there is a limit on the length of video you can email. And as zyiro stated, to use a stock device you must be connected to wifi for FaceTime.
    10-13-11 06:47 PM
    I think there is a limit on the length of video you can email. And as zyiro stated, to use a stock device you must be connected to wifi for FaceTime.

ya there is a limit but i dont know what it is.... if anyone has any clue what it is feel free to chime in.

in most cases length is not going to be issue but actual file size will be the determining factor.

The only one i do know for certain is Gmail's max attachment size is 25mb
    10-13-11 07:06 PM
    Actually iOS 5 allows FaceTime over 3G now.

EDIT: It will be tough to upload/send videos of a decent length because 1080p takes a lot of memory. Also, the quality deteriorates except through email.
    10-13-11 07:20 PM

EDIT: It will be tough to upload/send videos of a decent length because 1080p takes a lot of memory. Also, the quality deteriorates except through email.
    Thanks for all the responses. Its nice to hear ios5 will allow facetime over 3g? I can't find it anywhere that it says that though.

10-13-11 08:50 PM

1 more question, does skype work with facetime over 3g?

10-13-11 08:53 PM
    1 more question, does skype work with facetime over 3g?

I read somewhere that FaceTime works over 3G, I may be wrong. Skype works as its own video conference app and does in fact support 3G video calling.
    10-13-11 09:04 PM
    I think there is a limit on the length of video you can email.
    Yeah, that's accurate!
    10-14-11 06:29 AM
    I read somewhere that FaceTime works over 3G, I may be wrong. Skype works as its own video conference app and does in fact support 3G video calling.
    OK, so I'm really excited about this. What I'm understanding here is that once I get my 4S I will be able to Skype over 3G with my loved ones across the pond......they'll be on their laptops and I can be on my 4S?

Things have changed drastically for me lately, so if this is true, this will be HUGE for me and my iPhone may just become my primary device and my BB may become my alternate.

This would be an enormous paradigm shift for me.
    10-14-11 07:09 AM
    omg!!!! facetime over 3g now!!!!!! that is sooooo good news cause only on wifi constricted where facetime was available and was almost pointless...ALMOST
    10-15-11 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD