So I'm pre-ordering my iphone 4s tomorrow and I can't decide on models. Right now my berry has a 16GB memory card full of music and pictures. I'll probably transfer most of my 2314 songs and just start fresh with new pictures. I suppose hearing the term "icloud" makes me think my music can be stored elsewhere. Long story short can anyone help me decide on a model? Which do you have and how is the space used? Ultimately I may base my decision on price. That sucks. However when you've got to have it now you'll adjust. Thanks for any suggestions/tips.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 12:08 PM
    I'm a believer that bigger is better. Out of curiosity, are you pre-ordering through Apple or your service provider?

Sent from my CrapBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-06-11 12:24 PM
    I was ordering from sprint because that's all I know to do. I just started a new contract with them in August so I have to get a second line or pay retail. *huge sigh*

10-06-11 12:27 PM
    iTunes match. Allows for your music library to be put in the cloud and it will stream to your device without you having the music on you iPhone.

I recommend at least 32GB. 64GB if you really want to be safe. It will always have the best resale value to if you are looking to sell the device when you are done with it.
    10-06-11 12:50 PM
    Is that free? Will it be pretty simple to at least transfer all my current music? Just called Apple, I have to go through Sprint to order. Because they are new maybe? Its cool. Do most people even use up 16GB? I'm a music freak so I know I will.

10-06-11 12:57 PM
    Is that free? Will it be pretty simple to at least transfer all my current music? Just called Apple, I have to go through Sprint to order. Because they are new maybe? Its cool. Do most people even use up 16GB? I'm a music freak so I know I will.

It's a subscription. $25 a year.

f you want the benefits of iTunes in the Cloud for music you haven’t purchased from iTunes, iTunes Match is the perfect solution. It’s built right into the iTunes app on your Mac or PC and the Music app on your iOS devices. And it lets you store your entire collection, including music you’ve imported from CDs or purchased somewhere other than iTunes. For just $24.99 a year.2

Here’s how it works: iTunes determines which songs in your collection are available in the iTunes Store. Any music with a match is automatically added to your iCloud library. Since there are more than 20 million songs in the iTunes Store, most of your music is probably already in iCloud. All you have to upload is what iTunes can’t match. Which is much faster than starting from scratch. Once your music is in iCloud, you can stream and store it on any of your devices. Even better, all the music iTunes matches plays back from iCloud at 256-Kbps AAC DRM-free quality — even if your original copy was of lower quality.
    Apple - iCloud - All your music on all your devices.

Yes it is easy. iTunes does it for you.

I have 14GB left on my 32GB iPhone 4. Almost 1300 songs, over a hundred pics, a few videos and 20+ apps. You should definitely get 32GB or 64GB unless you plan on getting iTunes Match and iCloud to back up lots of stuff.
    Simplymesince79 likes this.
    10-06-11 01:52 PM
    It's a subscription. $25 a year.

Apple - iCloud - All your music on all your devices.

Yes it is easy. iTunes does it for you.

I have 14GB left on my 32GB iPhone 4. Almost 1300 songs, over a hundred pics, a few videos and 20+ apps. You should definitely get 32GB or 64GB unless you plan on getting iTunes Match and iCloud to back up lots of stuff.
    Sounds like my choice is made... Going iphone feels like I'm going to a foreign country... geez. My credit card is going to hate me in the next month. I hope I like it.
    10-06-11 02:25 PM
    Haha. Good luck, if you need help with anything feel free to send me a PM.

The iPhone is a great device, I hope you enjoy it as well.
    10-06-11 02:53 PM
    I went with a 16gb for my iPhone 4, but my needs are different to yours. I store no music on my phone, i have my 16gb Nano for that and use TuneIn radio on my phone. What i do have a lot of on my phone is photos and apps!

My honest opinion, i didnt think i would need larger than 16gb and for a while, i was right... But then i really got into apps/ games and thats what took up most of the space, i have about 300+ pics 100+ apps and few more on my MacBook. so i routinely swap and delete apps from my phone and iTunes.

Tbh it hasn't been THAT bad, but if i decide to go with the 4S i may opt for a 32gb this time. All depends on how affordable it is mind. But still wouldnt turn away a 16gb if that was my only option.
    10-06-11 03:56 PM
    I'm getting the 16GB model just like my current i4. I really only have 650 songs I care to listen to and about 300 photos, and still have 5.7 GB available.
    10-06-11 04:22 PM
    32. I would rather have it and not use it than to not have it and need it. On my 8 gb ipod I always have to delete apps and songs just to fit newer songs in, its a hassle. And if you get the 32gb it will have a higher resale value if you want to sell at anytime

10-07-11 12:58 AM
    So I'm pre-ordering my iphone 4s tomorrow and I can't decide on models. Right now my berry has a 16GB memory card full of music and pictures. I'll probably transfer most of my 2314 songs and just start fresh with new pictures. I suppose hearing the term "icloud" makes me think my music can be stored elsewhere. Long story short can anyone help me decide on a model? Which do you have and how is the space used? Ultimately I may base my decision on price. That sucks. However when you've got to have it now you'll adjust. Thanks for any suggestions/tips.

you will be sorry you ordered this when the iphone 5 comes out in 1st qtr 2012
    10-07-11 05:06 AM
    I went 32 this time. I have a 16 gb iPhone 4 and even though I have about 5 gb of space available on it if I have to have the phone for a year or two I am going to play it safe. With as many songs as you already have on your current phone I don't think you should even consider a 16!
    10-07-11 07:04 PM
    I went 32 this time. I have a 16 gb iPhone 4 and even though I have about 5 gb of space available on it if I have to have the phone for a year or two I am going to play it safe. With as many songs as you already have on your current phone I don't think you should even consider a 16!
    And if you take any videos (1080p), you'll see yourself using those 32gb real quick.
    10-07-11 07:40 PM
    you will be sorry you ordered this when the iphone 5 comes out in 1st qtr 2012
    Your source? Apple usually has a summer release, but now that may have changed because of this release.
    10-07-11 07:47 PM
    32. I would rather have it and not use it than to not have it and need it. On my 8 gb ipod I always have to delete apps and songs just to fit newer songs in, its a hassle. And if you get the 32gb it will have a higher resale value if you want to sell at anytime

Haven't checked private offers but from looking at comparison sites in the UK, the resale value for the 32 over 16 is currently around �10 more... thats not a good return imo. Especially if its for reasons of buying the 32GB.
    10-09-11 09:01 AM
    1172 songs, 44 videos, 431 photos and 65 applications and I still have 7 GB of space left on my 32 GB iPhone 4 - and the biggest footprint is taken up by the videos.

While 'bigger is better' is something of a mantra (and your use may vary) one wonders if the size (and, more importantly, price) might be overkill on a smartphone? I mean, jeez, the base line MacBook Air is 64 GB and that includes the OS....
    10-09-11 10:58 AM
    I am torn between the 32 and 64!
    10-09-11 11:04 AM
    iTunes match. Allows for your music library to be put in the cloud and it will stream to your device without you having the music on you iPhone.

I recommend at least 32GB. 64GB if you really want to be safe. It will always have the best resale value to if you are looking to sell the device when you are done with it.
    Has 32GB been enough for you?
    10-09-11 11:05 AM
    Has 32GB been enough for you?
    Definitely has been enough for me. I still have 14GB left. If you plan on using iTunes match and iCloud, 32GB should be good enough by far due to most of your media being stored in the cloud. If you have 2500+ sonds, 300+ pics, 60+ apps and more, and don't plan on using cloud services, 64GB is probably for you.

I have not run into any problems yet with 32GB, and now with the cloud services I basically can't. When I had a 16GB 3G/3GS, I always had around 2-4 GB left and always had to monitor my storage. Not with 32GB.

If you want to play it ultra safe, just get the 64GB. If you ever decide to sell the device, this model will have the best resale value.
    jebulls likes this.
    10-09-11 11:17 AM
    Definitely has been enough for me. I still have 14GB left. If you plan on using iTunes match and iCloud, 32GB should be good enough by far due to most of your media being stored in the cloud. If you have 2500+ sonds, 300+ pics, 60+ apps and more, and don't plan on using cloud services, 64GB is probably for you.

I have not run into any problems yet with 32GB, and now with the cloud services I basically can't. When I had a 16GB 3G/3GS, I always had around 2-4 GB left and always had to monitor my storage. Not with 32GB.

If you want to play it ultra safe, just get the 64GB. If you ever decide to sell the device, this model will have the best resale value.
    I am leaning just a little towards 64 just because I have not had an iphone and don't know how much I will store. I guess if I don't use near that then at least I will know for the next time around! Who knows though will switch my mind a bunch next week I am sure lol. Are you upgrading or sticking with 4?
    10-09-11 11:44 AM
    I do not have an upgrade available right now and I'm not about to pay $750 retail for the 32GB version on VZW. I have an upgrade coming in March and November of next year. I may just use my March upgrade on the 4S if I am still interested then or use it to wait for the 5. Or I can use my November upgrade to get the 5 and also just get the 4S in March. Really not too sure though on what I am going to do. March-November is 8 months and I usually only keep a device for that long anyways.

The iPhone 4 will be the only device I have kept for a year+ in the last few years besides my Bold 9000.
    10-09-11 11:54 AM
    I doubt the Iphone 5 will be out in Q1 2012....more like Q3 if I had to guess.

10-10-11 07:01 PM
    At the end of the day.... it's 100 dollars per 16GB... If you think you need the space, you should get it because if you decide you need it later, its gonna cost you closer to 700 dollars! :-)
    10-13-11 10:47 AM
    Let be honest - When you get Ip4s 16GB, but you wont have 16GB, but 15 or 14GB..

Perfect example is my 32GB iTouch has only 29.28GB of free space, it is totally plain robbery.. Stop advertising it as 32GB...it is 29.28. Another example is my 20GB XB360 hard drive has 16GB data only.

If you are trying to buy a product knowing you will need all XXGB for a file or program, it is important to know how much ACTUAL space you have.
    10-13-11 01:26 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD