06-25-09 10:30 AM
32 12
tools
    its not true push trust me steve jobs had a go around with RIM over it..

your device is fetching...

keep in mind when you set up a email account on the device the email account would have to know the device or a server or anything to know what the device is..

so IE you use gmail..

gmail would have to have a "pin" type thing to send the email to it..

the catch gets in when you start using exchange. which is really more like a "sync" instead of a fetch but still not "push"
    Lol. A go with RIM over it? What does RIM have anything to do with it? Iphone uses exchange which is a Microsoft technology, and has nothing to do with Blackberry's BIS/BES system.

And if were talking "push" then youre only talking exchange accounts, Gmail is and never was a push/exchange service. At best a device can support IMAP idle which I dont know of any natively outside Google's own OS obviously.

For exchange, Exchange is exchange there's no half-done. True it works a little differently alerting you how many new messages before downloading them, but its still exchange, just works a little differently than people are accustomed to.

Youre email will be ready to read on your Blackberry a whopping 2-3 seconds before the iphone simply due to the iphone having to download the message sitting in que when you view the inbox instead of already there downloaded. The badge is already there saying you have X emails. Its not as big a deal as people make it out to be.

Personally I think it saves battery life because emails arent being downloaded into your inbox all day at the intervals they come in, only when you go to actually view them and it downloads the emails up until that point. Im sure the badge number takes very little battery life. Its a good compromise to keep battery life up and still true Exchange vs other devices like WM devices which get very poor battery life with push on.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-24-09 at 06:28 AM.
    06-24-09 06:16 AM
    its not true push trust me steve jobs had a go around with RIM over it..

your device is fetching...

keep in mind when you set up a email account on the device the email account would have to know the device or a server or anything to know what the device is..

so IE you use gmail..

gmail would have to have a "pin" type thing to send the email to it..

the catch gets in when you start using exchange. which is really more like a "sync" instead of a fetch but still not "push"

hope this helps..

I am not making things up for this topic.. When I had my iPhone I was furious to find out that it wasn't true push lol

I will say though which I will not lie about
    that the email client on the iPhone is actually pretty decent (back when I had it anyway)
    and I liked the way contacts were setup on the device..

but what I didn't like about the iPhones email was that it seperated all my email addresses into seperate boxes (which was fine) however it did not offer a place anywhere where I could see the entire message list..

I use 4 email address'

so this works well for me on a BB I didn't like having a couple hundred emails and having to go into each seperate box to read them all.
    So it's not true push, but I still get my email 1-3 seconds after it's sent. That still sounds good enough for me.
    06-24-09 03:30 PM
    Assuming that the statistics are solid for a larger sample, then it could mean roughly 12% of 1 million iPhone 3GS buyers were previous Crackberry owners .... that's 120,000 people!
    06-24-09 05:25 PM
    There were too many dealbreakers with my iPhone, that was why I got rid of it.
    What I miss though, is it synced with my Yahoo account with 0 problems, I wish I could say the same with my Curve.And the email client is better than the BB but that is just my opinion.
    With the iPhone, when I go into my mail I see all my folders and if I delete email it is not gone forever.
    I cannot understand why on my Curve the email shows only spam and inbox nothing else.
    I have no option to move spam email into the spam folder and all my other folders are missing. The deleted email is gone once it is deleted.
    The Curve does not support windows media player, so any files associated with that in my emails cannot be viewed until I can access my laptop.
    Last edited by joemd60; 06-24-09 at 08:17 PM.
    06-24-09 08:12 PM
    i ditched my bold for a 3gs

i previously ditched my curve for a 3g but later ditched the 3g for a bold (stupid mistake)
    06-24-09 08:33 PM
    I refuse to get an iPhone until it can multitask.

Multitask is a software constraint. The hardware can clearly handle a multitask since native apps can multitask.
    06-24-09 10:47 PM
    the phone does multitask, 3rd party apps cant multitask yet, there is a major difference they dont allow 3rd yet because the phone will probli become as unstable as a windows mobile phone
    06-25-09 10:30 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD