08-11-11 11:37 AM
    And what is the Security flaw she is turning the clock ahead on a game. Not like she is getting into the Root of the device and changing the Kernel.

The garbage people find on the internet. How long did you look to find this POS? Really a security flaw by turning the clock forward to speed up farm growth. This is why internet bloggers get bad names.....

And then they call her a hacker.

Most 1d10tic article I have ever read.

SMH
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 08-11-11 at 12:40 PM.
    08-11-11 12:36 PM
    My daughter has been doing this since the release of zombie farm on the ipod touch. She hasn't played in a while, but I don't think it has been fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 12:41 PM
    The garbage people find on the internet. How long did you look to find this POS?
    Let me google that for you
    08-11-11 02:21 PM
    Here is what a HACK is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack_(computer_security)

I know you own a BB so please go away and do some battery pulls.

Oh and by the way it's a flaw in the game not the OS.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 08-11-11 at 04:21 PM.
    foxpat220022 likes this.
    08-11-11 03:30 PM
    Personally, I have BBs and an ip4. I prefer and use my BBs more often but that being said.... As far as all this security crap goes-- who cares? It's a phone, not a safe.

08-11-11 10:14 PM
    Personally, I have BBs and an ip4. I prefer and use my BBs more often but that being said.... As far as all this security crap goes-- who cares? It's a phone, not a safe.

People care because some rely on wireless technology to transfer sensitive information within a corporation across continents. Having a secure phone will always be a priority for a good number of people, both public and private sector. Even more so as our phones become our tool for everything in daily life.
    08-12-11 12:45 AM
    Hey MODS Since you wanna close a post about BB security and a FACT why don't you close this BS POS thread???????? Or is it because it attempts to BASH to OS's that are running circles around RIM????????
    08-12-11 09:59 AM
    Hey MODS Since you wanna close a post about BB security and a FACT why don't you close this BS POS thread???????? Or is it because it attempts to BASH to OS's that are running circles around RIM????????
    I'd say because there's already a thread here and a duplicate thread wasn't really needed.
    08-12-11 10:23 AM
    It's a double standard. That's all. Then close the other thread.

08-12-11 10:31 AM
    It's a double standard. That's all. Then close the other thread.

Wait, what? Closing a duplicate thread that is already been discussed at length in News & Rumors isn't a double-standard....not sure why you are getting that impression.
    08-12-11 10:58 AM
    lol he still mad.
    01itr likes this.
    08-12-11 12:46 PM
    People care because some rely on wireless technology to transfer sensitive information within a corporation across continents. Having a secure phone will always be a priority for a good number of people, both public and private sector. Even more so as our phones become our tool for everything in daily life.
    I hear you. But we all know-------- Want security? Use your trusty Blackberry. Want to have fun? Use an iPhone. Want to be confused? Use a Droid. lol :-)

i7guy likes this.
    08-12-11 10:28 PM
    wow...i thought it would be some huge flaw...not some stupid cheat on how to beat farmville...

not impressed Cyfi....not impressed.
    08-15-11 07:50 AM
    Ollie to call her a hacker is the biggest stretch....it's a flaw in the APP not the phones and some people just like to surf the web all day and find articles about security in the iPhone and android to make them feel better about their anitquated yet secure OS.

It's the age old argument on why Mac's are more secure than Windows. MS fanboys point out that Windows get more viruses because they have more market share...blah blah blah...same thing applies here Android and iOS own most of the market share making them a bigger target.
    08-15-11 08:06 AM
    Ollie to call her a hacker is the biggest stretch....it's a flaw in the APP not the phones and some people just like to surf the web all day and find articles about security in the iPhone and android to make them feel better about their anitquated yet secure OS.

It's the age old argument on why Mac's are more secure than Windows. MS fanboys point out that Windows get more viruses because they have more market share...blah blah blah...same thing applies here Android and iOS own most of the market share making them a bigger target.
    A few things to point out;

1) I will admit that the age-old argument of Mac's being more secure than Windows really did boil down to market share; in fact, Macs for many years were theoretically easier to hack or infect with a virus. No one would do it though when with Windows you could affect 90+% of the computing population.

However, as seen here, Apple has actually cared about security as of late with the rise of their popularity following the iPod and iPhone, where now people are starting to buy their computers in larger numbers.

2) The same thing, however, does not apply to iOS or Android. The BlackBerry OS is fundamentally more secure than either of those two systems. Personally, I believe that iOS is more secure than Android (even if just due by Apple's hold on the entire ecosystem versus Android's wrap of getting around between multiple stores and phone manufacturers), but still does not compare to BBOS (at least not yet)

The main reason you can't use market share in your argument is that for the longest time, RIM had the market share for the smartphone world. In fact, it was the smartphone to have. WinMo 5/6/6.1 just didn't really cut it and Palm was in second. Even today, BlackBerry still has a good chunk of the market in 3rd just barely being beaten out by iOS. So it's still a viable target and no where close to the Mac vs. Windows market share discrepancy of years past.
    01itr likes this.
    08-15-11 09:13 AM
    I agree that BB is secure. Never said it wasn't. But i will say that RIM would be making a huge mistake to ignore the ability of real hacker.

And to come in this forum and post that article....well......let's call it what it is a bad attempt to get under our skin...........

And for good measure it boggles my mind how anyone can say or compare market share between an OS and an integrated platform.

BB and iPhones have one thing in common they are a closed eco-system.

Android is just the opposite so for anyone to compare market share is comparing skewed numbers.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 08-15-11 at 09:40 AM.
    08-15-11 09:35 AM
    I agree that BB is secure. Never said it wasn't. But i will say that RIM would be making a huge mistake to ignore the ability of real hacker.

And to come in this forum and post that article....well......let's call it what it is a bad attempt to get under our skin...........

And for good measure it boggles my mind how anyone can say or compare market share between an OS and an integrated platform.

BB and iPhones have one thing in common they are a closed eco-system.

Android is just the opposite so for anyone to compare market share is comparing skewed numbers.
    I believe we are comparing operating systems, not devices. For example, when you say BB, do you mean the Blackberry 9900, or perhaps the 9810? No, you mean devices that are running the BB operating system. Just like when people talk about iOS, they are talking about iPad, iPad2, iPhone4, iPhone3GS, etc etc.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean about "a real hacker"?
    Last edited by 01itr; 08-15-11 at 10:49 AM.
    08-15-11 10:38 AM
    RIM and Apple have closed eco-systems. IE you can't put a BB os or iOS on an HTC device. Therefore anyone trying to compare the market share of Android against iOS or BB OS is flat out wrong.

You cannot compare an OS that resides on dozens of pieces of Hardware to an OS that resides on it's own hardware e.g. BB or iPhone.

If anyone wants to do a true comparison of OS market share add the iPad and iPod to the mix. IF BBOS ran on other RIM platforms they would have to add those also.

When QNX arrives then the Playbook can be added to the OS count.

People are skewing DATA every day.

You cannot compare a closed eco system RIM and iPhone to an open eco-system Android.

I wish when the "experts" talked about market share they did count iPads and iPods but they don't. There was a great article the other day that spoke of how all the so called market experts got it wrong and it was quite evenly keeled.

Here is the article sorry doesn't mention RIM but it makes sense:

http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/04/2...-market-share/

Heck if RIM gave away it's OS to anyone and Apple did the same the market share would be all over the place. Hope that made sense.

Oh the hacker thing you posted reminded me of the days and still in some programs now that you can install on your Windows machine and yes your BB by moving your clock way ahead then installing the app. Then setting your clock back to normal and you get like unlimited trial.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 08-15-11 at 11:06 AM.
    08-15-11 11:03 AM
    Oh the hacker thing you posted reminded me of the days and still in some programs now that you can install on your Windows machine and yes your BB by moving your clock way ahead then installing the app. Then setting your clock back to normal and you get like unlimited trial.
    I do this all of the time using ArtMoney or simply reinstalling after editing the Registry Keys
    08-15-11 11:12 AM
    Yep and does that mack you a hacker? Loosely defined
    08-15-11 11:13 AM
    RIM and Apple have closed eco-systems. IE you can't put a BB os or iOS on an HTC device. Therefore anyone trying to compare the market share of Android against iOS or BB OS is flat out wrong.

You cannot compare an OS that resides on dozens of pieces of Hardware to an OS that resides on it's own hardware e.g. BB or iPhone.

If anyone wants to do a true comparison of OS market share add the iPad and iPod to the mix. IF BBOS ran on other RIM platforms they would have to add those also.

When QNX arrives then the Playbook can be added to the OS count.

People are skewing DATA every day.

You cannot compare a closed eco system RIM and iPhone to an open eco-system Android.

I wish when the "experts" talked about market share they did count iPads and iPods but they don't. There was a great article the other day that spoke of how all the so called market experts got it wrong and it was quite evenly keeled.

Here is the article sorry doesn't mention RIM but it makes sense:

The truth about Android vs. iPhone market share

Heck if RIM gave away it's OS to anyone and Apple did the same the market share would be all over the place. Hope that made sense.
    The thing that doesn't make sense in that article is that it begins to compare iPods and iPads as well. I believe that what people are trying to compare are smartphones, and by the most distinguishable feature: the OS. The metaphorical use of comparing GM cars vs Mercedes cars is also flawed since each GM brand is so unique and is easily distinguished from one another, whereas Android does not differ that much from each manufacturer.
    08-15-11 11:16 AM
    Yep and does that mack you a hacker? Loosely defined
    Haha no, and for the record I never claimed the 10yo girl was a hacker. I had used ArtMoney to f around on FarmVille for FB the first day I tried it (got pretty boring), and never considered myself a hacker.

By no means did I think she was a hacker, and anyone who reads the article can tell that the title is extremely misleading, as the vulnerability has nothing to do with the OS, rather it is the game which uses the OS time with no checks or safeguards which makes it extremely easy to manipulate. However, the media likes to make titles appealing in order to generate clicks, so...
    08-15-11 11:20 AM
    Right but when an OS is used by everyone who wants to well then the numbers become skewed.

There are currently six manufacturers — Dell, HTC, Kyocera, LG, Motorola, and Samsung — making 42 smartphones using the Android operating system.

So how does the iPhone stack up against one of these phones? Let’s take a look at the Motorola Droid.

Motorola says it shipped 13.7 million smartphones in 2010. The company didn’t specify Droids, but we’ll count them all anyway.

In comparison, Apple shipped 47.49 million in 2010, outpacing Motorola by more than three times.

Now, let’s take a look at the operating systems in the U.S. According to reports released this month by comScore, if you factor in all of the devices that use iOS including iPhones, iPads and iPod touches, Apple reached 37.9 million people. Android, according to the data, reached 23.8 million on phones and tablets.

Is a great portion of the article.

But most "market share scores" only compare android vs bb vs iphone.

Android is an OS not a phone so thats where I see the glaring misrepresentation.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 08-15-11 at 11:29 AM.
    08-15-11 11:24 AM
    They are comparing smartphones. There are multiple ways of comparing them. i.e. form factor (touch, vs slider, vs flip etc), screen size (4-4.5", 3.5-4", etc), and the list goes on.

One of the ways of comparing them is by Operating System, which is the most distinguishable way to tell the difference between two smartphones. This is why most people use that factor to compare smartphones.
    08-15-11 11:37 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD